Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
03-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #9301
Forum Member

Ok so yesterday I managed to pick up 2 me cameras with a m-28mm f3.5; m-50mm d2 and a vivitar 75-205.

Today I managed to pick up a bunch of old gear including a me super, a spotmatic, a m-50mm f2, a takumar 28mm f3.5,, a takumar 135mm f3.5, a takumar 50mm f1.4, a soligor 80-200 f3.5 and a komura teleconverter (?) as well as a pentax f-50mm f1.7 and a few other things all for about 100$... From what I can tell the F-50mm f1.7 is worth more by itself than the entire price paid

03-09-2017, 06:51 PM   #9302
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Fuji X100 battery and some new lens caps: 49, 52 and 58mm.

I also discovered there are Girl Scout cookies for sale on eBay...

Chris
03-09-2017, 08:05 PM - 1 Like   #9303

The old version of the Bigma, AF racks a bit, but I felt KEH had a good price for it, and I couldn't believe that it was a BGN rating when I got it (glass looks fine, and hardly any marks on the barrel).

Big and heavy though, now I'll have to invest in a better tripod.
03-09-2017, 09:45 PM   #9304
Pentaxian

A set of 15 screwdrivers, some Robertson, some Phillips, some flat blade. Vary in sizes, most have square shanks to get added torque by using wrenches to turn reluctant screws. Also long shanks with grippy handles. Made with extra strength S2 tool steel. They're the Canadian Tire Maximum brand. I've always got by for the most part with small interchangeable screw bit, screw drivers. The new ones are wonderful in comparison to use. My wife is in the process of making a heavy duty cotton roll up bag for them.

They were on sale, good deal and upon reflection....getting these drivers have made me happy.

Just goes to show that it doesn't take much to make an old dog...happy.

'Happy' Les...or 'hapless' for short.

03-10-2017, 05:18 AM - 2 Likes   #9305
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Your latest acquisition

Got my yearly bonus yesterday and today bit the bullet on a Fuji gw690i in what looks to be good shape (no heavy brassing or cleaning marks reasonable roll counter for the age of the camera. Now the wait for it to arrive (been dreaming of owning one of these forever) have two rolls trix and a roll of pans ready to go.
03-10-2017, 05:56 AM - 1 Like   #9306
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
A set of 15 screwdrivers, some Robertson, some Phillips, some flat blade. Vary in sizes, most have square shanks to get added torque by using wrenches to turn reluctant screws. Also long shanks with grippy handles. Made with extra strength S2 tool steel. They're the Canadian Tire Maximum brand. I've always got by for the most part with small interchangeable screw bit, screw drivers. The new ones are wonderful in comparison to use. My wife is in the process of making a heavy duty cotton roll up bag for them.

They were on sale, good deal and upon reflection....getting these drivers have made me happy.

Just goes to show that it doesn't take much to make an old dog...happy.

'Happy' Les...or 'hapless' for short.
Fine tools are a joy to use, a pleasure just to hold (notice I refrained from using the word "fondle").
03-10-2017, 11:38 AM   #9307
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
Got my yearly bonus yesterday and today bit the bullet on a Fuji gw690i in what looks to be good shape (no heavy brassing or cleaning marks reasonable roll counter for the age of the camera. Now the wait for it to arrive (been dreaming of owning one of these forever) have two rolls trix and a roll of pans ready to go.
spent the rest of the bonus on a three strobe studio setup with backdrops (something i've wanted for a while as well)

03-10-2017, 11:55 AM - 3 Likes   #9308
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

FYI

an update on my recent "acquisition" of two new lenses.

On Feb. 16 and March 2 I acquired two replacement artificial lenses when I successfully had cataract surgery done. Currently, left eye is 20/70 and the right eye is 20/20 uncorrected for distant viewing. There is still time for the weaker eye to improve. In any case, quite an improvement over my previous uncorrected vision of 20/400.

I am currently trying to get use to "reading glasses" for near vision such as reading and computers.

the actual time in "surgery" was 7 minutes for the right eye and 6 minutes for the left according to the doctor. it felt quite a bit longer than that to me.

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-10-2017 at 12:20 PM.
03-10-2017, 12:09 PM   #9309
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
FYI

an update on my recent "acquisition" of two new lenses.

On Feb. 16 and March 2 I acquired two replacement artificial lenses when I successfully had cataract surgery done. Currently, left eye is 20/70 and the right eye is 20/20 uncorrected for distant viewing. There is still time for the weaker eye to improve. In any case, quite an improvement over my pressure uncorrected vision of 20/400.

I am currently trying to get use to "reading glasses" for near vision such as reading and computers.

the actual time in "surgery" was 7 minutes for the right eye and 7 minutes for the left according to the doctor. it felt quite a bit longer than that to me.
Holy crap, the vision in your left eye must be such an improvement going from 400 to 70, good luck on the recovery and hopefully the weaker eye get even better
03-10-2017, 12:14 PM - 1 Like   #9310
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fumanchu1 Quote
Holy crap, the vision in your left eye must be such an improvement going from 400 to 70, good luck on the recovery and hopefully the weaker eye get even better
Both eyes were 20/400 , not just the left one, which means that without correction, I saw at 20 feet what a normal person would see at 400 feet before the surgery.

Surprisingly my doctor said I was only at the high end of moderate nearsightedness range.

So both eyes are greatly improved
03-10-2017, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #9311
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I tried to buy some Girl Scout cookies but my coworker ran out of Samoas.
I guess I'll just have to wait until next year to measure my lenses...

Chris
These are the same as the Samoas.

And Walmart has a house brand that is exactly the same, only cheaper.
03-10-2017, 01:23 PM   #9312
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Recently been immersing myself in 18-year old Brit Declan McKenna's work. Totally inspiring to hear such a young talent with an ear for a hook but also a social conscience. A great antidote to the Bieber shlock. His early stuff was done with synths and loops but he now has a band. Will soon be a major player on the scene. And check out his killer version of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain from Glastonbury last year.
03-10-2017, 01:29 PM   #9313
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Recently been immersing myself in 18-year old Brit Declan McKenna's work. Totally inspiring to hear such a young talent with an ear for a hook but also a social conscience. A great antidote to the Bieber shlock. His early stuff was done with synths and loops but he now has a band. Will soon be a major player on the scene. And check out his killer version of Fleetwood Mac's The Chain from Glastonbury last year.
So am I to assume from your post that you acquired the rights to Declan McKenna's life?!
03-10-2017, 01:32 PM   #9314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Lol. He dosen't need an old fart hounding him. And sorry about the post in the wrong forum.
03-10-2017, 04:19 PM   #9315
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Both eyes were 20/400 , not just the left one, which means that without correction, I saw at 20 feet what a normal person would see at 400 feet before the surgery.

Surprisingly my doctor said I was only at the high end of moderate nearsightedness range.

So both eyes are greatly improved
It's a pleasant shock to be able to see when you wake up, isn't it! Mine were slightly worse than yours at 20/450 and 20/500. My solution to the reading glasses problem, after eyes were fully healed, was Bausch & Lomb Purevision Multifocal lenses. I wear one in the left eye for the first half of each month and in the right for the other half. They are rated for 30 days continuous wear, so my corneas will remain in good shape. My two eyes were done in 2007.