Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
08-26-2017, 11:57 AM   #10411
Veteran Member

Nice find, not bad lightweight pods at all.

08-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #10412
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevriano Quote
Nice find, not bad lightweight pods at all.
and to think I never would have been there except I agreed to help the guy out

the estate sales folks would not sell him a bass trombone over the phone

he needed someone to stand in line and puts " hands on " the trombone, then they would accept the sale via the phone and handle shipping it to him

he checked out who was from Kansas on the trombone forum and sent me an email asking me to call him.

he then explained the situation

he wanted to pay me but since he didn't want to pay the big bucks ( $,$$$ ) I need for the 70 - 200 2.8 zoom I am looking at, we agreed he could make a donation to the Topeka Zoo instead

He is donating $100 which will be matched because of a $300,000 pending donation.

Win Win

I found out while in line for an hour [ ( # 3) with the guy behind me looking for the trombone and 2 others looking at it while I did ] that the owner had canon film equipment and projectors

however I looked for any tripods and hidden under a square mounted plate he used to mount a projector I found the Slik items.
08-26-2017, 12:53 PM - 1 Like   #10413
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

X-posted from Confessions of a Toy Camera Shooter....Confess Here! - PentaxForums.com

My new employer provided me with a new phone, a Huawei P10. The thing has two cameras on the back; one colour and one monochrome - Leica branded, so I'm sure the results should be indistinguishable from that of the Leica Monochrom It does seem to provide good results, though, combining the information from the two cameras. Also, the monochrome camera seems to get away with one stop lower ISO for equal exposure, so I suppose getting rid of the Bayer filter lets in more light.

Anyway, a couple of shots with the new toy

Testing the monochrome camera.
08-26-2017, 12:53 PM   #10414
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Been looking for one of these for a few years. Found a good price on evilBay and grabbed it.

08-26-2017, 04:54 PM   #10415
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
and to think I never would have been there except I agreed to help the guy out

the estate sales folks would not sell him a bass trombone over the phone

he needed someone to stand in line and puts " hands on " the trombone, then they would accept the sale via the phone and handle shipping it to him

he checked out who was from Kansas on the trombone forum and sent me an email asking me to call him.

he then explained the situation

he wanted to pay me but since he didn't want to pay the big bucks ( $,$$$ ) I need for the 70 - 200 2.8 zoom I am looking at, we agreed he could make a donation to the Topeka Zoo instead

He is donating $100 which will be matched because of a $300,000 pending donation.

I found out while in line for an hour [ ( # 3) with the guy behind me looking for the trombone and 2 others looking at it while I did ] that the owner had canon film equipment and projectors

however I looked for any tripods and hidden under a square mounted plate he used to mount a projector I found the Slik items.
Nice work! you got to help out a fellow trombone enthusiast and support an organization you already volunteer for. And with the Slik, you made it a three fer! That helps make it

a worthwhile trip.

Win Win

08-26-2017, 05:28 PM   #10416
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Nice work! you got to help out a fellow trombone enthusiast and support an organization you already volunteer for. And with the Slik, you made it a three fer! That helps make it

a worthwhile trip.

Win Win

I'm not supposed to be buying equipment right now
08-27-2017, 07:21 AM   #10417
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
Best of all, for the price, I'm not in too much trouble

I'm not supposed to be buying equipment right now

Neither am I (a very much self-imposed freeze, though). It did really well for over a year - until a few weeks ago. I have wanted a DA10-17 for a long time, but already having the Samyang 8mm and Zenitar 16mm fisheyes I have resisted. Until I found one for a very good price. Then the week after I found a DFA28-105 (mounted on a K-1...) for a reasonably good price as well

The K-1 may actually bring some more expenses as I could need a TC for the FA300 - the only TC I have is the DA one that vignettes quite a lot on the 35mm sensor. OF course, the bigger viewfinder might call for some more manual lenses, too...

08-27-2017, 08:38 AM   #10418
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote

Neither am I (a very much self-imposed freeze, though). It did really well for over a year - until a few weeks ago. I have wanted a DA10-17 for a long time, but already having the Samyang 8mm and Zenitar 16mm fisheyes I have resisted. Until I found one for a very good price. Then the week after I found a DFA28-105 (mounted on a K-1...) for a reasonably good price as well

The K-1 may actually bring some more expenses as I could need a TC for the FA300 - the only TC I have is the DA one that vignettes quite a lot on the 35mm sensor. OF course, the bigger viewfinder might call for some more manual lenses, too...
At least your LBA/GBA diet is self imposed. Some of us have Chancellors of the Exchequer who interfere ...
08-27-2017, 09:27 AM - 1 Like   #10419
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
At least your LBA/GBA diet is self imposed. Some of us have Chancellors of the Exchequer who interfere ...
My Chancellor of the Exchequer has her own collecting addiction(s). Her LBA response seems to be 'In Kind.'
08-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #10420
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My Chancellor of the Exchequer has her own collecting addiction(s). Her LBA response seems to be 'In Kind.'
Lucky you! Mine says "No more camera stuff!"
08-27-2017, 10:05 AM   #10421
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, we are two Chancellors of the Exchecker here. We have two incomes that are roughly the same size and pretty much separate economies beyond what's obviously in the "shared domain". Has worked like a charme for about 15 years so far
08-27-2017, 11:27 AM   #10422
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Today I acquired a Hoya 135mm f2.8 HMC lens for the princely sum of £9.50, and naturally informed the CoE, just to reinforce the message that all big heavy fast-ish lens cost peanuts
08-27-2017, 05:28 PM - 2 Likes   #10423
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My CoE got me a new Sigma 300mm f2.8 when I retired last year. Na na na boo boo.
08-27-2017, 11:28 PM   #10424
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
My CoE got me a new Sigma 300mm f2.8 when I retired last year. Na na na boo boo.
Very nice. I'm tempted by a used one at our main Pentax dealer here.
08-28-2017, 12:36 AM   #10425
Pentaxian

Lucky you! Mine says "No more camera stuff!"
She must have had the same training as mine