Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
10-11-2017, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #10711
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Regarding the Standard Measuring Unit, I note that Boy Scouts of America National Council has voted to accept girls fully into Cub Scouts and eventually Boy Scouts (or some as-yet-undefined parallel program for women age 12-18).

We might need to rethink this Thin Mints thing.
Camping would have been a lot more fun if they allowed girls 50+ years ago when I was a Boy Scout. This should also mean that you can now use Girl Scout water to start your campfires when camping out. We had to use matches and kindling. Pretty time consuming activity when you are really hungry.

Of course it may be a great idea to let the girls earn their cooking merit badges while camping with the boys. They can be cooking and policing the campsite while the boys are out doing manly things. I am liking this more and more.

10-11-2017, 05:21 PM - 1 Like   #10712
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Before I was a Boy Scout I was an honorary Girl Scout.

My older sisters were Girl Scouts so my mom became a troop leader. I must have been about five or six. I got dragged to every Girl Scout meeting.
Sadly I was far too young to realize how lucky I was, the only boy in the whole place, getting all that attention from all those teenage girls...

Chris
10-11-2017, 06:21 PM - 3 Likes   #10713
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Interesting provenance

for my T that arrived in today's mail. The emails giving me progress have all come from the UK. The nicely padded package came from Budapest. The Tee was manufactured in Nicaragua. Only the Good Lord knows where the cotton was grown.

The background is my basement workshop. It's the only place I could get enough distance indoors (it's dark out there!) with the FA 100/2.8 macro to get the whole T in the image. I'm too lazy to take 15 seconds to put the 12-24 on to take a shot of the T, so I took 15 minutes to get it into place for the 100. Wrinkles courtesy of several countries' postal authorities and our mail person cramming the bag into a small box meant for letters.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
10-11-2017, 07:58 PM - 1 Like   #10714
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Was forced to attend co-ed summer camps when I was in my teens.

10-11-2017, 08:00 PM - 2 Likes   #10715
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My 250 GB 960 EVO has shipped and will be here tomorrow
10-11-2017, 09:48 PM   #10716
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Don't you see? There is only one 35mm Pentax with strap lugs like that! One could argue that if I sell the adapter I'll go plus/minus zero and I will have that awfull Tokina preset tele for free...and one fully working Pentax LX!

Had an MX but not an LX.
10-11-2017, 10:53 PM   #10717
Pentaxian

I got a few SR lens rear caps and body caps to keep my Minolta gear protected. And a cheap Chinese knock-off of the white-balance lens cap as it cost ten times less than the genuine article.

10-12-2017, 12:32 AM - 2 Likes   #10718
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
On a more photography related note... this should ship tomorrow, will see how much faster PSE and DXO will launch
I'm getting a Samsung 500Gb SATA version for my main laptop for my 70th b/d next week - actually the drive is already here, but I can't open it yet!
10-12-2017, 12:54 AM - 8 Likes   #10719
Pentaxian

Nice score off the French site "Le Bon Coin" ... I hit on a MX plus a K 24/2.8 and M 50/1.7 for 50€ and the seller had another ad for a Pentacon 6 TL with an ausJena 80/2.8 for 50€ as well. The total was 140€ with the (expensive) postage plus some extras ... the best part of the extras was Rodenstock Rodagon 80/5.6 enlarger lens which I need for the darkroom on the Durst M601 ...

Everything is like brand new ... really, not a mark. Looks like it all just came out of the box. This is the best that I have seen in a long time. The Pentax gear came with the warranty cards ... purchased in Pairs in April of '78. The Pentacon is excellent and had a roll of 220 in it ... I opened the back and advanced the roll to see for the frame spacing which can be a problem, but everything was just perfect. There's even a Pentacon close up filter which should be cool to use.

So happy, I put a roll of FP4 Plus in the MX + 24/2.8 combo ... shot and developed yesterday. Just some vingetting due to a too deep filter and hood selection ... a few samples attached. Cheers, J

10-12-2017, 04:15 AM   #10720
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Pentax MX body from a PF member

Chris
10-12-2017, 04:32 AM - 2 Likes   #10721
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Denon AVR X2300W AV Receiver to replace my 30 year old Pioneer audio stereo Receiver. I’m in a technology coma ATM - the Manual is 309 pages. Three weekends in I’m still tweaking cables and settings. Added Polk Audio RTi-A3 Front L/R and C510 Center channel speakers since I have the surround Receiver.

I imagine my children will dispose of this when I die. Cost me 4 Tamron Adaptall-2 SP classics and some redundant SMC Takumar 55/1.8’s.
10-12-2017, 05:57 AM - 1 Like   #10722
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Just took delivery of a pair of Vivitar 10x50mm binoculars. It was $20 including delivery by courier. Not bad, it cost about the same a takeaway burgers and chips for the family.

What I really want is something with a Pentax logo on it, but that would have been $100 or more. This way I can get the feel of what I actually want to do with a pair of binoculars. My main interest at this stage is astronomy but I don't have much of a clue on how to go about it.

This el cheapo might cure me of the idea or set me on the road to something like a Pentax 20x60mm. We will see.
10-12-2017, 06:11 AM - 1 Like   #10723
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Before I was a Boy Scout I was an honorary Girl Scout.

My older sisters were Girl Scouts so my mom became a troop leader. I must have been about five or six. I got dragged to every Girl Scout meeting.
Sadly I was far too young to realize how lucky I was, the only boy in the whole place, getting all that attention from all those teenage girls...

Chris
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Was forced to attend co-ed summer camps when I was in my teens.
I was the only male flautist in band, does that count?

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I got a few SR lens rear caps and body caps to keep my Minolta gear protected. And a cheap Chinese knock-off of the white-balance lens cap as it cost ten times less than the genuine article.
Did you get new knockoff caps, or real, old caps? (One of the photography stores I frequent usually has quite a few SR caps in the bin of old caps)

Although I'm more fond of K-mount as a whole, the SR bayonet is much nicer from a lens mounting standpoint.

Last edited by timw4mail; 10-12-2017 at 09:10 AM.
10-12-2017, 08:50 AM   #10724
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
I was the only male floutist in band, does that count?
"floutist"? In "English" English the word for someone who plays the flute is spelt "flautist", and to "flout" means deliberately breaking some sort of "regulation" or law - so what were you "flouting"?

Last edited by jeallen01; 10-12-2017 at 08:57 AM.
10-12-2017, 09:10 AM - 1 Like   #10725
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
"floutist"? In "English" English the word for someone who plays the flute is spelt "flautist", and to "flout" means deliberately breaking some sort of "regulation" or law - so what were you "flouting"?
flautist... flute player