Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
12-30-2017, 05:49 PM   #11281
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian.morgan Quote
Yes, when I saw mine listed at 100 GBP I thought it was a bargain but had just spent big on a DA* 300 so didn't go for it at first. Others on eBay that day were selling for 110-130 so it wasn't quite bargainous enough. When I saw it had dropped to 72 after Xmas, and all the eBay ones were back up to 200 quid, couldn't resist. The seller had some lovely pics on their Facebook page which I would guess originated from this lens.

I should wait till it arrives before I celebrate though ... not arrived yet.

It arrived, and all seems good
Now I just need some good weather ....

12-30-2017, 11:39 PM - 1 Like   #11282
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
When you decide you have all the lenses you need, and resolve not to buy another, truth is you're temporarily out of spare cash.
I have reached a certain point in my LBA where I have learned the real sale value of so many lenses that when I see lenses for sale that I don't need (don't need = already have, or an item very, very similar) I buy them anyway if they're under-priced so that I can sell them on at a profit (to be spent on more lenses, naturally).

I know I'm not alone in this zone of LBA.
12-31-2017, 12:53 AM - 1 Like   #11283
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Careful!

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
What's with all the cheap 40mm limiteds today?!?!?

I paid €200 for mine from a forum member and thought I got a good deal but these prices are making what I paid look like a rip-off!!

I've just this morning ordered an MV1 from a used goods site because I spotted it had an M 50mm f/4 macro on it. Assuming the lens is in good condition I'll be able to sell it at a bit of a profit. I already have the A 50mm f/2.8 macro (which is a lovely lens) so I have no real use for another 50mm macro.
Be careful! This is how businesses get started!
12-31-2017, 04:24 AM   #11284
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I have reached a certain point in my LBA where I have learned the real sale value of so many lenses that when I see lenses for sale that I don't need (don't need = already have, or an item very, very similar) I buy them anyway if they're under-priced so that I can sell them on at a profit (to be spent on more lenses, naturally).

I know I'm not alone in this zone of LBA.
collector

some one who has something they think is valuable but isn't really until they find a willing buyer

flipper

a collector who buys something they think is valuable and thinks they can find a buyer who will pay more for the item then they paid for it

problem for each

finding the buyer

IMHO, YMMV

12-31-2017, 04:29 AM   #11285
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
collector

some one who has something they think is valuable but isn't really until they find a willing buyer

flipper

a collector who buys something they think is valuable and thinks they can find a buyer who will pay more for the item then they paid for it

problem for each

finding the buyer

IMHO, YMMV
As with houses and cars and everything else, whatever it is it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it!
12-31-2017, 04:44 AM   #11286
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
As with houses and cars and everything else, whatever it is it's only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it!
when I went to sell our house I talked to my dad since I had never sold a house before

He told me what the realtor would do

as 100% predicted she walked us through the house, asked for a cup of coffee and told us a price for the house

as my dad told me to, I said " sold"

she sputtered and said that she wasn't making an offer but telling us what it worth

as he had instructed me, I said -

" no, this house is worth what we can convince someone to pay us for it, nothing more nothing less, you only have an opinion a guess as to the amount "

due to the need to sell fast- we were moving out of the community immediately, we put it on the market under valued -

how I know that, we had a buyer and a back up within 20 days

when the buyer later tried to convince us ( with the help of our relator - how they can represent ethically both sides is a mystery to me ) to allow them to live in the house rent free while delaying the closing I demanded immediately that she tell them the deal was cancelled and we were going to the back up, she immediately called us back and said the original buyer would close on time in 2 days

they did
12-31-2017, 07:00 AM - 8 Likes   #11287
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Two times a guy really likes his boat: 1) the day he buys it; 2) the day he sells it.

THREE times someone with LBA really likes their new lens: 1) when they click it onto their camera the first time; 2) when they get a bid for more than it cost; 3) after it's gone, and wish they had kept it.

12-31-2017, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #11288
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Two times a guy really likes his boat: 1) the day he buys it; 2) the day he sells it.

THREE times someone with LBA really likes their new lens: 1) when they click it onto their camera the first time; 2) when they get a bid for more than it cost; 3) after it's gone, and wish they had kept it.
4 times

when they decide to buy it that is # 1

add the others to that
12-31-2017, 08:43 AM - 1 Like   #11289
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Stay away from Adam’s Deals of the Week threads. A lens that never even entered the interesting zone can became a ‘must have’ if deeply enough discounted.
12-31-2017, 08:55 AM - 1 Like   #11290
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

I suppose my latest photography related acquisition would be plane tickets to South Africa - and I expect using them will result in a whole lot of images
12-31-2017, 09:09 AM   #11291
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

RKKS08: Yes, mine is the Prakticar version in Praktica bayonet mount.
It cost but a small fraction of the average selling price of most Zeiss-branded models.
I purchased it from an eBay dealer in Germany where I assume these are more common.

FWIW I now own two later Praktica bayonet mount bodies as well.
In features they are surprisingly competitive with their Japanese contemporaries.
Praktica made so many similar models in the years around unification it is confusing.

I am not sure if you can stack the adapters, but you have nothing to lose by trying.
If you can still focus to infinity you are golden! Please let us know if it works...

Chris
12-31-2017, 11:17 AM   #11292
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

USPS just delivered a package from Amazon.
Had to get the 3.5mm to 2.5mm TRS adapter due to the change in size of the remote jack in the KP.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
12-31-2017, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #11293
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Stay away from Adam’s Deals of the Week threads. A lens that never even entered the interesting zone can became a ‘must have’ if deeply enough discounted.
Nah, generally not inexpensive enough for my taste

Then again, I did buy a K-1...
01-01-2018, 07:32 AM - 1 Like   #11294
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Minolta MD W.Rokkor 35mm f/2.8 lens

Chris
01-01-2018, 07:44 AM   #11295
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
First lens purchase of the New Year!

I could not resist the Zeiss Jena 180mm f 2.8 in Pentacon mount at a bargain level price. It is not here yet, but I am already setting up some shots with the K-1 and 645D--also bought adapters for both cameras.

GERMAN ZEISS JENA 180MM SONNAR F/2.8 P6 PENTACON 6 Star wars version | eBay