Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-02-2018, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #12091
Veteran Member

Pentax 6x7 MLU with waist-level finder and SMC 105/2.4 for less than the lens typically sells for alone. Worked it out with the seller to send directly to Eric for inspection and TLC, if required.

04-02-2018, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #12092
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
While I await my a7iii body & 28-70 kit lens. i just picked this up,

04-02-2018, 04:15 PM   #12093
Pentaxian

Is that an Apollo rocket? The panda makes the shot! Thats a beauty.
04-02-2018, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #12094
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote

You picked it up, then you put it back down, maybe left it there? Putting that on a K1 would be tricky. A lot of work with a file.

04-02-2018, 06:57 PM   #12095
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Is that an Apollo rocket? The panda makes the shot! Thats a beauty.
Space G - Mode Switch = Launch | Deploy | Land on the red box.
04-02-2018, 07:11 PM - 4 Likes   #12096
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Auto Takumar 85/1.8 with original caps and case

Here's the seller's photo of the lens I posted earlier. I think I have it sorted now on K-1, but I haven't quite figured out the switch that opens the aperture to focus - it is sprung. I think you are supposed to use your thumb to push the switch but that gets my left fingers all hoojie scroojie. As it is I focus open aperture, then count clicks to stop down and meter. K-1 gets the exposure spot-on

Just shooting around, this might be the sweetest lens I've ever owned, even more character than the K85/1.8 (which is the same as the S-M-C Tak 85/1.8).

04-02-2018, 09:57 PM - 2 Likes   #12097
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote

An SMU defier!

04-02-2018, 10:00 PM   #12098
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Here's the seller's photo of the lens I posted earlier. I think I have it sorted now on K-1, but I haven't quite figured out the switch that opens the aperture to focus - it is sprung. I think you are supposed to use your thumb to push the switch but that gets my left fingers all hoojie scroojie. As it is I focus open aperture, then count clicks to stop down and meter. K-1 gets the exposure spot-on

Just shooting around, this might be the sweetest lens I've ever owned, even more character than the K85/1.8 (which is the same as the S-M-C Tak 85/1.8).

That should be a nice one, and for everyone else - it is a real lens.
04-03-2018, 03:50 AM   #12099
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

The A/M switches on Auto Taks should hold when set to either position. In the M position, the aperture ring will change the aperture immediately while the A position allows the pin on the back of the lens to stop the lens down when the shutter is released. The K mount cameras do not have the "pusher" that does that, so most of us using auto Taks use the A position for focusing (opens the aperture) and the M to stop it down to taking position.
04-03-2018, 04:12 AM   #12100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
The A/M switches on Auto Taks should hold when set to either position. In the M position, the aperture ring will change the aperture immediately while the A position allows the pin on the back of the lens to stop the lens down when the shutter is released. The K mount cameras do not have the "pusher" that does that, so most of us using auto Taks use the A position for focusing (opens the aperture) and the M to stop it down to taking position.
The 85/1.8 is one of 9nly two Auto Tak’s that doesn’t have the ‘cocking aoerture’ mechanism. The A/M switches were introduced with the Super Takumars.
04-03-2018, 06:03 AM   #12101
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
An SMU defier!
Don't you have any crop mode SMU's?
04-03-2018, 10:48 AM   #12102
Pentaxian

I've been at a science fiction convention over the weekend, but heard on Friday that the kind delivery man had left a box of old lenses I got on eBay last week... on the doorstep in pouring rain! Fortunately the occupants of the other flat took them in and helped me immensely by unpacking them and leaving them on radiator, and I don't think that they've suffered any more damage than they already had. For £25 inc P&P (which is probably a little more than I should have spent, though I think I'll come out ahead) I've got an M42 x2 teleconverter, a Wray 4.5" enlarger lens, a Phago 4.5" enlarger lens, a Gino 50mm enlarger lens in its original plastic case, an Agfa Apotar 4.5/85 in a Synchro Compur shutter (unfortunately not working properly), a Halina 45mm f3.5 in a working shutter which ought to be pretty easy to adapt to something like a lomography camera, an Itorex +10D closeup lens, and some nice lens elements which might be useful for something, if only a job lot of lens elements since I have several others around. A reasonable assortment, and I'm fairly happy.
04-03-2018, 11:41 AM   #12103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
I've been at a science fiction convention over the weekend, but heard on Friday that the kind delivery man had left a box of old lenses I got on eBay last week... on the doorstep in pouring rain! Fortunately the occupants of the other flat took them in and helped me immensely by unpacking them and leaving them on radiator, and I don't think that they've suffered any more damage than they already had. For £25 inc P&P (which is probably a little more than I should have spent, though I think I'll come out ahead) I've got an M42 x2 teleconverter, a Wray 4.5" enlarger lens, a Phago 4.5" enlarger lens, a Gino 50mm enlarger lens in its original plastic case, an Agfa Apotar 4.5/85 in a Synchro Compur shutter (unfortunately not working properly), a Halina 45mm f3.5 in a working shutter which ought to be pretty easy to adapt to something like a lomography camera, an Itorex +10D closeup lens, and some nice lens elements which might be useful for something, if only a job lot of lens elements since I have several others around. A reasonable assortment, and I'm fairly happy.
This is why I try to put a plastic bag (anti static if possible) around the lenses I ship. At minimum bubble pack is very tightly taped to prevent casual water intrusion. I've had customers do the same sending me their lenses and they have had soaked boxes and dry lenses.
04-03-2018, 01:40 PM   #12104
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
This is why I try to put a plastic bag (anti static if possible) around the lenses I ship. At minimum bubble pack is very tightly taped to prevent casual water intrusion. I've had customers do the same sending me their lenses and they have had soaked boxes and dry lenses.
Same here - usually several layers of bubble wrap etc. Unfortunately the seller in question wrapped everything in layers of newspaper, not bubble wrap, which just absorbed the water. Although possibly that's why they weren't ruined, the paper absorbed most of it before the lenses got really wet, so they dried out easily afterward.

Later - forgot to say that the first of the two Ricohs I bought arrived on Wednesday. Very good body and case, unfortunately very slight fungus in the front of the 50mm lens, but it's good enough for testing 2x converters etc. which is what I wanted it for.

Last edited by Marcus Rowland; 04-03-2018 at 01:46 PM.
04-03-2018, 02:00 PM   #12105
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
does any one have a recommendation for a source for Anti Static plastic bags big enough to pack camera bodies and lenses?

should the bags fit the equipment exactly or is it ok if it is over sized?

I am considering using them when I transport my equipment for a vacation

thanks for any and all help