Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
05-24-2018, 04:11 PM - 3 Likes   #12586
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got a O-me53. I can't believe it took me so long to get one...

05-24-2018, 04:20 PM - 1 Like   #12587
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Good move! I have one on every Pentax DSLR I own. It's one of my favourite accessories, and not just for manual focusing... I just like the bigger magnification
05-24-2018, 06:49 PM - 3 Likes   #12588
Veteran Member

Met my Mail person when she honked at me just after checking the tracking information and seeing that my New DA* 50-135 f2.8 was out for delivery! A day earlier than estimated! Big win for the post office in my book. And the lens delivers IQ in spades. I am in love with less than 150 images taken. Here is one that Rupert would have enjoyed.
No SMUs in the house so that will have to wait. My belt can't afford many more log lenses!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX KP  Photo 
05-24-2018, 09:58 PM - 1 Like   #12589
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
After discovering the qualities of the Revuenon MC f/1.2 55mm (if I had to choose five optics, it would be one of them), and trying two great chrome-nose f/2 50mm (Auto Mamiya/Sekor and Yashica-DX Auto), I got very interested in Tomioka-made "normal" lenses.
So I started to buy other versions of 50/55mm lenses made by Tomioka, whenever I found them on the cheap.
I'm trying to compare the build and the optical performance.
This is the last one:
Auto Chinon f/1.4 55mm
I picked up one of these last year after reading great things about it but returned it for a refund as it was just in too bad condition. I did take a few shots with it wide open and was very impressed - wide open it's probably the sharpest f/1.4 lens I've ever used.

05-25-2018, 03:12 AM   #12590
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote

this simple change on my camera increased my keeper percentages exponentially...
05-25-2018, 04:54 AM - 1 Like   #12591
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
finally have some shots of the new (to me) lens:

HD DA 35mm f2.8 Macro Limited . . .

(several SMU's did not survive the session)
yeah

we can tell from the last photo that the SMU gave it all by the end of the photo shoot
05-25-2018, 11:16 PM - 1 Like   #12592
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
this simple change on my camera increased my keeper percentages exponentially...
I had lost mine but recently found it in the cupboard and have put it on the K3. I stopped using it on the K200D when I got a Katzeye screen for the camera as it was no longer necessary, but Katzeye are no longer around and the K3's VF is much bettere than the K200D's and with the magnifier manual focus gets a bit closer to the Kazeye experience.

05-26-2018, 03:24 PM - 2 Likes   #12593
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Car boot sale was interesting today - I got a real Apple USB keyboard for a pound, two 62mm filters (polariser and fluorescent light) in a leatherette case for £2, and a Sony DSC-V1 for £3 - unfortunately no battery charger or card and the battery is completely flat, so I've just ordered a charger and 512mb card for about £6. That may seem a lot to spend on a 5 megapixel camera when I don't know for sure that it works, but it has Sony's nightvision infrared modes and with a 920nm filter and neutral density filters ought to give some very nice results. The last time I had one I was quite impressed, but I needed some cash in a hurry and had to sell it on.

An image I posted to Wikipedia:

05-27-2018, 08:58 AM   #12594
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
More car boot stuff. Weirdly, another Apple USB keyboard, also for a pound. And a generic Windows mini-keyboard for £0.50

Then the dealer that sold me the Canon T80 and AF lens last week offered to let me have everything they had left for £10, since they wanted to go home.

So I am now the proud owner of a Canon Eos 100qd body, some sort of Agfa rangefinder camera (not sure which yet), a Canon C1 power winder, four electronic flashes, four assorted body and lens caps (plus one on the Canon), three skylight filters, and two unmounted glass prisms, one of which looks like it may have come from the viewfinder of a 6x4.5 roll film SLR, the other has more of an APS-C look. It'll take me a while to check everything, but I think I got a good deal.
05-27-2018, 10:47 AM   #12595
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Picked up a couple of items over the weekend...

Yesterday, a used but mint condition 05 Toy Telephoto lens for the Q arrived, boxed with papers. Found on eBay at a sensible price, but more than I was willing to pay - so I made a reasonable offer and the seller accepted. I've tried it out briefly and it's a fun little lens... somewhat limited by the fixed f/8 aperture, but for daytime and tripod use, it's great

Also, today, I bought a new WD My Passport 4TB external drive. Inexpensive, pretty fast (via USB 3.0), solidly built, and I just registered it for the three year warranty... Which is nice to have, as it'll be used pretty much daily to backup up all my data and RSYNC snapshots of my Linux Mint system. It came formatted with a single NTFS partition, and I thought I'd have to format it as "ext4" for Linux, but it appears to work just fine as it is. It would seem that Linux Mint 18.3 comes with NTFS drivers. Nice :) The Timeshift utility needs to see a Linux ext4 partition for backing up, so I'll have to reformat it...

Last edited by BigMackCam; 05-27-2018 at 11:16 AM.
05-27-2018, 04:52 PM - 1 Like   #12596
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
I thought I'd have to format it as "ext4" for Linux, but it appears to work just fine as it is. It would seem that Linux Mint 18.3 comes with NTFS drivers. Nice [/S] The Timeshift utility needs to see a Linux ext4 partition for backing up, so I'll have to reformat it...
I had to do the same for Time Machine on the MacBook Air.
05-28-2018, 04:02 PM - 1 Like   #12597

I don't Know If the Sears Lens club here is still active, but here is a shot from a test with a Sears 200 3.5 Tokina Made Lens
Shows Very good results for a Very cheap Purchase Price

Last edited by MJSteele; 01-31-2019 at 03:03 PM.
05-29-2018, 03:27 AM   #12598
Pentaxian

Two latest scores from the thrift store ... both for 7€.

- A (retro) leather camera bag with a working Minolta Dynax 300si ... just needed a battery. Plus 2 Tamron AF lenses ... a 28-80/3.5-5.6 & a 80-210/4.5-5.6 in great condition. I am having a hard time getting the permanent marking "7" number off the leather ...

- An unknown to me, a French Savoyflex that works and has the wildest "ker-thunks" to it. An elevating shutter flap like the Topcons. Top speed is only 1/300.

- And last from a boot sale for 5€, a Canon FL 135/2.5 with really great glass.

05-29-2018, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #12599
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
. I am having a hard time getting the permanent marking "7" number off the leather ...

Hi Jean. I imagine you've worked more than I have removing such thoughtless marks, but just in case, "Magic Marker" can sometimes be removed with alcohol, although on a porous surface, the finish of the fabric or leather may be ruined by going after the marker fluid that has penetrated well below the surface. I suspect I'm telling you things you know perfectly well, but JIC.
05-29-2018, 03:49 AM - 1 Like   #12600
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

From my son

In (dis)honour of my birthday coming up, brand new, complete with cap and box. Mint. Image taken in Green mode, with flash.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo