Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2018, 03:11 PM   #13261
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hi All

Any of you job lot buyers have the bit that enables a bellows to mount to the camera .
I have a m42 Auto Bellows Asahi Pentax.
I presume it looks like a ext tube .I have M42 - K adapter if that makes it easier
I would like to mount it to my K5ii or K100D Super

Dave

07-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #13262
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi All

Any of you job lot buyers have the bit that enables a bellows to mount to the camera .
I have a m42 Auto Bellows Asahi Pentax.
I presume it looks like a ext tube .I have M42 - K adapter if that makes it easier
I would like to mount it to my K5ii or K100D Super

Dave
My bellows has two thin rings that look almost flush mounted when in place (one at each end) that can be removed by twisting a knurled thumb screw on top. In order to mount it safely to my camera I always just use an M42 extension tube to avoid any possibility that the thumb screw would be too hard to reach and/or interfere with the pentaprism overhang.
07-26-2018, 03:34 PM   #13263
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
My bellows has two thin rings that look almost flush mounted when in place (one at each end) that can be removed by twisting a knurled thumb screw on top. In order to mount it safely to my camera I always just use an M42 extension tube to avoid any possibility that the thumb screw would be too hard to reach and/or interfere with the pentaprism overhang.
Hi Uncle Vanya

Thankyou for your reply

I never received the joiner piece when I was given it.
I have a set of Hanimex ext tubes but the throat size is way to large.
Even in backwards the tube only slides in the same size as the M42 camera mount end mount
What brand ext tube do I need ?

Dave
07-27-2018, 07:25 AM - 3 Likes   #13264
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just took delivery of an edixa mat flex with an m42 isco Göttingen iscolor 50mm f2.8 and a mini Rex light meter for £20 normally I whip the lens off then dispose of the body but this is in really good condition so I may just have to run a roll of film through it although, how the hell you get sharp focus through the funky view finder is anyone's guess

Attached Images

07-27-2018, 07:55 AM   #13265
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I just took delivery of an edixa mat flex with an m42 isco Göttingen iscolor 50mm f2.8 and a mini Rex light meter for £20 normally I whip the lens off then dispose of the body but this is in really good condition so I may just have to run a roll of film through it although, how the hell you get sharp focus through the funky view finder is anyone's guess
With a magnifying glass?
07-27-2018, 07:57 AM - 2 Likes   #13266
Forum Member

For me I found a steal at the local shop: Pentax fa 50mm 1.4! Awesome piece of glass and in perfect condition. Great having something I can swap between my k5 and k1000
07-27-2018, 09:23 AM - 2 Likes   #13267
Pentaxian

DON'T junk that body! - Edixas of that generation were "properly" engineered and built cameras (like my very old Prismat with a fixed pentaprism) with a lovely "feel" to the way they operate. As for the viewfinder, there was probably either a clip-in pentaprism, or it was possible to remove the existing w/level finder and fit a proper pentaprism finder - and there was also probably either a ground-glass or split-image screen that can be fitted in place of the existing one.

07-27-2018, 09:55 AM   #13268
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
DON'T junk that body! - Edixas of that generation were "properly" engineered and built cameras (like my very old Prismat with a fixed pentaprism) with a lovely "feel" to the way they operate. As for the viewfinder, there was probably either a clip-in pentaprism, or it was possible to remove the existing w/level finder and fit a proper pentaprism finder - and there was also probably either a ground-glass or split-image screen that can be fitted in place of the existing one.
This is quite nice. I am going to keep it and see if I can get some film. I may try the lens on my K30 but this kit is staying together
07-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #13269
Pentaxian

This is quite nice. I am going to keep it and see if I can get some film. I may try the lens on my K30 but this kit is staying together
See here for the manual (and give the guy a contribution if you can)
07-27-2018, 11:11 AM   #13270
Pentaxian

Film isn't that difficult to find. B&H sells it, and most camera shops still do. I've even seen (a very limited selection) film at pharmacy/convenience stores, and supermarkets.
07-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #13271
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
Film isn't that difficult to find. B&H sells it, and most camera shops still do. I've even seen (a very limited selection) film at pharmacy/convenience stores, and supermarkets.
Possibly less so for Cerebum - he's in the UK!

OTOH you can still get it on-line - but I have quite a lot of outdated stock in the bottom of the fridge if he's desperate
PS: Mifsuds in Brixham now advertising FILM in stock!!

Last edited by jeallen01; 07-27-2018 at 01:01 PM.
07-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #13272
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You guys really love your film don't you for the record I also have an asahi s2a and another edixa, although that one is battered. Thanks for the info I will get reading that manual
07-27-2018, 10:21 PM - 3 Likes   #13273
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

the debut; the 01BB on the left and my only other 24mm, the K24/2.8

as I said, this is a NIB/NOS lens that has been sitting for at least 15 years untouched...

07-27-2018, 10:24 PM   #13274
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
the debut; the 01BB on the left and my only other 24mm, the K24/2.8

as I said, this is a NIB/NOS lens that has been sitting for at least 15 years untouched...

That's a wider (physically) lens than I realized.
07-27-2018, 10:27 PM   #13275
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That's a wider (physically) lens than I realized.
yes - filter thread on the 01BB is 55mm, but the lens itself is a larger-than-standard barrel; but then both the 02B and the 151B are both substantial lenses...