Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #1321
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
arrrrggggh. need to vent.

One of my ebay items arrived today. one lens riddled with fungus like, mould like fungus, not that spidery stuff, and the other, while spotless (totally bizarre right?) the focus ring is stuck. it WILL not turn.

It's a beautiful looking M 1:2 50mm too!!! ...
If you can't get satisfaction from the seller, this can be fixed without too much trouble. PM me, post something in the lens area or search for my old posts in the lens section.

10-20-2011, 08:56 PM   #1322
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks Dave. Will go and search the forum for your posts while I wait (impatiently!) for the seller to get back to me.
10-20-2011, 09:25 PM   #1323
Veteran Member

well i haven't escalated it yet. she's got 100% rating so i'm willing to wait it out and have an amicable ending. i'll only go to paypal if i have to.
As a buyer, I usually wait 3 days or more for a reply before I consider opening a case -- I've only done that a couple times. If I'm the seller with a (rightly or wrongly) aggrieved buyer, I'll open a case immediately and let PayPal resolve it. That's much better than exchanging impolite messages. With weasels.
10-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #1324
Veteran Member

LOL

weasels. *snicker*

well i sent a very factual msg to her and we'll see what she says. i'm happy to wait until monday for a response although i'd prefer not to. either way i have places to go, ppl to see and pictures to take, so it's not like i'll have nothing to do while i wait. i'm usually pretty fair and easy going, it's just when they bust up like this and if they drag it on for an unreasonable amount of time that i get mad..

10-21-2011, 08:33 AM   #1325
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
A fellow pentaxian showed me a cool strap that would allow your camera to rest next to your waist with the strap over your shoulder. It was really comfortable. I imagine it would be easy(easier?) to carry two bodies that way, one with the traditional strap and the other with the waist strap. I forgot the name of the strap, but I've been meaning to look for something like it online.
I don't use a traditional camera strap but when I'm packin' two bodies, I use a camera bag (usually holster- style) and a BlackRapid strap. Works well for me.
10-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #1326
Veteran Member

I've been pretty sick all week. Stomach etc, nose, achy bones, the works, some nasty virus got me good somehow, and that's happening on top this freaking perpetual cold allergy sinus lung thing that I think I've had since last winter on and off. I think my whole family is feeling bad for me. First my folks went crazy at the pet store then today my nieces got me a very pretty hot pink, black and gray plaid messenger bag at Target. One look and I fell in love, as they knew I would.

Right now it looks very vintage Dior, but it just may end up looking more Schiaparelli or maybe Chanel by the time I am done. I have to make a padded insert for it and maybe do a bit of add on decorating with some hand cut felt pieces, maybe a chain or some some cool designer yarn trim. This bag has major potential to be a fun camera bag. They want me to put Hello Kitty on there, but I think I'm going to pass on that go for something a little more vintage fashion inspired. The material and style of the are excellent but the middle stitching is a bit awkward and there's two big gromets on either end that serve no real purpose,that I don't particularly like. I can live without seeing those every day. Somewhere I've got this little Eiffel Tower that I think I'll dangle off the strap. If I do it right no one will realize it's a camera bag. They'll just think it's a cute girly messenger tote and that is exactly what I want most of the time, people taking things for granted and not realizing that I'm lugging around expensive gear!
10-22-2011, 03:10 AM   #1327
Veteran Member

Hi Magkelly! Your bag sounds wonderful! I've seen a few tutorials online about how to convert a normal bag into a padded camera bag.

Here's a linky. It may or not may not help you. But I thought I'd give it to you just in case!

My spotmatic arrived today with a 55mm 1.8 Tak and a Soligor 1:3.5 180mm (with dots of light fungus). The 1.8 Tak is stuck on the body though. Can't figure out how to take it off?! Going to doing some research online to figure out where the release button is.

10-22-2011, 03:30 AM   #1328
Veteran Member

Hi Magkelly! Your bag sounds wonderful! I've seen a few tutorials online about how to convert a normal bag into a padded camera bag.
I turn any bag into a padded camera bag. How? I put my lenses in little cloth sacks|bags or even thick socks, or sometimes just a plastic baggie. Nothing whacks, nothing clatters. Throw a thin t-shirt over them and they're outa sight!

QuoteQuote:
My spotmatic arrived today with a 55mm 1.8 Tak and a Soligor 1:3.5 180mm (with dots of light fungus). The 1.8 Tak is stuck on the body though. Can't figure out how to take it off?! Going to doing some research online to figure out where the release button is.
There's no release button. It's a screw-on screw-off (or screwed-up) system. If it's really jammed on (possible with corroded threads) use a kitchen tool, a tight-jar-lid loosener, to get the lens off without trauma. If it's REALLY REALLY jammed, a thread-loosening solvent may be needed, but don't get any on the glass. Good luck.

ObTopic: My latest is a gift (Thanks dgaies!), a Super-8 zoom with an odd ~30mm / 1.25in thread, an Emdeko 9.5-32/1.8 which will be a candidate for an upcoming project. I hope to pull the fixed lens from a cheap 5mpx Sakar P&S, glue on a mounting ring, and use C- and D-mount cine/CCTV lenses. And this Emdeko. Y'know, what the world of photo-pervs and optix-junkies like me REALLY need is just that, a cheap interchangeable-lens P&S. Guess I'll have to make my own.
10-22-2011, 12:05 PM   #1329
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
ObTopic: My latest is a gift (Thanks dgaies!), a Super-8 zoom with an odd ~30mm / 1.25in thread, an Emdeko 9.5-32/1.8 which will be a candidate for an upcoming project. I hope to pull the fixed lens from a cheap 5mpx Sakar P&S, glue on a mounting ring, and use C- and D-mount cine/CCTV lenses. And this Emdeko. Y'know, what the world of photo-pervs and optix-junkies like me REALLY need is just that, a cheap interchangeable-lens P&S. Guess I'll have to make my own.
You're quite welcome

BTW, here's my latest acquisition that I picked up at the post office a couple hours ago.

10-22-2011, 12:46 PM   #1330
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
You're quite welcome

BTW, here's my latest acquisition that I picked up at the post office a couple hours ago.
Nice! LBA keeps on striking back

---
10-22-2011, 02:16 PM   #1331
Veteran Member

wow degais! that lens looks in mint condition!! ... or is it new? lol

Rico - ah crap. solvent eh?
The strap itself has lots of mould which I've only just noticed. The lens itself looks so clear attached to the camera body. I really hope it's not corroded threads. It's a Super Take 1.8!! Hrmm.. just opened the aperture. There's mould in the back lens... *sigh*

Oh and the filter is totally screwed on - can't seem to get that off either. I guess that doesn't bode well for the lens itself eh? Looks like next week might be 'lens surgery week' if I can get myself off my butt to give it a shot. Just spent the morning out and about shooting on the 1.7. It's lovely and misty out there this morning - a nice change from the super bright sunny days and there's dew and cobwebs and wolfhounds gallomphing around.
10-22-2011, 03:18 PM   #1332
Veteran Member

You're quite welcome

Do you mind letting me know how much you paid for the Voigtlander 58mm? I have a Kmount one I want to sell and am not sure how to price it.
10-22-2011, 04:00 PM   #1333
Veteran Member

wow degais! that lens looks in mint condition!! ... or is it new? lol
It is pretty much mint. A tiny bit of wear on the little aperture ring release button, but other than that it looks and feels brand new. It seems like and extremely well built lens and so far the IQ seems outstanding as well.

QuoteOriginally posted by stanleyk Quote
Do you mind letting me know how much you paid for the Voigtlander 58mm? I have a Kmount one I want to sell and am not sure how to
price it.
Not a problem, PM sent.
10-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #1334
Veteran Member

I
Not a problem, PM sent.
Thanks!!!!!!!!!
10-22-2011, 04:09 PM   #1335
Veteran Member

Rico - ah crap. solvent eh?
Brands stateside here are LocTite and WD40, used to soften-up rusted-together screws+nuts etc. No problem.