Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
11-02-2011, 05:25 PM   #1456

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Hey Aurele,

Guilty as charged

My exxy lens just arrived. The Tamron 90mm macro. Paid big in the hopes that it would stop my LBA.

Umm... not sure it's working. The LBA cure that is, not the lens. I'm snapping a pic of everything on my desk atm. LOL. Everyone at work thinks I'm nuts.
The Tamron 90mm Macro is a great lens! Excelent value for money IMO. It didn't stop my LBA though

11-02-2011, 05:31 PM   #1457
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah I'm just playing around with it atm. Am thrilled at how close up I can get when focusing. My 1.7 and 1.4 can't do that! I know what I'll be doing when I get home tonight.

Researching for all the 'bargains' on ebay can be very exhausting. And when you do it for too long you end up 'slipping' like I did last night on a Tamron 80-210 lens. *shakes head* I think I went wandering into the Tammy club (bad idea) and got sucked into all the pretty pictures. Next thing you know I'm on ebay "browsing".... uhuh.

3 hours to go. Either I hope vainly that NO ONE bids so I can get it for the minimum amount, or that lots/one person bids a crazy price and I get off scott free.

I'm surprised at how lightweight the 90mm is. If I can get lots of pretty flower pics this evening hopefully I'll stop looking?
11-02-2011, 07:35 PM   #1458
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
That's silly, it's still the best camera I've ever owned. (And also a good deal cheaper than whatever the successor will be.)
of course, but for someone who future-proofing in the next 5 years, it's not. inorder to convince myself to get the D700, I need to get it for the price that won't cripple my capability to purchase 5-6 outstanding Nikon lenses.
11-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #1459
Forum Member

Just won a bid on a used DFA 100mm macro (nonWr) on eBay. Now hoping it will arrive.

In the mean time though, I'm looking at Tamron SP AF90mm F/2.8 Di Macro 1:1 Lenses as a replacement if ebay's a bust.

My LBA + impulsive bidding + wishing thinking - post win ebay paranoia =

*ebay search: Pentax A 35-105mm*...feedback Minus 12312...hrmmm MAX BID!!!!!!!*

...I really need to do something about this before it spirals out of control.

11-02-2011, 08:54 PM   #1460
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I recently acquired a Sunpak Platinum Plus 7500 tripod with a removable monopod. All is well then I notice the camera mounting plate, that sucker is HUGE, being an amateur machinist, I decided to redesign and build a new plate from aluminum. The photos illustrate before and after attached to a ZX7 and a Program Plus, the results speak for themselves.
Attached Images

11-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #1461
Veteran Member

wow.... 100mm macro!! nice!!!! I wish I could score one in my budget. Ack! What am I saying??? I already *have* a macro now!!!! And just received another lens!! Although I think this is the one with the wrong mount. booo....

ack ebay. just put me out of my misery. 16 hours takes FOREVER...

-----

*sigh* ok. $50 for a Tamron 80-210mm Adaptal 2 CF Tele-Macro Lens-Pentax w/Case. *sobs* Well, there goes my refund paypal $$.

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 11-02-2011 at 09:01 PM. Reason: *sigh* ok. $50 for a Tamron 80-210mm Adaptal 2 CF Tele-Macro Lens-Pentax w/Case. *sobs* Well, there goes my refund paypal $$.
11-02-2011, 09:18 PM   #1462
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
I wish I could score one in my budget
I wish my budget could too. I'm operating on a vicious cycle.

Pay Day leads to Regal extravagance and gross negligent expenditures plus LBA = Pauperism till next pay day.

11-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #1463
Inactive Account

At a garage sale today, 3 boxed lenses mint. First one that caught my eye a boxed SMC Pentax-F 135mm F2.8 [IF] absolutely mint $5.00. A boxed mint SMC Pentax-F 28mm F2.8 for $4.50,The grandaddy buy of my life a mint SMC Pentax-F* 300mm F4.5 ED [IF] boxed with a mint Pentax travel case designed for the lens $50.00.

The seller was more interested in getting $450.00 for her fathers MV 1 camera body, and insisted the lenses were way to old to be used with today's current technology and digital camera bodies. Why argue that point?

So we fought for 45 minutes arguing/haggling over the price of the camera body. I walked away without buying the MV-1 but I had 3 boxed mint F lenses in hand for a mere $59.50.

I walked away and had a tad of guilt, but the seller insisted on her price.

Plus .50 cents left over from the $60.00 I had in my pocketbook. I bought a cup of coffee with that on my way home and called it a day.

Last edited by Indecent Exposure; 11-02-2011 at 09:45 PM. Reason: more thoughts
11-02-2011, 09:38 PM   #1464
Veteran Member

Holy crap.
11-02-2011, 09:41 PM   #1465
Veteran Member

omg. it's a Thursday here. How on earth do you score a garage sale???

I have no words for that deal you just scored indecent exposure. it's just... indecent!
11-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #1466
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote
At a garage sale today, 3 boxed lenses mint. First one that caught my eye a boxed SMC Pentax-F 135mm F2.8 [IF] absolutely mint $5.00. A boxed mint SMC Pentax-F 28mm F2.8 for $4.50,The grandaddy buy of my life a mint SMC Pentax-F* 300mm F4.5 ED [IF] boxed with a mint Pentax travel case designed for the lens $50.00.

The seller was more interested in getting $450.00 for her fathers MV 1 camera body, and insisted the lenses were way to old to be used with today's current technology and digital camera bodies. Why argue that point?

So we fought for 45 minutes arguing/haggling over the price of the camera body. I walked away without buying the MV-1 but I had 3 boxed mint F lenses in hand for a mere $59.50.

Plus .50 cents left over from the $60.00 I had in my pocketbook.
that is so so wrong. I should be the one to get those for $30.
11-02-2011, 09:43 PM   #1467
Veteran Member

Ok MagusAku, this might help you get out of your doldrums - see what a big boo boo I did...

This is a Vivitar 135 1:2.8.

I *thought* it was a Pentax but it turns out the listing said everything BUT Pentax.

I've squished it onto my k100d, and it fits but it's soooo not secure.

The Bayonet is on the opposite side of the red dot compared to our bayonet mounts.

There's also a little sticky bit to the right of the bayonet. I've taken some photos for you to look at.

I *think* this is the Nikkor mount. Am I correct?

The lens is in mint condition (shocker!) except for a little mark on the rear element which I initially thought was a scratch. But after rubbing it with a lens cleaner wipe it's just about all disappeared. There's only a slight mark left now. So who knows what that was... outside glass fungus? no idea.

I've tried to take a few photos and the IQ looks great. But I'm really worried about the security of that lens... It fell off in my hands twice while I was trying to shoot!

Last edited by wolfiegirl; 11-02-2011 at 10:01 PM.
11-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #1468
Inactive Account

It looks like a Minolta Maxim mount to me, have not seen one for quite some time. That's the best I can think of right now. Give it a day or so and I can pinpoint it.

For what it;s worth
11-02-2011, 10:05 PM   #1469
Veteran Member

Yeah happy to wait while you figure out what it is.

I got it delivered from Israel. Part of that first LBA binge before I knew what to look for.

The listing said compatible with: Canon, For Konica Minolta, For Leica, For Minolta, For Nikon, For Olympus, For Panasonic, For Sony

Course it was hidden in the meta data boxy thing, so I never saw it. Just read the plain ol listing. *sigh*

I thought Minoltas were a big no no on our lenses? As in no way to modify? Looking at this mount, other than being on the opp side of the red dot, it all looks pretty simple. Well, except for that little metal sticky bit
11-03-2011, 12:26 AM   #1470
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Indecent Exposure Quote

Plus .50 cents left over from the $60.00 I had in my pocketbook. I bought a cup of coffee with that on my way home and called it a day.

I'm going to kick myself in the nuts (or give it a good try) if you are anywhere near my area. WHERE did you find somebody THAT STUPID?