Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
09-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #1096
Veteran Member

Yeah, it's a Samyang rebranding. I got mine from the eBay seller masonjersey. They seem to have them in several mounts.

The Nikon version was $449, which is $100 cheaper than on Amazon for the Rokinon, etc.

As for the lack of an "A" setting in the photos, I suspect they use a single stock photo for all auctions.

09-05-2011, 01:46 PM   #1097
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I got mine from the eBay seller masonjersey
Yes, and that is who popped up when I ran the search, seems they are the only ones with them.

The strange thing is this - all of the latest Vivitar Samyang lenses there has been a premium of 15% +/- over all of the other Samyang branded lenses (with the exception of the manufacturer branded which is normal), this one is cheaper. Another thing is all of the Vivitar Samyang lenses (latest: 7mm, 13mm, 85mm) carried the same appearance/design which was much better looking and than the others (the red ring, the labeled series one focus ring grip), this one appears to have the standard grip as the cheaper rok, bow, opt, pheon, falcon ones and also the gold ring on the design like the cheaper ones.

Does yours carry the "Series 1" branding on the lens or the box?

EDIT: Sending Vivitar an email as I am curious about this (curious about the sudden changes)...

---

Last edited by joe.penn; 09-05-2011 at 02:05 PM.
09-05-2011, 07:32 PM   #1098
Veteran Member

Don't know! Ordered it last night and it hasn't shipped yet.
09-07-2011, 08:21 PM   #1099
Veteran Member

Just picked up a F 50 2.8 macro in mint condition (with Pentax pouch) along with SF1 and Takumar F 28-80 for $150 on Ebay!! I could not believe that something 20 plus years old could look and feel brand new.

09-07-2011, 11:46 PM   #1100
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I am working on getting a FA50mm f1.4... Stay tuned!
09-08-2011, 08:23 AM   #1101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico:
An FA28-80 is due to arrive in a couple days. Thanks dgaies!
You're quite welcome. Glad to give away lenses to a good cause, which in this case is you
A good cause? I've sometimes been a cause of anguish, but that's another topic...

Anyway, I picked up the powerzoom at the post office yesterday. Seems to be just fine, now that I've taped-over the missing switch. I've only done a couple test shots -- with outside temp of 97f at 3500ft, I'm not inclined to go running about chasing deer. When the mountains cool a little, I'll give it a go. Thanks again!
09-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #1102
Veteran Member

Picked up a Kiron 70-200/4 Zoomlock for a whopping $30. (Nikon-mount)

09-08-2011, 09:59 AM   #1103
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Picked up a Kiron 70-200/4 Zoomlock for a whopping $30. (Nikon-mount)
If I had a D700 I'd probably buy a lot of Nikon toys too, and you already seem to have everything you'd need for the K5, so cheers.
09-08-2011, 01:54 PM   #1104
Veteran Member

This is so funny actually. Today on the way home from the library I ducked into the thrift store to look for something for my folks. Didn't find that, but I found a Converse military messenger type bag that is basically the same model and make as the $119 Nat Geo messenger camera bag that I've really been totally coveting for a year! For all of $3!!!

BUT, that's not all. In the pockets of the bag which I hadn't bothered to check closely because I was in a major hurry, parents in the car, there was a T30 scientific calculator and inside the bag itself in one of the big inner pockets was a Fuji A200 2MP pocket digital camera! It works, grin. So for $3 I got my $119 bag, a $30 calculator, and a Fuji pocket digital that originally cost $150 apparently. I also got a package of lens wipes, a memory card holder, a 32mb xd card, a little blower and the usb cord and manual which were also in the pocket.

Total steal, huh?

The Fuji can just stay in there I think, be a handy little purse camera. My first Fuji took some awesome quality of pics for a 1.2 MP camera back in the day. This one has good reviews, bit more MP, looks like it's worth still having it around. It's no K-x but you never know, might need it sometime if a cute squirrel happens to scamper my way...wink...

I'm totally psyched about the bag though. Every time I saw that bag I was sorely tempted but no way I was paying $119 for a messenger/camera bag. It's pretty thick already, sturdy, comfy strap, and has lots of great pockets inside and out, which I absolutely love. I'm still going to make a real DSLR caddy for inside, just to pad the body and lenses a bit more, but otherwise, it's darned near perfect this bag, and definitely a gift from the camera gods, grin.

It's this one basically except mine lacks that extra padded DSLR insert the Nat Geo bag has and the pockets on the outside look slightly more like a military bag than the Nat Geo's do. Insert issue is easily fixed issue since I sew, but otherwise the only thing that is really, really different is the logo. Converse military star on the front. There's a similar Converse bag for laptops too.

That one has fewer pockets and it a bit differently shaped. It's a bit longer than the Nat Geo and this one. That one ran about $60. The camera bag was more, almost $90 as I recall, but I can't find that one now to compare. I had it bookmarked for a while until I saw the Nat Geo version. I'm pretty sure this one actually is the Converse version of the DSLR bag, only someone took the insert out. It still has the set up for it inside, the tan velcro et all. I'd guess they were just using it for a school messenger bag maybe and didn't need it.

http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-NG-2477-Shoulder/dp/B0017RVDI8/ref...5516274&sr=1-5

Last edited by magkelly; 09-08-2011 at 02:15 PM.
09-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #1105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
This is so funny actually. Today on the way home from the library I ducked into the thrift store to look for something for my folks. Didn't find that, but I found a Converse military messenger type bag that is basically the same model and make as the $119 Nat Geo messenger camera bag that I've really been totally coveting for a year! For all of $3!!!

BUT, that's not all. In the pockets of the bag which I hadn't bothered to check closely because I was in a major hurry, parents in the car, there was a T30 scientific calculator and inside the bag itself in one of the big inner pockets was a Fuji A200 2MP pocket digital camera! It works, grin. So for $3 I got my $119 bag, a $30 calculator, and a Fuji pocket digital that originally cost $150 apparently. I also got a package of lens wipes, a memory card holder, a 32mb xd card, a little blower and the usb cord and manual which were also in the pocket.

Total steal, huh?
need it.

Amazon.com: National Geographic NG 2477 Large Shoulder Bag (Khaki): Electronics
Ooh, neat. I like the colors of those, too.

I haven't had time to photograph it, yet, but someone came by and sent me a Canon FD 70-210: funny, I must have sold a hundred of these when I was working retail, never had one of my own till now. It's an old standby, nonetheless: I used to share gear with friends a lot when we were on shoots, and there were a couple of those among us over the years.
09-09-2011, 05:17 AM   #1106
Pentaxian

Have been collecting M series bodies over the last few months - MG - no lens, MV - with SMC M50 1:2 and ME Super with SMC Pentax M 40 2.8 in arrival order. Most expensive was the last due to the lens but the low price on the other two compensated. ME rewind misses shutter reset at times when left for a while and is missing the top cover on the rewind lever but the M40 is in perfect condition.

The other two bodies are in perfect condition - very happy.

Last edited by Arjay Bee; 09-09-2011 at 05:39 AM.
09-11-2011, 05:28 AM   #1107
Veteran Member

My First Limited

The DA 40mm.
Going for its first trial today (a cloudy/drizzly day).
Not bothered posting an image of it as you folk already know what it looks like.
09-11-2011, 07:41 AM   #1108
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bluespearbone Quote
The DA 40mm.
Going for its first trial today (a cloudy/drizzly day).
Not bothered posting an image of it as you folk already know what it looks like.
i'm sure you will really love this lense Bought this on an impulse for 300€ (new ), my best buy, after the K-x of course !
09-11-2011, 08:22 PM   #1109
Veteran Member

Sony NEX-5N + adapters
09-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #1110
Inactive Account

I purchased a Sears SL 11 film camera yeasterday. It came with a sears lens 55mm 2.8 and a sears lens 135mm 3.5 prime. Interesting, the 135mm has 12 blades.