Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
10-04-2011, 06:49 PM   #1231
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Great deal! I like your taste, I've enjoyed all of those. Unforgiven is my favourite duster of all time. Legend was the best movie Cruise has ever done.
So we can assume that you have never watched Magnolia?
I remember seeing Legend and Labyrinth (separately of course) at the theater and both are visually interesting. Bowie was the better part of Labyrinth but the lighting and costumes are what make Legend good. I found Labyrinth on DVD for $7 a few months ago and got Legend for half a dollar on VHS today.

I have a dubbed copy of Let It Be but when I saw an official release version, again for fifty cents... Well, you know the rest.
It is a sad and depressing tale but a necessary find for most Beatles fans.

Roadhouse might be the only Patrick Swayze movie I shall own. Just cool enough to watch more than a few times.

Unforgiven. Clint Eastwood. I needn't say anything else.

Last edited by Nowhere Matt; 10-04-2011 at 06:59 PM.
10-04-2011, 07:04 PM   #1232
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
actually Tim Curry played the devil magnificently in that movie.
You're kidding! How could I not have known that? In fact when I was posting a minute ago, it occurred to me that the actor who played the devil was brilliant and I didn't know who it was. You have to give credit to Ridley Scott for that film. Everyone was good, even Tom (I'm Tom Cruise) Cruise.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
and who could ever forget "PennyWise"
The name was vaguely familiar, but I had to google Pennywise. I did see "It". Once again, I didn't realize it was Tim Curry.

My favourite Unforgiven quotes, from Will Munny (Clint Eastwood). Squint when you read these:

"Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

"I've killed just about everything that walks or crawled at one time or another, and I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you done to Ned."

"All right, I'm comin' out. Any man I see out there, I'm gonna kill him. Any sumbitch takes a shot at me, I'm not only gonna kill him, I'm gonna kill his wife and all his friends. Burn his damn house down."

Sorry, back to acquisitions. I'll stop now.

Last edited by audiobomber; 10-04-2011 at 07:11 PM.
10-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #1233
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
A few movies on VHS:
Legend
Let It Be
Roadhouse
Unforgiven

And The Pretenders on cd. All Less than $4.
The Pretenders I have on vinyl but this cd copy was about a buck and a half so I gambled.
My original intent was to find some Metallica CDs. I suddenly find a temporary desire for songs from their catalog. ITunes is often my last resort if I can find entire albums for the price of a few song downloads. I'm sure any of their albums on disc don't last long in thrift stores or pawn shops in my area. The city with the most rental properties, bitchin Camaros and tattooed residents still really love their Mee tal lee kuh.
10-04-2011, 09:24 PM   #1234
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nowhere Matt Quote
We've never met. Have we?

I have a few 78's as well. 8 track cartridges, also.

But if it is any consolation, I could record the VHS to a dv-r to maintain my standings in the New World.
We've already copied all the VHS and Beta to DVR. I still have a pile of 78s and 45s and a monstrous load of pristine classical 33s to dub. Still have a couple CEDs and 4- and 8-tracks lying about, as well as 5" floppies (no more 12") and IBM 3850 Mass Storage carts. And some punch-tape, rather hard to dub.

10-05-2011, 10:27 AM   #1235
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by chalion Quote
Nice bellows setup. Getting that with the original equipment is a very lucky find. Congrats!
Thanks. Followed up with this yesterday. :-)

I'll get a better picture of that as well, but for now it'll have to do.
10-06-2011, 03:08 PM   #1236
Veteran Member

Polaroid A520 5MP pocket digital camera/breast cancer pink edition, Olympus FE230 7.1MP pocket digital camera. $4 for both at Goodwill. The Polaroid is a little rough looking, actually the pink skin needs a change out or some of it needs to be covered maybe, but it works fine and it takes some pretty nice pics for a little 5MP pocket cam.

The Olympus needs a battery and a charger but I'm thinking it likely will work when I get one off Amazon. It's in really nice shape except for one small ding on the LCD screen. If not, no real loss. The batteries and a charger will set me back all of $8 and for $12 even the one camera was a good deal. Both of them were priced well over $100 original retail though they can be had for $30 used now. I do think the only reason that they ended up in the junk bin was that the skin on the Polaroid looked bad and the battery for the other was a lithium one. I doubt they even checked them out too closely.

I may at some point bling the pink one just for fun with some craft crystals and/or maybe make a Hello Kitty camera out of it so one of my nieces can have it for a play camera. I'll give the other one the Fuji that I found a while back so there won't be any fighting over it. Since the Olympus is almost pristine except for having no battery I will grab the battery and a charger and keep that one for me. At the rate I am going everybody in my family is going to have a pocket digital soon. I keep running across $100-150 digitals for like $5 or less, and I just can't seem to walk away from one. Forget LBA. I've seemingly got DPCA "digital pocket camera addiction!"

Again they had some really cruddy lenses on the shelf today. Fungus filled junk, all 3 of them. Minolta. Really, really, bad. I cannot believe that they were trying to get $20 a pop for them given their bad condition.
10-08-2011, 06:37 PM   #1237
Veteran Member

For 10 cents:

The best before date was Sept of 1963 and only one of the rolls was still in the pack. I haven't decided if I'm going to shoot it yet - my box camera is from the same time period but my 645 would allow for control over the exposure. I'm guessing that the .55 penciled on the back could have been the original price. The drug store that sold the film doesn't seem to exist any more.

10-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #1238
Veteran Member

if i were you, i would try to use them, it could be fun ! And for 10 cents, you are not taking a big risk
10-09-2011, 05:50 AM   #1239
Veteran Member

Verichrome Pan is my all time favorite film. I still have some frozen rolls from the last batch.
10-09-2011, 02:52 PM   #1240
Veteran Member

The thing on top, a turret Canon Universal finder...
10-10-2011, 03:21 AM   #1241
Pentaxian

The last second hand lens on my list to bring my prime range from 28 to 16mm. Have wanted one of these for a while but the new price was beyond me:

Zenitar Fish Eye K16mm f2.8 from an auction site in NZ - lister didn't know what he had and a poor description and no knowledge of the mount and no reserve and pics were a bit shabby so I thought what the hey and put an average bid in $US43.00 plus postage.

Wonder how dog like the lens will be when it turns up.
10-10-2011, 04:20 AM   #1242
Veteran Member

jeez ! 43$ for a Zenitar !!!!

Lucky man
10-10-2011, 04:51 AM   #1243
Zav
Pentaxian

I have been weak... a new camera...
10-10-2011, 02:53 PM   #1244
Veteran Member

i've seen this camera often in auction website, sometime for a steal, but is it good ?
10-11-2011, 01:28 AM   #1245
Pentaxian

Hey Zav - this was my first 'real' (not toy) camera purchased about 1972 - without the hibiscus print - had it for approximately 10 years then left it on a park bench in Tokyo - in 1983. Replaced it eventually with a canon T50 SLR but immediately missed the manual functions.