Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
10-15-2011, 12:52 PM   #1261
Veteran Member

Got my first Takumar lens... actually make that 4 Takumar lenses plus a bunch of other stuff

Spotmatic body, 28/3.5, 50/1.4, 85/1.9, 200/4

a flash unit/kit, which looks cool but I have no idea if it works

a Super 8 movie camera, which probably doesn't work, again I have no clue

10-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #1262
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Got my first Takumar lens... actually make that 4 Takumar lenses plus a bunch of other stuff

That looks like a really nice get. You'll love the 200/4, by the way.
10-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #1263
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Don From The Radio Quote
That looks like a really nice get. You'll love the 200/4, by the way.
It's funny you should say that. I really bought the entire set just to try the 85/1.9, but after playing around with all the lenses this afternoon, I have to say the 200/4 was a pleasant surprise.
10-15-2011, 01:40 PM   #1264
Veteran Member

Nice haul there! If you get tired of the 85/1.9, let me know, eh? Yes, the 200/4 is sweet. Something there I like even better is the little TeleTak 200/5.6. It shall undoubtedly call to you soon...

10-15-2011, 01:55 PM   #1265
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hey Dan nice haul!
I think you must actually grow this camera stuff like mushrooms or something.
When you get tired of these let me know too.
10-15-2011, 02:08 PM   #1266
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Nice haul there! If you get tired of the 85/1.9, let me know, eh? Yes, the 200/4 is sweet. Something there I like even better is the little TeleTak 200/5.6. It shall undoubtedly call to you soon...
QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Hey Dan nice haul!
I think you must actually grow this camera stuff like mushrooms or something.
When you get tired of these let me know too.
Yeah, I can't really complain about the haul, lots of cool stuff!

Although perhaps the best find was the genuine Pentax M42 adapter in EX condition that I found at B&H for $20 (so that I could try the Taks out)
10-15-2011, 02:45 PM   #1267
Veteran Member

hehe that's sweet, the genuine Pentax M42 adapter seems real hard to find these days. I ended up buying a Super Tak 35/3.5 from Belgium that included a genuine Pentax adapter to get the adapter. With B&H's shipping to Canada it wasn't much more. I have a S-M-C Tak 35/3.5 so they are not really the same lens and this one looks pretty minty. The waiting for it kinda sux though.

10-15-2011, 02:56 PM   #1268
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
hehe that's sweet, the genuine Pentax M42 adapter seems real hard to find these days. I ended up buying a Super Tak 35/3.5 from Belgium that included a genuine Pentax adapter to get the adapter. With B&H's shipping to Canada it wasn't much more. I have a S-M-C Tak 35/3.5 so they are not really the same lens and this one looks pretty minty. The waiting for it kinda sux though.
The genuine Pentax M42 adapters do seem needlessly difficult to find.

Ironically I had a genuine Pentax M42 adapter for the better part of the past year (but no M42 lenses). I had bought it about a year ago "just in case" I found myself buying M42 lenses at some point. A couple months ago I sold it to a fellow forum member who was having trouble finding one (I sold it to him for $30 shipped to Canada, so I didn't gouge him or anything ). Then, of course, about a month later I end up (finally) needing one. So it all worked out in the end when I happen to see that one at B&H exactly when I needed one.
10-15-2011, 03:01 PM   #1269
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Dgaies, I am so jealous...That's just, wow...
10-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #1270
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Cleaning today I found some 35MMfilm in the back of a cupboard. Kodak Gold 200 and 400, 6 rolls, out of the boxes in a foam roll holder and also 8 rolls of some mystery generic 200 film that's labeled in what I think is Japanese. My roommates who don't even own film cameras anymore swear it wasn't their film, and they'd know better than to store film in a cupboard anyway.

I have absolutely no idea of where this film came from or how old it is. I did get some like that Kodak in a Goodwill lot a long time ago, but I used that right up practicing and now the foam roll holder is in one of my camera bags, so I know it's not from that lot, and of course I would have put it in the fridge anyhow. Whenever I get any film of any kind, even old, the first thing I do is stick it in there or the freezer so this is really strange. It's like there's been some film fairies dropping in on us today.

It's probably 20 years old and total crap given how hot it got in here for the week before we got the box A/C in here. I can't help but wonder what would happen if I put a roll into my old beater 35MM Yashica and tried it though. I should just pitch it, but I'm tempted to put in the least important cameras I have and go for it, lol. The results could be interesting to say the least!
10-15-2011, 05:11 PM   #1271
Veteran Member

Old mistreated film can be fun. Try cross-processing, or use straight juice and just accept the perturbed colours. If necessary, scan the negs and fix (or pervert) the images in PP. Accurate colour rendition is highly over-rated IMHO.
10-15-2011, 05:45 PM   #1272
Veteran Member

Finally got my FA 31 & FA 77.
10-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #1273
Veteran Member

New Computer- and Beware

Trying out my new laptop. My deskstop circa 2003 bit the dust. I'm sure I had something to do with it's demise.
I was sold a wireless router so that I could roam around the house with it. My vision... surf the net or whatever while watching Football Sunday. But I think I was sold a bill of goods. I had my cable provider on the phone twice trying to get online ... they told me to call the manufacturer not their problem. But I was able to use my broadband router with their assistance and hence I'm baaaaccckkkk. BruuuhhHahHAH!

BEWARE of McAffee! ... my troubles began a few days ago when I "updated" McAffee. Real time scanning was turned off - I found out later at work online that this a major issue. So I unistalled McAffee got online and downloaded the software from their site only to get errors of missing files etc etc. So I restored my PC to an earlier date and all was well until I updated ... same problem. Only this time I was unable to restore. I tried rebooting and got no where and eventually fried my hard drive by opening the pc and unplugging the power from the hard drive and fireworks ensued. I tore the hard drive apart and it was frozen. So the only digital pics that I have are those I posted on this forum and APUG. I haven't checked to see if I deleted the memory card in the K-m. But the majority of the ones taken with my Canon A590 are history and in the waste dumpster. Lesson learned.

A friend suggested that I check out the online backup services. I now have Norton 2012 installed. I even went to the ATM to check my balance to see if I had been cleaned out and without real time scanning I was getting spam pages when I would link to a site from google. What a mess. But I'm back online for tonight anyway.. geez. I was having withdrawal weebies
10-15-2011, 06:27 PM   #1274
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote

a flash unit/kit, which looks cool but I have no idea if it works

a Super 8 movie camera, which probably doesn't work, again I have no clue
Nice haul showoff. Just kidding Google Strobanar..from what I remember reading it was a decent flash. be cool if it still worked with the Spottie.
10-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #1275
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
Nice haul showoff. Just kidding Google Strobanar..from what I remember reading it was a decent flash. be cool if it still worked with the Spottie.
No, you're right, it was a total haul showoff picture

I did a little research on the flash this evening. As you said, it looks like it was a decent flash back in the day. I plugged it in to see if I could charge it up. Of course I was a bit of a dumb ass and I was holding it (with the flash pointing at my face) trying to figure out how to "test it" and of course it flash right as I'm staring at it But at least it seems to work! Not sure how well the batteries will hold a charge, I assume they're quite old. It came with an extra battery pack, which I suspect is equally old, so we'll see.

If nothing else, it's just cool that it has the original box and all the parts to it.

As for the movie camera, I have no idea what to do with that. Anyone need a movie camera that most likely doesn't work, but looks kind of cool... it's free if anyone wants it