Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #1276
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Not a camera but maybe some "models" if I feel like photographing some more plastic people. A BFC Ink 18" doll, a 18" Babysitters Club doll, a Teen Trends doll, and a 1982 Steffie Barbie all came my way this past week. Also some kind of designer Halloween ragdoll, a green witch that looks very like Barbara Streisand playing the bad witch from Oz! I've been trying to find her online all week but so far the only ones I can find that are anything like her are by this designer who charges $100 a pop for them. It looks like it might be one of hers maybe, but I am not sure. I sent her an email and pic asking. The doll was made in the early 90's. Could be it was an early one of hers.

I'm kind of laughing at all the 18" girls that are seemingly coming my way. I was never much into dolls that resemble little girls but I seem to be catching up on collecting those now. People keep throwing them at me and I can't say "no" to free dolls whatever they might be. The Steffie Barbie is more my thing and I really like that Barbie sculpt. She's about the same age as my 80's Midge so she's one of the older Barbies in my collection now.

Maybe I'll do a little doll photo session this weekend.

Forty years later and my Sis still brings up/accuses me of throwing her wedding dolls out. I didn't I swear. Men... don't play with others dolls unless your darn sure your not going to get caught.

10-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #1277
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
My latest acquisition, the one on the right. The one on the left we acquired almost two years ago

Gotta protect the victims of my LBA as they're shipped off to new homes...
GAAWWD I HATE THOSE THINGS. Be a little sympathic. Put the peanuts in some plastic grocery bags and then stuff around the item/s. Please.

Brought to you by No more peanut hair arms
10-15-2011, 07:04 PM   #1278
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
No, you're right, it was a total haul showoff picture

I did a little research on the flash this evening. As you said, it looks like it was a decent flash back in the day. I plugged it in to see if I could charge it up. Of course I was a bit of a dumb ass and I was holding it (with the flash pointing at my face) trying to figure out how to "test it" and of course it flash right as I'm staring at it But at least it seems to work! Not sure how well the batteries will hold a charge, I assume they're quite old. It came with an extra battery pack, which I suspect is equally old, so we'll see.

If nothing else, it's just cool that it has the original box and all the parts to it.

As for the movie camera, I have no idea what to do with that. Anyone need a movie camera that most likely doesn't work, but looks kind of cool... it's free if anyone wants it
ROTFLMAO. I'm not alone! I'm not alone! What a bunch of amatuers.
10-15-2011, 07:12 PM   #1279
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by yeatzee Quote
This counts right???

An unidentified tarantula that was given to me

edit: Its a brachypelma vagans male
OMG I just peed. And at my age that's hard to do.

10-15-2011, 07:18 PM   #1280
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote
GAAWWD I HATE THOSE THINGS. Be a little sympathic. Put the peanuts in some plastic grocery bags and then stuff around the item/s. Please.

Brought to you by No more peanut hair arms
Actually, those particular peanuts don't break apart and crumple like the regular styrofoam ones. They're more sponge-like and you don't have to worry about peanut hair arms

QuoteOriginally posted by EyeSpy Quote

ROTFLMAO. I'm not alone! I'm not alone! What a bunch of amatuers.
You are most certainly not alone...
10-16-2011, 01:34 AM   #1281
Veteran Member

magkelly The Kodak color gold can really be fun to use when out-of-date.

I found a 10yrs old rolls during this summer, i used it, and it gave me some kind of psychedelic pictures

i found a Tmax 100 iso, 10yrs old again, and it gave me perfect pictures

Give a try, and have fun !
10-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #1282
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
We've had a really bad zombie problem here in Atlanta for about the last year. In fact, there is an attack being shown on AMC right now that happened about 20 miles south of me. So in anticipation of the zombie apocalypse, here is my latest purchase. It's a Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 with a flashlight on the left rail, green laser sight on the bottom rail and a 4-16X50 scope with either black cross hairs for day shooting and green lighted cross hairs for low light. Only thing lacking is a bayonet lug. Zombies beware!!!!

Attached Images

10-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #1283
Veteran Member

Rifle grenades work better. I never venture into zombi areas without my trusty M203.
10-16-2011, 08:57 PM   #1284
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Rifle grenades work better. I never venture into zombi areas without my trusty M203.
Yeah but the federal paperwork on those is enough to drive a Baptist preacher to drink.

Now when the zombies eat Washington and there is no government left, it will be a different matter.

CW
10-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #1285
Pentaxian

Interesting subject transition
going from discussing the relative merits of packing-peanuts via the psychedelic properties of old film to wallopping zombies in a millisecond - (whiplash to the brain cells)
10-17-2011, 05:03 AM   #1286
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by straightshooter Quote
We've had a really bad zombie problem here in Atlanta for about the last year. In fact, there is an attack being shown on AMC right now that happened about 20 miles south of me. So in anticipation of the zombie apocalypse, here is my latest purchase. It's a Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 with a flashlight on the left rail, green laser sight on the bottom rail and a 4-16X50 scope with either black cross hairs for day shooting and green lighted cross hairs for low light. Only thing lacking is a bayonet lug. Zombies beware!!!!
nice. hopefully you will be able to keep them from spreading outside of atlanta, because I’m too close for comfort and my city is far too pretty to have zombies messing it all up. the only problem is, do you have enough ammunition? I’m thinking that a crossbow is a far superior zombie killer, but yours is certainly bad ass.
10-17-2011, 05:16 AM   #1287
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Hmm, the closest thing I have to a weapon at home is actually branded Pentax. Perhaps I need to consider an upgrade in my choice of weapons for the impending zombie attacks

(reposted from an earlier latest acquisition post).
10-17-2011, 05:43 AM   #1288
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
the only problem is, do you have enough ammunition? I’m thinking that a crossbow is a far superior zombie killer, but yours is certainly bad ass.
My sister-in-law has a new crossbow for deer hunting so we are all set there. She can get them close and with a 16 power scope, I can get them at long distance. The attack last night on AMC's "The Walking Dead" happened on GA State Road 20 right by the Atlanta racetrack so I don't think they have spread as far as Savannah yet. BTW, it's a .22 so ammo is about $15 per 500, I've got four twenty-five round magazines and yeah, I got enough.

CW
10-17-2011, 11:55 AM   #1289
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All well and good but last I saw, you need Salt to kill a Zombie. I guess assault will do the same thing

10-17-2011, 11:59 AM   #1290
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JeffJS Quote
All well and good but last I saw, you need Salt to kill a Zombie. I guess assault will do the same thing

Does that mean you need kosher salt to kill a Jewish vampire?