Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
12-28-2011, 03:42 AM   #2056
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
The remote was not a big necessity, but i thought it would be easier to do the Christmas family shot. And it was : Put the K-x in front on us, i put the LV on, a mirror behind the body so i could se in the middle of us, if everyone was in the frame.

Plus, i can now use "Bulb" in M mod ! so cool for long exposure
the wireless remote is very nice thing to have indeed

12-28-2011, 03:48 AM   #2057
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stanic Quote
the wireless remote is very nice thing to have indeed
indeed, it's nice ! And it was cheap ^^
12-28-2011, 04:06 AM   #2058
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
The remote was not a big necessity, but i thought it would be easier to do the Christmas family shot. And it was : Put the K-x in front on us, i put the LV on, a mirror behind the body so i could se in the middle of us, if everyone was in the frame.

Plus, i can now use "Bulb" in M mod ! so cool for long exposure
yeah, i should get a remote before our trip to europe. then i can get photos of both of us without having to ask strangers to take our photo or awkwardly getting the camera far back enough to get both of us in frame. if i get it now, i'll have enough time to experiment and learn how to use it too. wait.. did i just talk myself into getting the remote?
12-28-2011, 04:10 AM   #2059
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
wait.. did i just talk myself into getting the remote?

I got this universal remote from JJC http://www.mini-max.sk/pics/products/853_unido.jpg
good for other brands as well and it was 10 €, not too expensive...the battery has already lasted for at least 30 000 clicks

12-28-2011, 04:14 AM   #2060
Veteran Member

yeah, i should get a remote before our trip to europe. then i can get photos of both of us without having to ask strangers to take our photo or awkwardly getting the camera far back enough to get both of us in frame. if i get it now, i'll have enough time to experiment and learn how to use it too. wait.. did i just talk myself into getting the remote?
The generic (Ebay) ones are inexpensive and would seem to have more range than the original. The one button, Pentax specific one can be recommended IMO (mine looks like this, very small and light, works great ).
12-28-2011, 04:20 AM   #2061
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
The generic (Ebay) ones are inexpensive and would seem to have more range than the original. The one button, Pentax specific one can be recommended IMO (mine looks like this, very small and light, works great ).
$1.88 with free shipping eh? that's umm.. really expensive. *hand creeps to 'buy it now* *hovers*
12-28-2011, 04:22 AM   #2062
Veteran Member

hrmm the listing says:

Suitable For:
Pentax
*istDS2, *istDS, *istDL2, *istDL, *istD, K100D, K110D, K200D, K10D,K20D,K-M,K-7

what abt kx? kx isn't listed?

12-28-2011, 04:25 AM   #2063
Veteran Member

Mine (looking the same) has worked with the K-x (and the K-5). I would think that all Pentax cameras obey the same signal. edit: These guys have what looks like the same thing with "K-X" mentioned in the title. The premium of $ 0.09 does not seem too eye-watering as they are apparently located in Hong Kong which usually means 1-2 weeks as opposed to 4-6(-8) weeks from mainland China (to Finland, I'd assume that the effect to AUS shipping is similar) .

Last edited by jolepp; 12-28-2011 at 05:02 AM.
12-28-2011, 06:47 AM   #2064
Veteran Member

yeah, i should get a remote before our trip to europe.
It's a nice part of the world to see, specialy Paris
12-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #2065
Veteran Member

... that and you guys all warning me it could still collapse under the weight of my camera. :ugh:
I don't think it is likely to do that .
12-28-2011, 11:12 AM   #2066
Veteran Member

*whistles*

NICE score roob!!!! i paid $40 for mine. great price! $12.. *shakes head*
Thanks Wolfie. I think my first M42 purchase will be a Helios 44-2 because of the cool bokeh.
12-28-2011, 12:20 PM - 1 Like   #2067
Veteran Member

The two button model allows you to activate the AE button to refocus if people move. I've found doing so is more likely to result in a sharp picture than using only the single button remote when doing anything that can move in frame. They cost around $7 shipped. RM-E7 remote usually also marked "JJC".

Last edited by Docrwm; 12-28-2011 at 12:56 PM.
12-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #2068
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
The two button model allows you to activate the AE button to refocus if people move. I've found doing so is more likely to result in a sharp picture than using only the single button remote when doing anything that can move in frame. They cost around $7 shipped. RM-E7 remote usually also marked "JJC".
Very nice but I can't understand why nobody thinks of putting a lanyard attachment point on these devices! These things are small & black and easy to lose: this never occurred to the genius engineers?
12-28-2011, 02:29 PM   #2069
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
Very nice but I can't understand why nobody thinks of putting a lanyard attachment point on these devices! These things are small & black and easy to lose: this never occurred to the genius engineers?
Lose one, buy another. I think this occurred to the marketing wonks.
12-28-2011, 03:21 PM   #2070
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
Lose one, buy another. I think this occurred to the marketing wonks.
i thought exactly the same thing