Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
02-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #4066
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Doing your part to boost the Greek economy! Two thumbs up for you!
I wish i can do more : i'd'like to find the same bargain in B&W film

02-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #4067
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just bought a used Cosmicar (Pentax) MC 28/2.8 A lens for $35 shipped from eBay.

PF lens review here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/lensreviews/Pentax-Takumar-A-28mm-F2.8-Lens.html

This would be a nice fast "normal" lens for APS-C - in case my daughter wants a Pentax DSLR or K-01...

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 02-18-2013 at 11:56 AM.
02-17-2013, 12:23 AM   #4068
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I bought a Pentax M 200mm f/4 off fleaBay since the off brand 200mm f/3.5 I had turned out to be a Frankensteined Nikon (I think). Fell in love with the focal length, but I need something to hit infinity so the Owen is probably going to become shelf-bait or something. I may poke at it later to see if it's possibly salvageable or not. There's a slight chance its just a badly attached M42 adapter or something, but for now I'm too disgusted with it to bother even looking.
02-17-2013, 06:30 AM   #4069
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Jody, that's the 200mm lens you should have bought in the first place.
The M200/4 is a real gem! I expect you will get many keepers with it.

Chris

02-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #4070
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I got a good ole K1000 body (with a bag of some junky lenses and flashes) for free the other day... well, it was a "thank you" for cleaning up and checking some of my father's friend's old camera gear and helping him sell it online.

Seems to work nicely; light meter even had a fresh battery installed. The only problem is that it smells like smoke...

Well, I loaded it up with some Arista 400 B/W and I'm good to go!

02-17-2013, 12:40 PM   #4071
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I swear it is heavier than my K-01 and feels bigger, too. The RF seems a bit cloudy and so does the finder, but maybe that's just the way they are. Otherwise it doesn't look like this one has ever been out of the ER case.

Now I just have to mess with making a stack of 4 LR44 batteries in some cardboard towel tubing to see if it even works. If not, off to Mark Hama.
Nice deal. I sold the aux lens kit and viewfinder for like $40 a few years ago.

I owned a few of these and got one dud due to the fragile wiring for the meter. They are super easy to take apart and clean the viewfinder and mirrors--you just have to be super careful of the wiring. It's also a good time to inspect said wiring since that will be the #1 cause of the meter not working.

There's also an ebay seller (could find it if requested) who will send you a pair of clear tubes with a wood plug at one and a screw driven through it for like $10. Steep price for what it is, but it's an elegant solution if you want to use the normal 123 battery.

Well, on the topic of acquisitions, B&H loves me this week and Amazon came through in the end...

Forgot to picture the Gitzo ground level kit, making my tripod purchase complete

Feisol head and ground level kit: Logical purchases.
12-24, K-01, and Vivitar 1.4x: Impulse purchases
02-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #4072
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ryan s Quote
There's also an ebay seller (could find it if requested) who will send you a pair of clear tubes with a wood plug at one and a screw driven through it for like $10. Steep price for what it is, but it's an elegant solution if you want to use the normal 123 battery.
I found a remake of the original battery, to the exact dimensions, at BatteryMart.com
Feisol head and ground level kit: Logical purchases. 12-24, K-01, and Vivitar 1.4x: Impulse purchases
Oh, my. Oh, my. <g>

02-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #4073
Veteran Member

Cool! Last I checked, you had to use an adapter since there were no batteries with the correct outside dimensions (though voltage was "close enough").

You'll really like the viewfinder once it's cleaned up--it's nice and bright, and the double vision focusing is really neat to use.

It's a good thing I put in a lowball bid on a 43 yesterday Winter in Wisconsin + working second shift = lots of computer time...
02-17-2013, 01:12 PM   #4074
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You'll really like the viewfinder once it's cleaned up--it's nice and bright, and the double vision focusing is really neat to use.
I think this one has to lay low for a while. My winter indoor activity has to be selling stuff and then on nice days there is Q and K-01 play, and the two remaining film cameras need to get out, too.

Wife just locked in a Florida trip (post-season, so not mobbed) and then Wyoming for the big summer deal. Lots to shoot, but how to fly with stuff?

Also, for the first time in 28 years we don't need to accommodate a child's summer schedule (AKA child's need to sleep, eat and do laundry in my house).
02-17-2013, 01:25 PM   #4075
Veteran Member

Feisol head and ground level kit: Logical purchases.
12-24, K-01, and Vivitar 1.4x: Impulse purchases
Wow - if it were me I would have to only open one box a day to get the most of it!

Curious - what exactly is the ground level kit for the head?
02-17-2013, 02:42 PM   #4076
Veteran Member

I have a super amount of patience, but I always have to rip into whatever I receive right away

It's easier to explain with pics so I've bumped my tripod thread with some not-very-good-stuck-indoors ones https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/214364-ho...ml#post2281854
02-17-2013, 04:15 PM   #4077
Veteran Member

Apparently I spent $12.50 plus $50 shipping (!) from Florida and I'm now the owner of a beat looking ME, crappy looking Promaster and Soligar zooms, a winder for said ME, an ugly camera bag and a cheap 2X teleconverter.

I placed a stupid-low bid due to the high cost of shipping (seriously, $50?) and the fact everything looks beat to hell in the listing, and wound up winning the sucker. If it hadn't been the Salvation Army listing I would of avoided bidding at all.

I... wasn't expecting that. It was a 'lets toss out a dumb bid and lose' kind of bid.

Oh... the reason I bid?

This was part of the listing.

I'm just hoping its not sporting some sort of flaw. :-D

I've been lusting for one of those old 1.4's for a while, and had given up on spending south of $100 on one. Technically I just landed this for about $2 if you include the rest of the listing and ignore the crazy shipping fee.
02-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #4078
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
Apparently I spent $12.50 plus $50 shipping (!) from Florida and I'm now the owner of a beat looking ME, crappy looking Promaster and Soligar zooms, a winder for said ME, an ugly camera bag and a cheap 2X teleconverter.

I placed a stupid-low bid due to the high cost of shipping (seriously, $50?) . . . . .
FIFTY BUCKS FOR SHIPPING?

Did you ask why it was so high, and if you did, what was their excuse?
02-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #4079
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
FIFTY BUCKS FOR SHIPPING?

Did you ask why it was so high, and if you did, what was their excuse?
I just got an e-mail from them saying "We just noticed we had the shipping too high. Mind if we lower it for you?"

I told em sure.

Apparently it was set for priority USPS, but now they're going to send it parcel post. :-D
02-17-2013, 07:44 PM   #4080
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
I just got an e-mail from them saying "We just noticed we had the shipping too high. Mind if we lower it for you?"

I told em sure.

Apparently it was set for priority USPS, but now they're going to send it parcel post. :-D
USPS priority should have been maybe $15-$20 max, especially from Florida to Maine.

Sounds more like they had it set for USPS Express.

Edit, a LARGE USPS priority flat rate box is 17.88. All of that and more would have fit in one of those easily.

And the only time a Flat rate box beats 5lb of stuff shipped in a regular priority box is when shipping all the way across the US.. say from AL to CA.