Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2013, 03:35 PM   #5116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Bonjour oldhand,

Looks like I'm gonna have a lot of fun with this Canon FD 135/2.5 ... here it is on the K-5 mounted with a de-glassed PK/FD adapter ... plus a quick wide open indoor test shot using only a table lamp light source, SOOC and taken at less than 3 feet ... Salut, J

Wonderful . . . you mentioned a e-glassed PK/FD adapter. I have more than 30 FD lenses that I would love to use on Pentax film and digital cameras. I got one adapter, with glass, which promptly got stuck on the lens. Lens would not focus on infinity, and the marvellous FD 50 mm f 1.2 lost its magic in every other way as well. Your suggestions on how to get the right adapter to make my FD 50 f 1.2 work on Pentax cameras would be greatly appreciated.

12-16-2013, 11:00 PM   #5117
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Wonderful . . . you mentioned a e-glassed PK/FD adapter. I have more than 30 FD lenses that I would love to use on Pentax film and digital cameras. I got one adapter, with glass, which promptly got stuck on the lens. Lens would not focus on infinity, and the marvellous FD 50 mm f 1.2 lost its magic in every other way as well. Your suggestions on how to get the right adapter to make my FD 50 f 1.2 work on Pentax cameras would be greatly appreciated.
Bonjour ivanvernon,

Merci ! Mine is a "Scoptic" (?) Chinese brand that I bought on a whim a long, long time ago when I was almost given an FD 50/1.8 at a swap meet ... lost its plain white box or maybe threw it away. The infinity correction optic is garage, so it's in baggie now ... remove it and you have an adapter/extension tube ... I do not care about the loss of infinity; never shoot there away ... what's nice is the FD 135/2.5 seems to close focus much, much nearer ... and it's still a real PAIN to put on and take off; c'est la vie.

I have an FD 50/1.4 that I need to try it out on, but here's some (x-post) images of the Scoptic on my FD 50/1.8 (which I just gave away on French fleaBay; clearing out some access gear) and another low light, table lamp, SOOC close focus test shot ... PM me if you want more info, etc. Salut, J

"YEMA" watch = my French brand watch on the exterior with Seiko guts ...

The FD 50/1.4 plus a Minolta ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 12-16-2013 at 11:29 PM.
12-16-2013, 11:36 PM   #5118
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Bonjour ivanvernon,

Merci ! Mine is a "Scoptic" (?) Chinese brand that I bought on a whim a long, long time ago when I was almost given an FD 50/1.8 at a swap meet ... lost its plain white box or maybe threw it away. The infinity correction optic is garage, so it's in baggie now ... remove it and you have an adapter/extension tube ... I do not care about the loss of infinity; never shoot there away ... what's nice is the FD 135/2.5 seems to close focus much, much nearer ... and it's still a real PAIN to put on and take off; c'est la vie.

I have an FD 50/1.4 that I need to try it out on, but here's some (x-post) images of the Scoptic on my FD 50/1.8 (which I just gave away on French fleaBay; clearing out some access gear) and another low light, table lamp, SOOC close focus test shot ... PM me if you want more info, etc. Salut, J

"YEMA" watch = my French brand watch on the exterior with Seiko guts ...

The FD 50/1.4 plus a Minolta ...
Sa sufie. Mille merci.
12-17-2013, 05:24 AM   #5119
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Sa sufie. Mille merci.
I checked, and my FD adapter is also a Chinese Scoptic. The adapter is at the moment somewhat permanently attached to an Aubell brand 28 mm f 2.8. I would like to learn how to detach it from the lens and do as you have done and remove the glass from the adapter. Any advice will be gratefully received.

Merci & bon jour.

ivan

12-17-2013, 10:06 AM   #5120
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Ordered a Kiron 28-105mm f/3.2-4.5 Macro from KEH in "UG" condition that came today. Have to wait until I get home to see the nature of its UGliness, but for $0.19 plus shipping, I won't have much room to complain I've heard good things about this lens, I'm looking forward to trying it out.
12-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #5121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dmeadows85 Quote
Ordered a Kiron 28-105mm f/3.2-4.5 Macro from KEH in "UG" condition that came today. Have to wait until I get home to see the nature of its UGliness, but for $0.19 plus shipping, I won't have much room to complain I've heard good things about this lens, I'm looking forward to trying it out.
I guess it would not be worth sending back for a refund!
12-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #5122
Pentaxian

Full moons & thrifts stores ... (x-post)

Today's find with original strap (removed) ... had corroded battery door with a dead battery, but got it open and cleaned up nicely ... put in a Varta V 625 U (1.5 volt) and meter moves a bit ... (do I need to use a 1.35 volt battery ?) ... a full moon, thus cannot complain and had a lucky day ! Purchase price = 5 € J

12-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #5123
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I guess it would not be worth sending back for a refund!
Haha, no need, this thing is near pristine. Best two dimes I've ever spent!
12-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #5124
Pentaxian

Haha, no need, this thing is near pristine. Best two dimes I've ever spent!
Great - congratulations. I have found some sellers seem to downgrade their merchandise so much it scares people off. They do themselves a dis-service just as do those who over blow their stuff crating negative reviews of them as sellers.
12-17-2013, 08:44 PM   #5125

LBA: "Betcha can't buy just one!"

Black Friday deal:

From the Marketplace:

Also instead of going out and taking photos I waited 5 hours in line for some bottles of this:
12-17-2013, 10:38 PM   #5126
Pentaxian

Can you post an image of you Kiron, please (?) ... from what I have read, "ugly" isn't that bad sometimes at KEH ... nice catch for the price and please post us an image or two ... Salut, J
12-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #5127
Forum Member

Can you post an image of you Kiron, please (?) ... from what I have read, "ugly" isn't that bad sometimes at KEH ... nice catch for the price and please post us an image or two ... Salut, J
Sure, here's a few quick snaps. Bathroom is sadly the best lighting in the house, hope this gives you a good idea...

The only "flaws" I can see is a slight bit of wear around the filter ring, and a light rattle inside the lens (as if a screw were loose), but neither affect function in the slightest.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95924222@N03/11444226223/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95924222@N03/11444226303/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95924222@N03/11444143946/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/95924222@N03/11444143956/

(This is my first time trying to link to photos from Flickr, if they don't show up let me know and I'll try again in the next day or two...)

-Duncan

Last edited by dmeadows85; 12-18-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: trying to fix photo links
12-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #5128
Veteran Member

I just pulled the trigger on the Sigma 18-250. For $349, I simply couldn't pass it up. I've got a couple of items that I will be selling in the near future to cover the cost. I chose 1-day shipping do I'll have it tomorrow so I can get to play with it while I'm still on vacation.

I've had a rough holiday season this year. In the last month, I've moved out of the house I shared with my husband and have filed for divorce after 13 years of marriage. As a result, I've racked up a lot of expenses, but I had to buy myself a fun new toy.

12-19-2013, 02:17 PM   #5129
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I've bought several items in "BGN" from KEH and found them closer to what other dealers would call "EX." And with the return privilege and warranty, what's not to like??
12-19-2013, 02:23 PM   #5130
Pentaxian

Sure, here's a few quick snaps. Bathroom is sadly the best lighting in the house, hope this gives you a good idea...

The only "flaws" I can see is a slight bit of wear around the filter ring, and a light rattle inside the lens (as if a screw were loose), but neither affect function in the slightest. ...

-Duncan
Thanks a lot ... wish that I lived back in the States at times ... Salut,J