Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2014, 11:57 PM   #5296
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Those hand straps look amazing...

/goes off to eBay/Amazon to investigate.... Whoa!!! A$120 to get one here! $60 in postage?!?!?! What the hell? I've bought hockey skates, bag, gloves and a couple sticks that cost that much in postage and I could understand that. But for a wrist strap!
You can get it cheaper on ebay
Camdapter PRO Strap Black | eBay (without the plate)
Desmond Dabp 1 QR Plate Suit Arca Swiss Manfrotto 200PL 14 RC2 Bogen 3157N | eBay

A$75.22 still isn't cheap, though... (for the strap, the plate & shipping to AUS)

Last edited by Boris_Akunin; 02-05-2014 at 11:04 AM.
02-05-2014, 09:37 AM   #5297
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Boris_Akunin Quote
Congrats!

I have no lenses to show but here's my latest acquisition:

regards
Jan
What is that, Jan? Card viewer or something?
02-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #5298
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
What is that, Jan? Card viewer or something?
An MP3-Player (to me it's a FLAC-Player...), the small Sansa players are the go-to-choice for "Audiophiles" looking for a cheap player.
(decent sound quality (great for the price), mSDHC-slot, Rockbox-compatible).
02-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #5299

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by dcBear78 Quote
Those hand straps look amazing...

/goes off to eBay/Amazon to investigate.... Whoa!!! A$120 to get one here! $60 in postage?!?!?! What the hell? I've bought hockey skates, bag, gloves and a couple sticks that cost that much in postage and I could understand that. But for a wrist strap!

edit: What I did come here for... Bought a cheap filter set to test out. They surely can't be that bad? Pretty good value for A$32 even if they are only average.
I bought mine directly from Camdapter (Camdapter) it was $85 shipped to Canada. It isn't the cheapest option out there, but I know it is secure and I can use my tripod and neck strap (which is actually a shoulder strap - Ezee Strap, Shoulder Camera Straps, Binocular Harness, Toronto EZEE Camera Straps) without having to remove the hand strap.

02-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #5300
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
An MP3-Player (to me it's a FLAC-Player...), the small Sansa players are the go-to-choice for "Audiophiles" looking for a cheap player.
We've come a long way from Astrotunes.
02-05-2014, 02:17 PM   #5301
Pentaxian

I have one of those but haven't used it for ages. My Sony MP3 player has better sound quality and my minidisc players better still, though the clip and small size of the Sansa are handy for exercise.
02-05-2014, 02:26 PM   #5302
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I have one of those but haven't used it for ages. My Sony MP3 player has better sound quality and my minidisc players better still, though the clip and small size of the Sansa are handy for exercise.
Did you have the Region setting set to Europe?

02-05-2014, 11:08 PM - 1 Like   #5303
Pentaxian

Did you have the Region setting set to Europe?
Ha ha ha! Of course not! If I did that, the volume would be capped and a man would come round to my house every day to make sure that my music listening environment was compliant with all the relevant European health and safety regulations.

He'd then charge me €100 for doing so.
02-05-2014, 11:12 PM   #5304
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
Ha ha ha! Of course not! If I did that, the volume would be capped and a man would come round to my house every day to make sure that my music listening environment was compliant with all the relevant European health and safety regulations.

He'd then charge me €100 for doing so.
Seriously?
02-06-2014, 05:20 AM   #5305
Pentaxian

Thrift store famine seems to be over for the moment ...

Yesterday's haul: a nice Brownie Starlet with case and flash for 5€ ... and a Cullman bag with a broken zipper for 7€ (see sideways "7" written on bag) ... plus its contents ...

Here's the contents of the 7€ bag ... all in great shape, except that the X-700 has a locked-up mirror ... cannot complain too much !!! J

02-06-2014, 10:04 AM   #5306
Pentaxian

Pick up two enlarger lens at the Aulney (http://www.phot-aulnay.com/) swap meet ... 20€ each (average for the f4) ... the f2.8 had some front element fungus growth, thus a lower price. Just finished pulling apart the f2.8 and it cleaned up quite nicely ... soon to be used, hopefully. Salut, J (x-post)

02-07-2014, 05:48 PM   #5307
Veteran Member

My new HD 55-300 WR arrived today. Here it is next to the Vivitar 75-205 I've been carrying on the K-30. Along with the new Q and 01 lens I just bought, I have exhausted all the funds from my eBay selling spree recently. Gotta start saving now for a premium landscape lens! Seriously, I'm probably going to try to sell off some more of my modest collection of manual lenses, keeping just a few I like the most.

Tony

02-09-2014, 04:49 PM   #5308
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Time to update my latest acquisition for the umpteenth time. I just purchased my second Canon EOS Elan IIE body today for only fifteen dollars (plus tax). I paid thirty (or thirty-five) for the first one.
02-09-2014, 05:52 PM   #5309
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photographyguy74 Quote
Time to update my latest acquisition for the umpteenth time. I just purchased my second Canon EOS Elan IIE body today for only fifteen dollars (plus tax). I paid thirty (or thirty-five) for the first one.
Nice.

Great to see that film is still keeping a hold on photography.
02-11-2014, 09:34 AM   #5310
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Nice.

Great to see that film is still keeping a hold on photography.
I now have one digital camera and four 35mm SLR cameras. Now, if the weather would warm up, I could go out and start using my film cameras.