04-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #6631
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nice price/weight ratio there!

04-17-2015, 09:29 AM   #6632
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
A almost new Pentax 6x7 200mm f4 for 16€ (and no, i don't have a 67 body yet )

A comparaison with my Pentax k-x and the kit lens
16€ !!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ... congratz and get an adapter J
04-17-2015, 03:55 PM   #6633
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
16€ !!! Nooooooooooooooooooooo waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay ... congratz and get an adapter J
Ha Ha ! I'm very proud to have been able to impress you on this one
04-17-2015, 06:23 PM - 1 Like   #6634
Pentaxian

The 16-85 arrived yesterday evening. I'll post pictures soon. Meanwhile, I can say that it's bigger than I thought but very well made. AF is impressive, fast and accurate. Images seen very good too, so far I'm glad.

04-18-2015, 09:09 AM   #6635
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got an S-M-C Takumar 35mm f/2 which looks like it's in pristine condition but the focus ring sticks just before infinity. Nice sharp images though. Probably will send it to Eric because I'm really fumble fingered now.
04-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #6636
Veteran Member

My Preciouses...

Being as the word "precious" cannot have a real plural I have gleefully Gollumized the word, laugh. (I've just spent something like 20 hours in Middle Earth watching Hobbit and LOTR, the extended versions. It will wear off but today I've been adding "esses" all over the place and I've elf music and Elfboy stuck in my brain...) New sterling and labradorite rings, birthday presents mostly, rings that I've acquired recently. I now officially have a dozen labradorite rings thanks to family and friends and their largesse. Tis a fine plethora of rings, grin, but so far as I am concerned one cannot everhave too much labradorite. I don't wear them all at the same time of course, I switch them off, but inevitably I'm wearing a whole bunch of silver, copper or rings made of both depending upon what my fingers can tolerate on any given day. Usually a lot of labradorite as it is my most beloved stone.

I'm totally obsessed with it, have been for a long time now. I think I've mentioned this before but most people they go away and buy t-shirts as souvenirs? I buy sterling and copper or sometimes cool beads or interesting rocks. I have a sterling piece for nearly every place I've ever visited. I'm really not much into the more expensive stones except for the various kinds of opals and pearls. I prefer garnets to rubies, peridots and olivine to emeralds, quartz to diamonds etc. Most of my favorite jewelry is made of semi-precious stones and I infinitely prefer silver and copper to gold. When it comes to stones I really love amethysts also and stones with flash, like opals and labradorite.

Stones like labradorite, opals to me they look like a piece of a rainbow dropped to earth. Anything like that I'm usually pretty into it. Labradorite it's like the aurora borealis has somehow been dropped into very deep salt water and still floats there, a rainbow slick on a stormy sea. To me it's the most fascinating of stones and I am totally in love with it and wear it nearly always. Other stones I wear according to my mood, might change them out to match outfits, but the labradorite is always present. I hardly ever don't have a piece of it on me. If I am not wearing it I'm usually carrying some.

At the risk of sounding new agey, cough, it somehow grounds me and makes me feel better when I am wearing it than when I do not. Supposedly this is a stone for people with arthritis and autoimmune diseases for people with lung issues and problems with digestion. It's also a stone that supposedly seals any cracks in the aura and works with the chakras to heal the body. It's a good stone for people who are supposedly psychic and for people who often feel drained from contact with other people. Dunno about all that, but if so it's the perfect stone for me as all that is generally a problem for me. :P

All I know is when I wear enough of it I feel better somehow, stronger and when I'm feeling a lot of pain it's easier to bear it somehow. It's probably only the placebo effect at work, but I don't care because it usually works for me. I have this one statement necklace I made out of a labradorite, silver set cabochon and a lot of labradorite beads that I hand picked for their flash. When I have to deal with a lot of people or a very stressful situation, when my energy level drops too low, that's the necklace I wear. If I am wearing that necklace and a few labradorite rings all day it's almost like I've got protective armor on. Nothing bothers me too much and I don't come home feeling like a wet noodle...

Anyway, this is my new stuff. The copper still looks more like bronze in these pics, but it's not. A week or two on me and it looks like a copper penny. Unoxidized copper can look like this for a while, but it doesn't for long on me. I have to keep it nice with a polishing cloth and creme sometimes. My skin tends to turn copper and silver near black after a while if I don't keep it up by polishing regularly. It's not the metals, it's me. I eat metal, paint, my skin is so acidic apparently. I can't keep a keyboard for more than a few months either because I inevitably rub the numbers and letters right off them.
Attached Images

Last edited by magkelly; 04-18-2015 at 05:59 PM.
04-18-2015, 08:56 PM   #6637
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
With as much photography equipment as I buy, it's very hard for me to update my recent acquisitions as I get them. Some of the things that I have added recently have been a Honeywell Pentax H1A, a Soligor Spot Sensor, a Nikon EM (with a couple of lenses), and a couple of lenses. I also have a Canon EOS Rebel K2 on the way that I purchased on eBay.

04-19-2015, 07:54 AM   #6638
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photographyguy74 Quote
With as much photography equipment as I buy, it's very hard for me to update my recent acquisitions as I get them. Some of the things that I have added recently have been a Honeywell Pentax H1A, a Soligor Spot Sensor, a Nikon EM (with a couple of lenses), and a couple of lenses. I also have a Canon EOS Rebel K2 on the way that I purchased on eBay.
It looks like you have no prejudices either.
04-19-2015, 09:07 AM - 1 Like   #6639
Veteran Member

A couple of YN560-iv flashes and a remote radio controller...

Never really got into portrait photo, it's never too late to start!

Pat
04-19-2015, 11:03 PM   #6640
Inactive Account

Well...LBA strikes again...just won auction on Ebay for 50mm f2.8 SMC A Takumar Macro...$65....hopefully this will be the bargain investment I hope it to be....supposedly they usually go for $100 more,
04-20-2015, 03:27 PM   #6641
Veteran Member

Not exactly photography equipment (well, it's lighting I guess...):

Inside are two 58W Osram Color Proof 950 tubes:
  • 2x 3350lm (at 25°, 3600lm nominal)
  • R/CRI = 98
I LOVE the light but there's one problem: I now hate all my other lamps with a passion...

My Minolta collection has changed a bit since I last posted, here's what here now (the ones I'm keeping are bolded):

MC-X versions:
  • 28/2.5
  • 35/1.8
  • 50/1.4
  • 58/1.2

MD-I versions:
  • 200/4
MD-II versions:
  • 24/2.8
  • 35/1.8
  • 85/2
  • 135/3.5
  • 200/2.8
MD-III versions:
  • 100/2.5
  • 135/3.5

I'll change my Pentax kit to zooms only (Sigma 17-50, F35-70, DA18-135), sell my limiteds and get an A7.
04-22-2015, 04:51 AM   #6642
Pentaxian

A Rayovac 6-pack blister of 675 hearing aid batteries for my Minolta SR-T 101. These are 1.4V, instead of the current 1.5V 625's... and a lot less expensive than a Wein brand 1.35V 625 battery.

Read that these 675 are "OK" for the SR-T, so I am going to give them a try. I used a cut wide rubber band to make up for the smaller diameter of the 675 inside the battery compartment.

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-22-2015 at 06:36 AM. Reason: typ)oo(s
04-22-2015, 08:04 AM   #6643
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
A Rayovac 6-pack blister of 675 hearing aid batteries for my Minolta SR-T 101. These are 1.4V, instead of the current 1.5V 625's... and a lot less expensive than a Wein brand 1.35V 625 battery.

Read that these 675 are "OK" for the SR-T, so I am going to give them a try. I used a cut wide rubber band to make up for the smaller diameter of the 675 inside the battery compartment.
Interesting, I've had a few things that needed 1.35v batteries but I never bothered. I recently found a Gossen Lunasix (Sept. 1966) but I never bothered to check it's accuracy. It seemed to be working and I just figured I'd need 1.35v batteries to test/calibrate it.

Turns out I was wrong, a Varta V625U (1.5v) and a quick turn of the calibration screw was all it took:

Those pictures were taken in manual with the exposure values the Lunasix provided, looks pretty good to me.

I still prefer my Minolta Autometer IVF so I'm not quite sure what to do with the Lunasix...
04-22-2015, 11:24 PM - 1 Like   #6644
Veteran Member

I got this really pretty original box for my Voigtländer Prominent. Pentax should steal the design!

04-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #6645
Inactive Account

Star Wars Stormtrooper White K50...with 18-55WR and 50-200WR