Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2015, 07:24 PM - 1 Like   #7246
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I've been super curious as to how the FA* 28-70 f2.8 would do for concerts, instead of carrying 2 bodies. I found one locally this afternoon. The PZ switch took a leave of absence, but the lens is in pristine condition, and for a price that almost makes me sick to my stomach.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
12-06-2015, 09:17 PM - 1 Like   #7247
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It matches your camera Kameko - it belongs.
12-06-2015, 09:23 PM   #7248
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Pretty!
12-06-2015, 09:35 PM - 1 Like   #7249
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
It matches your camera Kameko - it belongs.
Haha, I just noticed that while I was taking the photo of it! The ff had better come in a silver paint option too or I don't know how I'll colour coordinate

QuoteOriginally posted by Kath Quote
Pretty!
Until the paint chips off and it looks like my FA* 400. I'm still a huge fan of the silver FA*'s though

12-06-2015, 10:55 PM   #7250
Pentaxian

The silver paint on another, large lens, is quite soft, I have heard from another forum member.
12-08-2015, 06:56 PM   #7251
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

#$%^&*@!

mrs. monochrome: "There's some water around the bottom of the toilet."

monochrome: "(Redacted)"

iPhoto from the bathroom BELOW the one needing attention
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 
12-09-2015, 09:33 AM   #7252
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
"(Redacted)"
Indeed!

12-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #7253
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
mrs. monochrome: "There's some water around the bottom of the toilet."

monochrome: "(Redacted)"

iPhoto from the bathroom BELOW the one needing attention
Bummer. I hit the insurance up for a new roof and a complete main floor fix because of a leak around an improperly designed chimney. Thank heavens I pay for replacement cost insurance. The bill was C$21,000.
12-09-2015, 09:54 AM   #7254
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I self-insure for this kind of stuff and have a high-deductible P&C policy to hold down my premiums. I just grumble about the payout part of my strategy.
12-09-2015, 11:33 AM   #7255
Veteran Member

Plumbing is my least favorite thing in the world, outside of having root canals without anesthetic. You have my complete sympathy.

Last edited by Tom S.; 12-09-2015 at 11:44 AM.
12-09-2015, 01:21 PM   #7256
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Plumbing is crappy work, lol. When my work is slow I always revert back to my handyman skills. Plumbing is hands down the most calls and work I get. Unfortunately many times what I end up fixing is what a "Contractor" did. Shoddy work with no integrity in their work at all. Years ago my sister paid to have her bathroom remodeled. A few months later the toilet was leaking really bad. The contractor essentially blew her off and never returned her calls. She called her little brother in the look at it. It was mess. Hey laid a new subfloor down and never bothered to raise the closet flange. To make matters worse the old cast iron closet flange was broke. The floor was also not level to the old flange. There was nothing I could do but cut the old flange and pipe out and replace them. The hole in floor cut by the contractor was to big so I had to plug the hole, reinforce the floor and cut a new hole. After installing the new flange on the floor I hooked the flange back up to the main stack. This should have all been done in the remodel but the contractor did a patch job to last long enought to get him his money. I have seen similar things done in new houses. I do not even want to start on the wiring issues I have come across.
12-10-2015, 05:28 AM   #7257
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
Plumbing is crappy work, lol. When my work is slow I always revert back to my handyman skills. Plumbing is hands down the most calls and work I get. Unfortunately many times what I end up fixing is what a "Contractor" did. Shoddy work with no integrity in their work at all. Years ago my sister paid to have her bathroom remodeled. A few months later the toilet was leaking really bad. The contractor essentially blew her off and never returned her calls. She called her little brother in the look at it. It was mess. Hey laid a new subfloor down and never bothered to raise the closet flange. To make matters worse the old cast iron closet flange was broke. The floor was also not level to the old flange. There was nothing I could do but cut the old flange and pipe out and replace them. The hole in floor cut by the contractor was to big so I had to plug the hole, reinforce the floor and cut a new hole. After installing the new flange on the floor I hooked the flange back up to the main stack. This should have all been done in the remodel but the contractor did a patch job to last long enought to get him his money. I have seen similar things done in new houses. I do not even want to start on the wiring issues I have come across.
You stirred old memories (nightmares?) of when I redid our main bath. The cast iron flange was rusted and broken and needed replacing. Our home is built on a slab. I knew the old flanges were leaded on, so I took out my propane torch and started trying to melt the lead. several minutes later, I had gotten next to nowhere. I called up a plumber friend and asked if using my acetylene welding torches would hurt anything and his reply was "Heat is heat". It took longer to get the torches out and into the bathroom than it took to melt that lead. Put the new flange on, leveled with the floor, packed it with oakam and leaded it in place.

Did I mention I hate plumbing?
12-10-2015, 09:31 AM   #7258
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Scorpio71GR Quote
<snip> I do not even want to start on the wiring issues I have come across.
When we were moving into our new house here in 1982, my son had his boom box playing in the living room. I turned on the lights over the fireplace and the boom box quit. Turned them off and it came back again.

Marc and I checked every connection in the house and found that the people had used the push in wiring connectors. They were banned sometime before 1974 in British Columbia, probably because of aluminium wiring. A house two doors down melted a kitchen plug by connecting a toaster and another appliance in the same box. It is illegal in BC to have the same circuit on two plugs in the same box in the kitchen. It is legal to use two boxes with the tops on one circuit and the bottoms on another, but not for top and bottom to be on the same circuit.

So much for trusting that contractors would do their job in a professional manner. I've met some wedding "photographers" who are just as unprofessional - to get back on topic.
12-10-2015, 09:45 AM   #7259
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The guy I bought this house from twenty years ago was a tool. The Code Inspector must have been his brother!
12-10-2015, 03:01 PM - 1 Like   #7260
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I am sure I could on forever about what I come across in the twenty plus years I have spent working on houses. Instead why don't we take a look at what the big brown truck left at my house yesterday. A new to me lens.