Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2016, 01:19 PM   #7441
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I recommend a small chest of drawers. Your new storage facility has room for a new chest.*

*If necessary, dispose of some clothing to make room.

02-04-2016, 01:41 PM   #7442
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I recommend a small chest of drawers. Your new storage facility has room for a new chest.*

*If necessary, dispose of some clothing to make room.
Congrats Sagitta!

BTW, I would be interested if some have great ideas for Gear storage cabinets (that can lock hopefully) at good price... I have been looking to Ikea cabinets, but it seems too cheap in general
02-04-2016, 01:54 PM   #7443
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
BTW, I would be interested if some have great ideas for Gear storage cabinets (that can lock hopefully) at good price... I have been looking to Ikea cabinets, but it seems too cheap in general
02-04-2016, 02:14 PM - 1 Like   #7444
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It's written Can*on on it... no good for Pentax gear!

02-04-2016, 02:15 PM   #7445
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Weevil Quote
It's written Can*on on it... no good for Pentax gear!
You need one like the one @Rupert has.
02-04-2016, 02:32 PM   #7446
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
New place to store my gear.

It has 3 bedrooms, 2 baths, an acre of land, and sunset AND sunrise views.

My brain is kind of checked out for the moment trying to wrap itself around the fact that we have an actual house and not a crappy 40 year old mobile home or an apartment now.
Congratulations!
02-04-2016, 02:36 PM   #7447
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
You need one like the one @Rupert has.
Yep, let's keep squirrels happy and stay Genuine Pentax! They would burn my house down if they discovered anything Canon inside.

Regards!

02-04-2016, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #7448
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Here are two of my drawers

02-04-2016, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #7449
Veteran Member

My actual cabinet is one I picked up second hand for $60.

I'm not really looking forwards to having to haul it where t needs to go, its solid wood and very heavy.

02-04-2016, 05:34 PM   #7450
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I've had a few new lenses over the past few months, to use with my Pentax DSLRs... normally I don't post them here, but I love the ones I've acquired, in particular the Tamron A09 28-75mm f/2.8 which is a dream for portrait work on an APS-C sensor...

But, a few weeks ago, I unexpectedly bought a new camera - and, horror of horrors, it wasn't a Pentax (I decided a while ago not to move "up" to the soon-to-be-released FF model). B&H had a few Hasselblad HV kits in stock (the HV is a Sony A99 internally, but with seriously over-engineered casing and controls) and - after a surprising amount of encouragement from my family - I got one while they still had stock. A couple of days after ordering, they were back to showing "Discontinued". Rumour has it that only a hundred or so of this camera were produced. It failed dismally to sell, as Hasselblad priced it way beyond what it was worth, and promoted it more as a style-oriented consumer camera - big mistakes in the marketing department, in my view, as it's a very good camera. At the discounted kit price it worked out to less than the cost of a new Sony A99 with Sony Zeiss 24-70 f/2.8 lens. It came with that same excellent lens, plus a really nice waterproof travel case and various accessories. Image quality is better than I'd expected - the 24Mp full-frame sensor is 2012 vintage, but the dynamic range is excellent and detail is astonishingly good, even compared to my K3. It shows more colour noise than the K3 at high ISO, but the dynamic range and detail allow for great images between ISO 50 - 6400, and even at 12800 with careful noise reduction. The K3 easily beats it at 25600 (the highest setting for the Hassy). But the biggest revelations for me are the EVF - which is truly outstanding to use (I'm strictly an OVF guy, or so I thought until I tried this!!) - and the speed / accuracy of autofocus, which is amazing.

I'm still a Pentax guy at heart, and if I had to choose one camera to keep, it would be my K3... but this HV is a thing of beauty and a really good photographic tool

I call it the "Sonyblad HumVee"
Attached Images

Last edited by BigMackCam; 02-04-2016 at 05:48 PM.
02-04-2016, 05:35 PM   #7451
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Yep, let's keep squirrels happy and stay Genuine Pentax! They would burn my house down if they discovered anything Canon inside.

Regards!
They would not burn down your house. The squirrels close by have seen me with my Canon gear, including a not so subtle 400mm Canon lens, and all they do is litter my yard with lots of half eaten oranges and avocados! Sometimes the half eaten oranges send up in my pool.

No one should live in fear of squirrels!
02-04-2016, 06:37 PM   #7452
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sagitta Quote
My actual cabinet is one I picked up second hand for $60.

I'm not really looking forwards to having to haul it where t needs to go, its solid wood and very heavy.

Very nice! Congratulations! Do you have any teenaged boys in your new neighborhood who would appreciate a $20 bill for an hour's work?
02-04-2016, 08:59 PM   #7453
Veteran Member

@BigMackCam
How could you?

Enjoy it
02-05-2016, 04:16 AM   #7454
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
@BigMackCam
How could you?

Enjoy it
I'm still a Pentax guy through 'n through... In all honesty, while I absolutely love the HV, I wouldn't say it's better or worse than any of my Pentax gear... just different
02-05-2016, 04:53 AM   #7455
Pentaxian

A new Icecrypt STC3250 CCIHD satellite receiver to revive my long-quiescent multi-dish system at the end of the garden - and another new set of challenges to face and overcome!