Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2017, 05:02 PM - 1 Like   #10471
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Picked these two up last week for quite reasonable prices from a B&M camera shop in La Rochelle ...
Savoche ... you're a funny guy, but this one will really bring out the torches and the pitchforks ... plus maybe some tar and feather, too !

Picture this. Large community yard sale at Buxerolles just north of Poitiers last Sunday. I hit it, as all the really close ones ...

And I see this ... and I think that a "zero" is missing from the red-marked price tag. Nope.

I look good. I see good. I offer a "two" and a "zero", but the middle-aged lady selling the item said no in that she wanted a "two" and a "five", but no "zero" afterwards.

So, I paid cash on the spot ... and now I am a bit scared. Didn't ask why for the sale, just bought and left.

Almost afraid it might be "hot", but the lady seller looked AOK and her stand was a bunch of average garage sale type items.

Maybe I am being a bit "parano" ... but this thing is freaking new without any use marks and just a bit of a slightly tattered box ... go figure.

As my French wife says, "J, you have a butt full of noodles!". Not divorce words, just means that I am lucky ... I guess.
I know.

I have much shame.
To help you over this "shame", I would like to go shopping with you!

08-31-2017, 08:26 PM - 3 Likes   #10472
Veteran Member

Savoche ... you're a funny guy, but this one will really bring out the torches and the pitchforks ... plus maybe some tar and feather, too !
You smell that? Do you smell that?(...) Tar, son. Nothing else in the world smells like that. I love the smell of tar in the morning.

DHL 'lost' the parcel for a couple of weeks but it finally arrived yesterday. I only paid 60€ so I'm not too mad...

The meter on the KM doesn't seem to be working (the meter needle barely twitches) and there's something wrong with the linkage between the aperture ring and the aperture mechanism on the K50/1.4 (probably an easy fix).
Other than that it's all in good condition.

Now, whatever am I going to do with the K28/3.5 (I already have one)...

QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
no

your status as a traitor to Pentax is still secured
How about now?

Last edited by Boris_Akunin; 08-31-2017 at 09:16 PM.
08-31-2017, 09:02 PM - 5 Likes   #10473
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Learning a new Menu system and feature set.

Sold a K35/2 and A50/1.4. PayPal account had cash. This came along at a very nice price with many accessories . . . . .

EDIT: I should add the PF member who sold this to me is @mnj11. He included - without telling me he was doing it - a perfect Kata belt pouch, some extra Wasabi batteries and a new-in-packaging mini Rocket blower cleaning kit. Super nice guy. If you ever see him selling in the Marketplace I recommend him.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 6 Plus  Photo 

Last edited by monochrome; 09-02-2017 at 06:01 AM.
08-31-2017, 09:37 PM - 2 Likes   #10474
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Sold a K35/2 and A50/1.4. PayPal account had cash. This came along at a very nice price with many accessories . . . . .
It's the circle, the circle of GAS.

08-31-2017, 10:14 PM - 1 Like   #10475
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I heel and toe everything I drive that has a manual transmission. Even did it in Monstro when the left foot was working the clutch from a stop. Then I used the left foot on the brake sometimes while the right foot worked the throttle for downshifting Once rolling, the clutch pedal is not used for shifting in big trucks).
I used to drive my 1970 Mini like that (no clutch once rolling). I wondered if I could do it, so I had to find out

Last edited by RichardS; 09-01-2017 at 12:17 AM.
09-01-2017, 12:03 AM   #10476
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robbiec Quote
Parts arriving for a new PC that I am building that will be able to handle the files from the K-1 that I shall be getting soon.

Watercooled with a mix of EK and Aquacomputer parts, 360mm and 240mm fat rads, dual pumps (DDCs 18W), Aquaero LT controlled pumps and fans. 32GB Ram, 500GB M.2 Samsung OS / Apps drive, 4 x 4TB Toshiba storage, probably a AMD Threadripper 1900X, Asus MB + AMD Vega 64 GPU powered by a be quiet 850 Platinum psu. OS will be Win 10 Pro, Linux Gentoo and an OS/2 (Arca Noae version) vm for giggles.
I think you'll be pleased. The MB SATA controller in my old (2007) PC died and I've almost completed my new build. Just tinkering a bit around the edges. I'm not into overclocking or water cooling, and I'm not a gamer (obviously ). SQL Server and Visual Studio get used as often as photo processing, so this is not very sexy. But it's very fast . i7-7700, 32GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 960 Pro NVMe M.2 for OS/Apps, 2TB RAID1 (I'm using the WD Black from my old PC), Asus Prime Z270A MB. Win 10 Pro.

I use Corel ASP Pro, which used to be Bibble Pro. Bibble claimed that they took advantage of multiple processors. As far as I can tell from quick tests, they still do. Image editing changes happen instantly.

BTW, if you want to see real water cooling, check out IBM mainframes from the 1970s and 1980s.
09-01-2017, 03:05 AM   #10477
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I don't quite get this "sold" thing...

But I think you'll like the GRII. My GR is with me always. A fantastic little camera.

09-01-2017, 05:36 AM - 2 Likes   #10478
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

It's official now

okay, I'm ready -

I will pick up a Like New HD Pentax-D FA* 70-200mm F2.8 ED DC AW from a forum member tomorrow ( Thursday )

[ not only does he have the original box, hood, carrying case, strap and rear and front cap to give me, he even has the original plastic bubble wrap and cardboard !!! ]

and try it out at the Kansas City Zoo.

I have just got some SMUs from Walmart good value brand

[and some non toxic Elmer's school glue just in case ] so I expect I can get photos posted this weekend at the latest

[ it ain't official without photos right ??? ]
photos of the Like New lens I just received. ( I thought it was the sweetest deal possible until that " guy " from France told us about his " find ",

Your latest acquisition - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

still I am very happy with mine )

first the tools assembled which might be necessary ( non toxic glue so not to damage the SMU )

the box and carrying case ( I actually received all of the original packaging including the bubble wrap and paper work )

the various parts

the final assembly

the official measurement with the SMU

the amount of SMU actually used, only a few had glue added, in the end, a slight tilt was needed for the final measurement
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-01-2017 at 05:51 AM.
09-01-2017, 05:53 AM - 1 Like   #10479
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

non toxic glue so not to damage the SMU
Wouldn't icing sugar be just the thing?

Congrats on the lens, though. If it is as great as it looks you should be all set

(Yes, I could mean great as in "huge" as well!)
09-01-2017, 05:55 AM - 1 Like   #10480
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by savoche Quote
Wouldn't icing sugar be just the thing?

Congrats on the lens, though. If it is as great as it looks you should be all set

(Yes, I could mean great as in "huge" as well!)
thanks I was lucky and fast when it was posted to the market place, the seller said he got a lot of interest in it.

He was about 80 miles away so I went to check it out asap after I made contact with him and found out where he was at

like the brand of SMU, I think I got " Great Value "

simple syrup might work as well

double sided tape perhaps

only the SMU is standard, how you stack them is variable I believe

so long as the " stabilizing " substance doesn't add noticeably to the height of the stack

perhaps the originator of the SMU - pepperberry farm - could inform us with an official ruling

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-01-2017 at 06:05 AM.
09-01-2017, 07:38 AM - 1 Like   #10481
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

a slightly tattered box
Oh, well then...
09-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #10482
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

photos of the Like New lens I just received. ( I thought it was the sweetest deal possible until that " guy " from France told us about his " find ",

Your latest acquisition - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

still I am very happy with mine )

first the tools assembled which might be necessary ( non toxic glue so not to damage the SMU )

the box and carrying case ( I actually received all of the original packaging including the bubble wrap and paper work )

the various parts

the final assembly

the official measurement with the SMU

the amount of SMU actually used, only a few had glue added, in the end, a slight tilt was needed for the final measurement
I'd give you 10 boxes of the cookies for the lens, not those generic WalMart ones either, I'd make it the Keebler, or whoever makes them. LOL, congratulations!
09-01-2017, 09:31 AM   #10483
Veteran Member

Very nice Mr Fox
09-01-2017, 10:56 AM   #10484
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

thanks to all who have commented

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
I'd give you 10 boxes of the cookies for the lens, not those generic WalMart ones either, I'd make it the Keebler, or whoever makes them. LOL, congratulations!
respectfully

NO DEAL

just got it insured for replacement value (what they are selling it now for new) on my personal articles rider

costs $25/yr to add

be advised that if you go out of the country, items on a personal articles rider will be covered, no coverage on home owner or automobile coverage

at least as State Farm is concerned

check your insurance coverage before leaving the country

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-01-2017 at 12:43 PM.
09-01-2017, 11:30 AM   #10485
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Beats my favorite legacy toy by 11 SMU's.

Much joy!