Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
10-10-2017, 05:10 AM - 2 Likes   #10696
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyway...my latest acquisition is an uncut roll of developed film.

10-10-2017, 05:51 AM - 1 Like   #10697
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
all we need now is a reason to eat some cookies (sorry - SMU's)...
The SMU is the equivalent of the shmoos in the Li'l Abner cartoon, Their greatest wish in life is to get eaten. Help them obtain their ultimate goal in life.
10-10-2017, 06:20 AM - 2 Likes   #10698
Veteran Member

It has been a while since i posted anything on this thread. Last week I joined a local artist co-operative (Gallery 44) , and one of the benefits is below market rental rates on a variety of equipment, I pick up my first rental this friday a Toyo45 Viwew camera and some film holders, to that end I picked up 25 sheets of fp4 and 2 x 20 packs and Fuji 160ns (and some b/w chemicals rodinal stop and fix so i can do my own fp4 and some 120 film i have to process from my fuji 690).. the gallery has a large darkroom for members and the abilty to print from as large as 8x10 negs (and a Deardorff is available as well, though it is far less expensive to get the view camera experience on 4x5) hoping that among other things the fall colours step it up a bit , it's been so warm i'd need to drive 4 hours north at this point
10-10-2017, 06:45 AM   #10699
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
The SMU is the equivalent of the shmoos in the Li'l Abner cartoon, Their greatest wish in life is to get eaten. Help them obtain their ultimate goal in life.
that brings back the memories

" . . . The Shmoo satisfied all the world’s wants. You could never run out of Shmoon (plural of Shmoo) because they multiplied at such an incredible rate. The Shmoo believed that the only way to happiness was to bring happiness to others.Li’l Abnerdiscovered Shmoos when he ventured into the forbidden Valley of the Shmoon, against the frantic protestations of Ol’ Man Mose. “Shmoos,” he warned, “is the greatest menace to hoomanity th’ world has evah known.” “Thass becuz they is so bad, huh?” asked Li’l Abner. “No, stupid,” answered Mose, hurling one of life’s profoundest paradoxes at Li’l Abner. “It’s because they’re so good!”

Ironically, the lovable and selfless Shmoos ultimately brought misery to humankind because people with a limitless supply of self-sacrificing Shmoos stopped working and society broke down. Seen at first as a boon to humankind, they were ultimately hunted down and exterminated to preserve the status quo. (Thought extinct after the 1948 adventure, one Shmoo always seemed to escape to Dogpatch’s Valley of the Shmoon to form a new colony and a later plot revival by Capp). . . . "

The Shmoo | Li'l Abner

10-10-2017, 08:35 AM - 2 Likes   #10700
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
all we need now is a reason to eat some cookies (sorry - SMU's)...
I ate mine right after I posted the FA 100/2.8 macro a couple pages back ....
10-11-2017, 07:08 AM - 1 Like   #10701

A LowePro Photo Trekker Classic
perfect condition
under 50 dollars
10-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #10702
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSteele Quote
A LowePro Photo Trekker Classic
perfect condition
under 50 dollars
My wife gave me a Photo Trekker in the early 1980's. I am still using it. Enjoy!

10-11-2017, 10:50 AM - 3 Likes   #10703
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Good thing you guys stopped chatting about that which shall not be discussed.

I was just about to step in and kick some butt.

Something I generally do not like to do.

Now back to cool stuff we just got.
10-11-2017, 10:58 AM   #10704
Pentaxian

Two rolls of 120 film:
  • Kodak Ektar 100
  • Kodak new Portra 400

In anticipation of the 120 camera I have in the mail...and to see if a roll might fit in my Argus TLR, after previous modifications.
10-11-2017, 11:25 AM - 3 Likes   #10705
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Someone heard that you could make money selling old manual glass (it's a Tele-Tokina 300/5.5 in m42 mount) to dudes using them on digital cameras. Film cameras on the other hand is worthless, so he threw in the old film camera that was stuck to the lens for free. In that way he didn't had to figure out how to remove it. Mighty clever of him!

Now that camera looked familiar...

The original m42-K-mount adapter that, unknown to the seller, kept the lens mounted to that camera itself would have been enough to motivate what I payed. The camera turned out to just need a little cleaning. Even the light seels and the mirror bumber was OK and didn't need replacement. First film goes through it tomorrow.
10-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #10706
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Which camera was that?
10-11-2017, 12:23 PM   #10707
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't you see? There is only one 35mm Pentax with strap lugs like that! One could argue that if I sell the adapter I'll go plus/minus zero and I will have that awfull Tokina preset tele for free...and one fully working Pentax LX!
10-11-2017, 12:36 PM   #10708
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Don't you see? There is only one 35mm Pentax with strap lugs like that! One could argue that if I sell the adapter I'll go plus/minus zero and I will have that awfull Tokina preset tele for free...and one fully working Pentax LX!
what a score. seller is obviously to lazy to do a quick google search (which would lead to the forum database and the average price of 406 for the body. (i've seen them sell for more regularly too) Well done Douglas
10-11-2017, 01:34 PM   #10709
Pentaxian

Don't discard the Tokina - it isn't worth a fortune, but it ought to sell for enough to justify the effort of packing it.

And thanks, because I've got a no-name 200mm here and I've been trying to work out who actually made it, having seen that picture I'm reasonably sure it's Tokina. Now all I have to do is work out what the (expletive deleted) mount fitting is, since it's a screw thread a little larger than a T-mount and obviously not designed to be used without a mount - which needless to say I don't have.

Meanwhile my latest acquisition is two more boxes of lens adapter tubes for putting filters and converters onto cameras with retractable lenses, taking the total to about 75 - i'd guess the boxes are about six cookies high, so say 450 total. Just hope I can sell them...
10-11-2017, 01:46 PM - 1 Like   #10710
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Regarding the Standard Measuring Unit, I note that Boy Scouts of America National Council has voted to accept girls fully into Cub Scouts and eventually Boy Scouts (or some as-yet-undefined parallel program for women age 12-18).

We might need to rethink this Thin Mints thing.