Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
12-09-2017, 01:01 PM   #11146
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
I've seen the instructions on the web

Servicing Yashica Range-finder Cameras
You can do the Pad without (PITA) removing the lens.

12-09-2017, 04:55 PM   #11147
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Well, I doubt you end up selling a great (works as new, impeccable glasses) Helios 44-2 for 21 euros, including traceable shipment to Thailand. Do you?
That was the price, BIN, free shipment.
For some Ebay genius it was a clear indication of a scam... but the equivalent of 15 euros is a normal price for Ukraine, and 6 euros is more or less the shipment charge. Of course for the global market it's very convenient, but the cost of any merchandise is relative to a certain balance between demand and offer, and depends on the place (and the economic conditions).
I remember when nobody wanted CZJ lenses and you could buy a brand new 2.8/20mm Flektogon, currently highly regarded, for a crazy low price.
Lots of water under the bridges, since then...

Cheers

Paolo
No, mine are generally used with typical signs of wear. Which is usually pretty good, there's not a lot that goes wrong with them provided they've been kept somewhere dry, and I say if it isn't. 21 euros is pretty cheap - if I'd seen that I think I would have bought one to see if they were as described, then tried to negotiate a quantity discount and buy a few more to sell on. 6 Euros is a bit cheaper than I can do for postage, I think the minimum to send something that weight to Thailand from Britain is £8, about 10 euros. Is he trading off ebay, by any chance? I could really do with a few more...
12-09-2017, 06:25 PM   #11148
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
My latest (combined birthday/Xmas gift to myself), so I can paddle and fish regardless of Pugetropolis weather conditions:

Men's GORE-TEX® Meridian Dry Suit | Kokatat Inc.
I'll need to work some more overtime before I could fit one of those into my budget. They look awesome. And comfortable. Lots of nice features for fit and function.

Especially the 'relief' zipper.

Lots of room.

And GoreTex™. Way better looking than Lycra™.
12-09-2017, 07:10 PM   #11149
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Konus 20-60x100 spotting scope. Special price at B&H. Seems okay for the price. Bit of a beast.

Powerex smart battery charger and 8 batteries.

12-09-2017, 07:31 PM - 3 Likes   #11150
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Miranda TM camera

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Miranda_TM

Chris
12-10-2017, 09:24 AM   #11151
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
I'll need to work some more overtime before I could fit one of those into my budget. They look awesome. And comfortable. Lots of nice features for fit and function.

Especially the 'relief' zipper.

Lots of room.

And GoreTex™. Way better looking than Lycra™.
Lycra won’t do much to keep you dry if the kayak should suddenly decide to fly inverted... or if you’re out fishing in the rain. Just seemed like a better choice!
12-10-2017, 02:12 PM   #11152
Pentaxian

Most of the places I do my buying are outdoor markets that take place in the grounds of schools, and shut down over the Christmas holidays. Today would have been my last big day for acquisitions until the New Year - unfortunately fate intervened...

The first time in years London has had snow before Christmas - probably not going to last, but I can be reasonably sure that most of the sellers will have stayed away, and I've already got a cold and don't want to try for flu, so I've stayed at home and spent the day listing some of the less sellable camera junk as job lots and getting some housework done.

Hoping something fun comes my way before Christmas, but realistically there's not going to be much before the middle of January. Oh well, I shall continue to watch this space and lust after some of the stuff others have found.

12-10-2017, 09:43 PM - 2 Likes   #11153
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I was lucky enough to have a hold on a nice copy.of the SMC Pentax-K 28mm F2 .. here's one of my 1st test shots...

Simply testing the SMC Pentax-K 28mm F2 on a Pentax K-3II (handheld) for the first time. I was wondering about its close focus capability with available subjets under low light... Pretty impressive indeed!

SMC Pentax-K 28mm F2
12-10-2017, 10:49 PM   #11154
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Most of the places I do my buying are outdoor markets that take place in the grounds of schools, and shut down over the Christmas holidays. Today would have been my last big day for acquisitions until the New Year - unfortunately fate intervened...

The first time in years London has had snow before Christmas - probably not going to last, but I can be reasonably sure that most of the sellers will have stayed away, and I've already got a cold and don't want to try for flu, so I've stayed at home and spent the day listing some of the less sellable camera junk as job lots and getting some housework done.

Hoping something fun comes my way before Christmas, but realistically there's not going to be much before the middle of January. Oh well, I shall continue to watch this space and lust after some of the stuff others have found.

We tried to go out today, near Oxford. Got 1/4 mile and turned back after losing traction. Our roads were white, yours was still black, there. Then went for a walk into town, about 1 mile. Took half as long again as normal.
12-11-2017, 01:58 PM   #11155
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
We tried to go out today, near Oxford. Got 1/4 mile and turned back after losing traction. Our roads were white, yours was still black, there. Then went for a walk into town, about 1 mile. Took half as long again as normal.
Today it was mostly melted and we had sleet instead, with warnings of ice overnight. I don't know if we're going to get more snow.
12-11-2017, 03:12 PM - 1 Like   #11156
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

She was jealous of mine so for her birthday last month I bought my wife a small snow shovel to keep in the trunk of her car.

Chris
12-11-2017, 03:46 PM - 2 Likes   #11157
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Immaculate 1750 Queen Anne cherry wood side chair with the original embroidered seat cover and documented provenance. $100 at Link Auctions. Nobody wants this stuff any more, so we’ll take it.

Last edited by monochrome; 12-12-2017 at 12:30 PM.
12-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #11158
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Today it was mostly melted and we had sleet instead, with warnings of ice overnight. I don't know if we're going to get more snow.

Went to work yesterday along a smaller A road. Quite unpleasant. In one town a phone line blocked the road so I took a back lane. Saw one car in the ditch. Had been there a while - a 'police aware' note in the window. Gone in the evening.

Bit worried about today, I should be starting at work at 8:50. Will take the bigger A roads so they should have enough grit.
12-12-2017, 05:09 AM - 3 Likes   #11159
Veteran Member

I have not reported it here yet, but a few months ago I bought a K-1 and a new camera transportation utility, a Tesla model S P85. During the winter I will take and show you photos of it under the northern lights.
12-12-2017, 06:44 AM   #11160
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
camera transportation utility