Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
01-01-2018, 09:20 AM   #11296
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Minolta SR-T 202 camera body

Chris

01-01-2018, 09:40 AM - 2 Likes   #11297
Veteran Member

Very nice (cosmetic) MX and A50/1.4, both of which are currently in the tender, loving hands of Eric Hendrickson.
01-01-2018, 03:42 PM   #11298
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I could not resist the Zeiss Jena 180mm f 2.8 in Pentacon mount at a bargain level price. It is not here yet, but I am already setting up some shots with the K-1 and 645D--also bought adapters for both cameras.

GERMAN ZEISS JENA 180MM SONNAR F/2.8 P6 PENTACON 6 Star wars version | eBay
I have two of these. I think it produces the highest number of keepers out of all my lenses... Great lens
01-01-2018, 04:15 PM   #11299
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
I have two of these. I think it produces the highest number of keepers out of all my lenses... Great lens
That is nice to hear. I will use it on both K-1 and 645D. I hope my experience is just as positive.

01-02-2018, 01:16 AM   #11300
Forum Member

I bought a FA 85 f2,8 Soft. It‘s special, I just play around Go learn how I can work with it.
01-02-2018, 09:17 AM   #11301
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zahnski Quote
I bought a FA 85 f2,8 Soft. It‘s special, I just play around Go learn how I can work with it.
I have the Pentax-F 85mm soft, owned it about one year. I have mainly used it for flowers and female faces, but also an occasional landscape. It is a great, fun lens, even though of limited applicability, and not useful so far as I am concerned below f 4.0. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I have enjoyed mine.

---------- Post added 01-02-18 at 11:19 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Are both of yours the so-called Star Wars edition like the one I have purchased? Apparently, according some of the reviews I have read, the Zebra version is considered better in terms of build quality though the same in terms of optics.
01-02-2018, 04:22 PM - 1 Like   #11302
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
Very nice (cosmetic) MX and A50/1.4, both of which are currently in the tender, loving hands of Eric Hendrickson.
His time estimate was a bit off, in a really good way. They arrived today and are already loaded with film.

01-02-2018, 06:55 PM   #11303
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not starting the new year right...

The first new camera item I received in 2018 has arrived and is defective.

Though I asked specifically prior to purchase and was assured of no problem,
M35/2.8 lens arrived with sluggish diaphragm, a problem this model often exhibits.

Chris

Last edited by ChrisPlatt; 01-03-2018 at 04:20 PM.
01-02-2018, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #11304
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jtkratzer Quote
His time estimate was a bit off, in a really good way. They arrived today and are already loaded with film.
Won a couple of job lots over the holiday weekend, waiting to see what I get. One was nineteen assorted lenses for £64 including postage, with the lenses including a Pentax-M 1.7 50, a couple of Domiplan 50s and some other prime lenses plus various zooms and a couple that look like antiques for old folding cameras. The other lot was ten Minolta AF bodies and four zooms including a 75-300mm for £25 inc P&P - I was hoping to collect that one since the seller's in London, but he doesn't want to organize it - at that price I'm not too upset. Of course both lots may turn out to contain rubbish, but it would have to be exceptionally bad for me to actually lose money on this many items at that price.

---------- Post added 01-02-18 at 07:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

M35/2.8 lens arrived with sluggish diaphragm, a problem this model often exhibits.

Seller did not offer partial refund which could help defray cost of repair.
Instead I will send it back for full refund.

Chris
I can never understand why people do that - you may lose a little by being honest about faults, but in the end it saves a huge amount of trouble.
01-02-2018, 10:28 PM - 4 Likes   #11305
Veteran Member

I’m one of those people who look with envy at great deals others manage to find, then pays retail because that is all I can find. So I got unexpectedly a little lucky. A while back I wanted some extension tubes to mess around with, but most of my lenses don’t have an aperture ring so all the cheap $10 tube sets were pretty much useless. So I had scoured ebay for a couple months for the Kenko tubes, with no luck. Then I had to spend all my spare cash on a motorcycle and some parts. A couple days ago I was on eBay for something unrelated, and thought to search for “pentax kenko” for the first time in four months and viola new in the box:

Kenko Auto Extension Tube Set for Pentax AF, Made in Japan, Minty, New in Box | eBay

I’m not sure the price ($60) was spectacular, but it definitely seems better than a bunch of other previously sold sets. So this is my one rare win. I’m still looking for a 100 2.8 macro next.
01-03-2018, 10:18 AM - 2 Likes   #11306
Pentaxian

I already received most of the Christmas gifts I've bought for myself.

The latest is a Sigma AF 1.4x teleconverter. Bought it at a reasonable price, thought I've struck a great deal, then realized that's NOT the Apo version.
I don't know if the difference is huge or not. Any first hand impression about this specific version?

I also acquired two early K lenses that were at the top of the "I want it!" list:
3.5/28mm and 2/35mm. The former has fungus but I hope to clean it without problems.

The last one is the only one i really need, a Bower (Samyang) 1.4/24mm. I hope it will not be decentered. Paid a nice price for it, if the lens works as it should i guess I'll use it a lot.

cheers

Paolo
01-03-2018, 10:22 AM   #11307
Pentaxian

Unexpectedly, a Nikon EM with 50mm 1.8 Series E lens and case - got it for £25 in a pawnbroker's shop I pass occasionally, should make a good deal more. Also an Exakta Varex / Topcon to Canon Eos adapter I ordered a couple of weeks ago, should be useful the next time I want to test a compatible lens.
01-03-2018, 10:47 AM - 2 Likes   #11308
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Seller did not offer partial refund which could help defray cost of repair.
Instead I will send it back for full refund.

Chris
There is a way to maybe fix this ... I have had the same problem.

Remove the black plastic baffle around the rear lens element (3 tiny JIS screws) and then apply a few drops of Zippo liquid lighter fluid to the the guide(s) and rails ... use very little because it goes a long way. After applying, vigorously work the aperture from f/22 to wide open many times.Then set for awhile (about 1 hour +) under the heat of a light bulb to dry. Also you can let dry overnight and then reassemble.

If you have a question, don't hesitate to Pm me. Cheers, J
01-03-2018, 02:13 PM - 5 Likes   #11309
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Pentax "Authorized Dealer" sign - guessing it might be from the 1970's? Certainly not from the camera shop I bought it from, as they've only been in business for something like 6-7 years (and their Pentax signage is a vinyl banner). The sign is about 10" x 10", thin aluminum sheet over acrylic.
Attached Images

01-03-2018, 02:45 PM - 1 Like   #11310
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just ordered a couple of these:

I've been looking for something like this to keep my film developing supplies organized between uses.
There are many similar ones available, but based on listed dimensions most wouldn't accommodate a roll film developing tank.
This particular one seems larger. Since it's pictured with a roll of toilet paper it should be okay.

Chris