Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
01-06-2018, 05:27 PM - 1 Like   #11356
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Those two were my first Pentax AF lenses - wish I still had them. The camera is an under appreciated classic, too.

.:
I've been using my F 35-70 for a couple years, and it's been wonderfully versatile. Works great with a Asahi Pentax Close Up Lens No. 1 attached, or the Raynox DCR-150. So I'm glad to have a second copy, and its partner in crime, the F 70-210.

If you know anyone who'd like the SF10, I'm giving it away.

As an aside, kudos to my local USPS Carrier. People on my street have done a lousy job clearing the snow away from their mailboxes, but my Carrier plowed through and delivered the mail, anyway, even though each home received a notice that mail may not be delivered if the mailboxes weren't cleared.

01-06-2018, 05:43 PM - 1 Like   #11357
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I've been using my F 35-70 for a couple years, and it's been wonderfully versatile. Works great with a Asahi Pentax Close Up Lens No. 1 attached, or the Raynox DCR-150. So I'm glad to have a second copy, and its partner in crime, the F 70-210.

The F-series are so much nicer than the FA-series that followed

The SF-10 is rather under-rated, too. Most of the functionality of the SF-1, but with a nicer body shape, and better autofocus ( not to mention Manual Focus switch)

Last edited by timw4mail; 01-06-2018 at 06:06 PM.
01-06-2018, 06:03 PM - 2 Likes   #11358
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
My generation of friends have begun the ‘downsizing’ phase from the 4BR house to the 2BR condo. I am one of the offloads for the cameras and lenses. Most recently I’ve had a NIB SF1n (literally never used) dropped off. The only F lens I have is a 50/1.7.
01-06-2018, 06:58 PM - 4 Likes   #11359
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Photo of CZJ Sonnar 180mm f 2.8 Starwars style.

Here is a photo of my newly arrived Carl Zeiss Jena Sonnar 180mm f 2.8, attached to the K-3 with a K&F Concept adapter. I do not yet have the Pentacon to Pentax 645 adapter, but it should be here in a few days. This is the much ballyhooed Sonnar that some claim is the best medium format lens ever produced, so I am eager to try it out on the 645D. (I do not have the 645Z yet.) It is good to be sure the adapter and lens are tightly attached to camera as it could be pretty traumatic to drop this thing on your foot--must weigh in at 4-5 pounds, all metal, you know.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 

Last edited by ivanvernon; 01-06-2018 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Trying to get photo to open for viewing. Seems OK now.
01-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #11360
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
The F-series are so much nicer than the FA-series that followed

The SF-10 is rather under-rated, too. Most of the functionality of the SF-1, but with a nicer body shape, and better autofocus ( not to mention Manual Focus switch)
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
My generation of friends have begun the ‘downsizing’ phase from the 4BR house to the 2BR condo. I am one of the offloads for the cameras and lenses. Most recently I’ve had a NIB SF1n (literally never used) dropped off. The only F lens I have is a 50/1.7.
I think whoever was using the F 35-70 before my benefactor acquired it thought the lens had Quick shift With MF engaged, the focus ring feels gritty and notchy. In AF, I can turn the focus ring easily and AF is inconsistent at 35mm inside of about 2 yards.. and the AF is noticeably louder than my other copy. Ah well.
01-06-2018, 10:51 PM - 1 Like   #11361
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
It's sad watching Sears and other retailers die slowly over the last few decades.
When I shop at going-out-of-business sales I always feel like one of the vultures.
The salespeople are usually more accepting; something akin to gallows humor.

Once some folks used an electric drill to reduce the odometer reading on their used cars before selling.
Now I can picture them doing the same - in reverse - just to get that high mileage discount!

Chris

Really sad how inept management that does not read the context and adjust takes down so many good people with it.
01-07-2018, 03:03 AM - 2 Likes   #11362
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Really sad how inept management that does not read the context and adjust takes down so many good people with it.
Tell me. I used to be employed in Local Government - the head of our unit was given the task of assessing whether the work would be cheaper done 'in-house' or outsourced. She produced spreadsheets 'proving' that outsourcing was cheaper, so the entire unit was made redundant - including her, much to her surprise. Poetic justice, I feel.

01-07-2018, 08:42 AM - 2 Likes   #11363
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Once some folks used an electric drill to reduce the odometer reading on their used cars before selling.
Now I can picture them doing the same - in reverse - just to get that high mileage discount!

Chris
Except that the drill trick doesn't work with the electric speedometers cars have today. Attach a drill to the cable now and the wire harness would get twisted up into a knot and break.
01-07-2018, 12:32 PM - 2 Likes   #11364
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Canon EF body with New FD 50/1.8 lens

Chris
01-07-2018, 01:53 PM   #11365
Pentaxian

Chris
And that's not confusing at all, that the EF body has the FD mount, not the EF mount...
01-07-2018, 02:36 PM   #11366
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Chris
Beautiful Camera.

.:
01-07-2018, 03:35 PM - 2 Likes   #11367
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

What will they think of next?

The older Canon FD lenses (with silver ring) had no lock on the lens mount.
One might easily turn the wrong ring and release the lens from the body.
I recall several close calls. IIRC I never let one drop to the floor though.

I traded in my Canon FD gear before the "New FD" lenses debuted in 1979.
I look forward to trying out this newfangled technological improvement!

Chris
01-07-2018, 05:23 PM   #11368
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I purchased a used EF (silver version) in order to use the excellent Canon 24mm TSS lens. Compared to the LX body I had at the time, the Canon felt like a brick. I bumped it once, and that was tne end of the meter, however the TSS did not meter properly through the lens so I had been using a hand-help meter most of the time.
01-08-2018, 09:09 AM   #11369
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I did not know the Canon EF was available in silver; I have never seen one.
I hope my meter is not as delicate as the one on yours was!

The EF introduced many features later found on the AE-1,
but appears to have been built to a higher standard than its extremely popular successor.

FWIW my first 35mm SLR was a Canon AE-1.

Chris
01-08-2018, 09:27 AM   #11370
Pentaxian

I acquired another example of a Kodak Retina IIIc rangefinder, this time a later model with the built in Selenium cell.

Good news is that the shutter seems to be in nearly perfect working order -- long and short exposures seem to work cleanly.

Bad news is that the selenium meter is dead, and the included lens has glass chips on the rear.

Considering my luck with (35mm) cameras that have leaf shutters, I still consider this a win.