Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
02-04-2018, 12:03 PM - 2 Likes   #11536
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Carl Zeiss Jena 180mm f 2.8

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Just got a second copy of this great lens. This one came with a Nikon adapter attached. The adapter was so tight I had to use one of those circular automotive oil filter ring wrenches to get it off (seen at left end of the lens). Now installed is a CJZ-to-K mount adapter because this is the lens copy I plan to use on K-1 and K-3. The other copy will be adapted for the 645D if I ever receive the adapter that I ordered over one month ago. There was no hood included, but I can play switch with the hood from the other CZJ180mm. A few test shots from this morning are provided, all at f 2.8, liking the bokeh.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-04-2018, 12:40 PM - 2 Likes   #11537
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Very bad weekend for car boot sales, got no photographic stuff at all, but I did pick up a first-generation Apple bluetooth keyboard - the really old one with white plastic keys in a clear plastic casing - which is still compatible with modern Apples and a lot of people (including me) prefer because the keys are a sensible size and don't feel like you're squashing slugs.

Not bad for a fiver!
02-04-2018, 06:06 PM   #11538
Veteran Member

My car passed the TÜV inspection (at the official dealership) with flying colors... they didn't find anything wrong with it at all. Sweet. (With all my previous cars there was always something, mind you the German inspections are rather throughout). On one hand... yeah, it's only 5 years old, on the other hand it's done 70000 km since the last inspection. I did notice a tiny bit of rust on the exhaust, which worries me. Also, the touchscreen is cracked in the upper right hand corner, which is odd. Not sure whether to have it replaced on warranty (and pay 150 Euro) or to just pray (and pay 1000+ if it gets too bad). Anyway, inspection was 100 Euro, plus another 40 to get the brake fluids replaced. Proper service is coming up too... oil change after 30000 km.

I also bought a beyerdynamic DT990 Pro headphone... the 250 Ohm version. I wanted something that challenges the high quality DAC and amp in my phone, plus I've always wanted the DT990. My old headphones are now nearing 20 years, and the cushioning doesn't stay on anymore (I need to hold it to my ear before setting the headphone on my head...), so I guess it was time. Since the beyerdynamic is rather modular, and built for studio abuse, I expect it to last another 20 years. And there was a decent offer on amazon.co.uk that I couldn't resist. The sound is good, with the typical beyerdynamic sound signature (a bit of a bathtub with raised bass and highs, though nowhere near as much bass as you'd get with a Bose or Beats. The highs are rather sparkly, something those others also won't offer. Perhaps a bit much, but it's a pleasant sound overall, and I can hear absolutely everything that is going on outside. The stage is wonderful too, very wide, very open. You can pinpoint everyone in the music.

Another bit of audio equipment found its way to my little flat: Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay S3. If you're in the market for a Bluetooth speaker that's a) relatively affordable, b) sounds really good and pleasant (it's not audiophile and flat, it's about being fun without overdoing it to the point of getting annoying), c) goes down to roughly 40 Hz (and not at such low volume that you won't hear it) d) is compact and e) doesn't have a battery, then this is the one. You can listen to it from any position, too, the sound pretty much stays the same. I'm really impressed with what Bang & Olufsen has done here. It can't replace my big system, but I do enjoy listening to it. Oh, and you can connect it to your computer via USB and listen to music that way. Or add a second speaker for stereo. It's going to be a present for my mum.

I've also preordered a GTX 1060 graphics card, as I don't have any in my computer, and need the help for Premiere, Lightroom etc. Also I want to start playing games again, and I've got movies that I simply can't play back without GPU acceleration. We'll see if (and when) it arrives, since the time I ordered it the price has gone up by 100 Euro... which is insane, because I'm already paying too much for it!).
02-05-2018, 07:06 AM   #11539

QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Just bought one from Amazon as well bigted, happy with the quality and the price!
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00W0WH8G0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Very Nice
Classic Styling

02-05-2018, 10:01 AM   #11540
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Fifty smackeroos for a nice solid workbench for hobbies and stuff Thanks, Craigslist!

Last edited by RoxnDox; 04-19-2018 at 09:51 PM.
02-05-2018, 01:55 PM - 3 Likes   #11541

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
Not really an acquisition but I paid off my car loan this afternoon!
02-05-2018, 02:47 PM   #11542
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Sport camera

A couple weeks ago I ordered a sport camera which arrived with a nice box of accessories and attachments to use in my cars, underwater and on my motorcycle. It was a special discounted price when I ordered it as an addition to a new set of headphones with microphone. I've wanted something to record some of my bike rides just for grins and now I can.

02-05-2018, 03:15 PM   #11543
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Fifty smackeroos for a nice solid workbench for hobbies and stuff Thanks, Craigslist!
For my garage, I build 'em with the sawn-off remains of 3"x3" fence posts where the lower end has rotted away, and fencing gravel boards (normally used below fence panels to stop the latter rotting) - crude but effective and very cheap!
02-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #11544
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
Not really an acquisition but I paid off my car loan this afternoon!
It is so pleasant to acquire freedom from payments.
02-05-2018, 03:30 PM   #11545
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
For my garage, I build 'em with the sawn-off remains of 3"x3" fence posts where the lower end has rotted away, and fencing gravel boards (normally used below fence panels to stop the latter rotting) - crude but effective and very cheap!
Yep, very much like I would do. I used mostly scrap lumber to build the rolling rack for the kayaks (behind the bench). Ran out of the good stuff though, so when this popped up it was well worth it. Just buying the lumber would've been close to twice the cost. I'll probably need to slice an inch or two off the legs where the wood is decaying, and reinforce a couple of splits. That and construct a frame to create raise/lower wheels to move it around. And maybe some power strips. And some lighting. And shelving underneath. And...
02-05-2018, 03:43 PM   #11546
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RoxnDox Quote
Yep, very much like I would do. I used mostly scrap lumber to build the rolling rack for the kayaks (behind the bench). Ran out of the good stuff though, so when this popped up it was well worth it. Just buying the lumber would've been close to twice the cost. I'll probably need to slice an inch or two off the legs where the wood is decaying, and reinforce a couple of splits. That and construct a frame to create raise/lower wheels to move it around. And maybe some power strips. And some lighting. And shelving underneath. And...
I use whatever is available for the shelves, and the power outlets and lighting circuits go on the walls and so did 60-70% of the garage last year and aim to do the rest this year - OTOH, that means moving/replacing a lot of old racking and household cabinets, and that will "cost" .
02-05-2018, 06:33 PM   #11547
Veteran Member

My UPS and USPS packages both showed today. From Adorama a PrimaPhoto travel tripod/monopod and a book. The Tamron 1.4 was an E-bay purchase. the tripod is very nicely made and smooth and a lot nicer than the Neewer Carbon fiber tripod that I returned after a leg segment came sliding out the third time I used it. It was somewhat warped feeling initially also. The aluminum PrimaPhoto tripod is heavier but all the leg sections and twist locks feel tight and smooth.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-50  Photo 
02-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #11548
Pentaxian

Pentax F 35-105
02-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #11549
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MJSteele Quote
Very Nice
Classic Styling
Wrote a quick reviewon this forum.Evercase Evercase Professional Large DSLR Camera and 15.6-inch Laptop Backpack w/Rai reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
02-06-2018, 01:56 AM - 1 Like   #11550
Pentaxian

Russian grease for lens helicoids. It's called CIATIM-201. 25ml for $9.99 shipment included.

And this Rolleiflex copy:
Reflekta II (with Trioplan 75mm view/taking lens).
Broken. Bought to rip off the lenses.
I have a similar one, but it's in too good conditions to be butchered

This Reflekta has the advantage of having the two Trioplans easily accessible removing just four screws of the front plate.
To extract the objectives from the other twin-lens reflex I have, I should dismantle the camera almost completely.
The viewfinder lens is what i was looking for. It has no iris but should be easy to adapt using an M42 helicoid.
The Trioplan that is set in the leaf shutter is VERY difficult to use with a reflex camera. I tried using a compatible Schneider barrel, but I couldn't get infinity. With the shutter it's even worse... Best used with a mirrorless.
I have a few Trioplan lenses in different focals, scavenged from different cameras. All come in leaf shutters, and can be used on a Pentax DSLR only at close range.
The only one that could be easier to use is the 45mm that comes with a Pentona. It has front element focusing, and if I'm not mistaken the shutter assembly is smaller than the others. i doubt it's front mounted (that would be great), but I hope to find a way to recess the lens in the mount/helicoid to allow for infinity focusing.
I still have to disassemble the camera and remove the optic, though. I could be wrong...

LAST MINUTE EDIT:
After I lost countless auctions, I finally acquired one of the few (relatively) affordable lenses I really miss. In the past it always fetched more than my self-imposed price limit.
Now, fingers crossed, it seems I've done it! I should get very soon a nice Super Takumar with 8 elements.
It has dust, a hint of fungus (reported by the vendor), but it looks in fine conditions, and I paid a very reasonable price, considering the crazy BIN offers I've found on Ebay.

cheers

Paolo

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 02-06-2018 at 01:56 PM.