Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
02-08-2018, 12:27 PM - 5 Likes   #11566
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A gas bubble

Went for routine check of my glaucoma treatment in topeka and they discovered the retina of my left eye is detached

I had no recognizable symptoms

Awaiting surgery later today in Kansas City to attempt to reattach it, gas bubble will be inserted to force everything into its proper place

Will have to cancel trip to Baja California to view whales

But not attempting repair will lead to blindness, so missing whales now is worth it

Best wishes for successfull treatment and speedy recovery will be appreciated

folks, don't skip regular medical/dental check ups

02-08-2018, 12:34 PM   #11567

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote

Best wishes for successfull treatment and speedy recovery will be appreciated.
Absolutely, thinking good thoughts for the surgery and your recovery. I'm pretty confident in saying the whales will be there another time - although I felt genuinely sad that you have to postpone the trip.
02-08-2018, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #11568
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Went for routine check of my glaucoma treatment in topeka and they discovered the retina of my left eye is detached

Awaiting surgery later today in Kansas City to attempt to reattach it, gas bubble will be inserted to force everything into its proper place

But not attempting repair will lead to blindness, so missing whales now is worth it

If you'll pardon, hope you'll be seeing us real soon
02-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #11569
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good luck! I have a weird thing in one eye (fortunately not the dominant one), where the retina is distorted out of shape because of cell growth around it and I see everything straight as wavy - that's bad enough, I really wouldn't like to experience glaucoma or a detached retina.

Just got a Nikon-fit Samyang 8mm f3.5 on eBay - got lucky with an auction, got it for just over £100 including postage. Keeping my fingers crossed that it'll arrive safe and be OK.

Not sure yet if I'll keep it or sell it on, I'll have a good play with it first and see what the results are like. I think London is probably a good place for a lens like that, lots of fun architecture etc., so unless it's a real dog I'll probably keep it.

02-08-2018, 03:58 PM   #11570
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Best wishes and prayers sent your way from Canada. Agree with "don't skip" advice wholeheartedly.

Latest acquisition C$1,454 auto insurance and license for another year.
02-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #11571
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A couple of inexpensive Tamron Adaptall 2 mounts

Roberts aka usedphotopro has a bunch of Tamron Adaptall mounts on eBay now.
They have no Pentax-KA but I did see KM and ES types, and a variety of other popular mounts.

Chris
02-08-2018, 04:20 PM   #11572
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
license for another year.

Speaking of driver's license renewal. When mine came it indicted I could get a special type that had federally approved identification, supposed to expedite such things as check through at airport security. Cannot be obtained on line the way as an ordinary license can be. Must go the the office in person with multiple forms of id: old driver's license; Social Security card; birth certificate (original, not copies or photostats); and two documents with your current address (bank statements, credit card statements, local tax bill, etc). SO I gathered them all, went to an official office. SORRY:: these special licenses will not be issued until after March 26, and because my expiration is somewhat earlier, I had to get an "ordinary" license. But, after the 26th. I can apply for the special license, and pay the fee a second time.

02-08-2018, 05:03 PM   #11573
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

New York State DMV has for a decade offered an "enhanced driver's license" which is
accepted in lieu of a passport for travel to Canada, Mexico and some Caribbean countries.

Chris
02-08-2018, 06:20 PM   #11574
Veteran Member

Got tired of waiting for B&H to drop the price on the D FA15-30 so i snagged a used copy on the market!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone 7  Photo 
02-08-2018, 06:56 PM - 4 Likes   #11575
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Got a cat tunnel for my cat...

Pentax K10D SMCP-K 50mm f/1.2 @ f/8 ISO 800 1/180th - Godox AD360 bounced off ceiling @ 1/8th power

He has trouble getting traction when running on the linoleum flooring in his indoor play area, but he has no trouble getting traction while in the tunnel: which I shall refer to as the cat launcher.

Last edited by Digitalis; 02-08-2018 at 07:31 PM.
02-08-2018, 07:31 PM - 1 Like   #11576

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Got a cat tunnel for my cat...

Pentax K10D SMCP-K 50mm f/1.2 @ f/8 ISO 800 1/180th - Godox AD360 bounced off ceiling @ 1/8th power

He has trouble getting traction on the linoleum flooring in his indoor play area, but he has no trouble getting traction while in the tunnel, which I should refer to as the cat launcher.

My two new terrorists, I mean monkeys, no wait a minute, kittens love their tunnel too. Oliver uses the pompoms to drag the tunnel wherever he decides it should be. Dodger loves pounces on his brother when he's inside the tunnel.
02-08-2018, 10:58 PM   #11577
Pentaxian

All the best for your surgery.
02-09-2018, 12:49 AM   #11578
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry that you're having to cancel the trip, Allen, but glad you're getting the treatment you need. Can't be too careful with things like that, and there'll be other opportunities to see the whales.

Best of luck with the surgery, and let us know how you get on...
02-09-2018, 08:41 AM   #11579
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

In 2007 a routine Optometrist visit revealed an advanced case of glaucoma with destructively high pressures. 48 hours later I had had my first installation of after-market parts in my body (an intraocular implant to drain the excess fluid) and have had 4 more eye surgeries since. Good that you keep up with your visits and luck with your current repair!
02-09-2018, 08:46 AM - 3 Likes   #11580
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Recently acquired from @PKMike this very clean F35-70 mounted to my transparent SF1 Store Display. It will certainly see use on K-1 and opaque film cameras also.