What's digital again?

• 4 Rolls of 220 B&W film
  • Rollei Rolleiflex SL35 w/ Carl Zeiss Planar 50/1.8

02-13-2018, 02:07 PM - 4 Likes   #11642
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
D fa*70~200/2.8

No K-1 Super for me, I guess. Time to sell some surplus lenses - and maybe all the DA / KP gear.

Acquired this Bad Boy in the Marketplace in apparent near-unused condition from wonderful member @mackattack

It will seriously test my skill with SMU’s

02-13-2018, 02:11 PM - 2 Likes   #11643
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Acquired this Bad Boy in the Marketplace in apparent near-unused condition
I'm sure I watched the test launch of that a few days ago

Nice Looks just like new!
02-13-2018, 07:13 PM   #11644
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
Recently Lidl supermarkets in the UK have been selling useful power tools for the garage/workshop...

I use my power tools very sporadically, but since I recently moved into a new co-op I have been using my drill a lot.
My cheap Ryobi is okay - reversible, variable speed etc. - but the keyless chuck has been driving me nuts.
It is impossible to tighten sufficiently. When drilling into metal even sharp bits invariably stop turning right at the point of breakthrough.

So I went to eBay and bought a NIB 1990's made in USA Black & Decker with standard chuck with key.
Cost including shipping was less than the price of a replacement keyed chuck alone.
Now my only problem will be misplacing the darn key!

BTW if anyone wants the old Ryobi for the cost of shipping feel free to PM.

Chris

02-13-2018, 07:49 PM   #11645
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I use my power tools very sporadically, but since I recently moved into a new co-op I have been using my drill a lot.
My cheap Ryobi is okay - reversible, variable speed etc. - but the keyless chuck has been driving me nuts.
It is impossible to tighten sufficiently. When drilling into metal even sharp bits invariably stop turning right at the point of breakthrough.

So I went to eBay and bought a NIB 1990's made in USA Black & Decker with standard chuck with key.
Cost including shipping was less than the price of a replacement keyed chuck alone.

Chris
Drill keys have been standard for many decades. Must be tens of millions of them out there. If you cannot find one on EBAY, try your local hardware store. I'll bet they have new ones for no more than $5.

Last edited by WPRESTO; 02-14-2018 at 08:10 AM.
02-13-2018, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #11646
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote

Chris

My grandfather, who was a plumber had a solution for losing the chuck key. Attach it to a chain on the power cord. Worked well for his drills in the back of the plumber's ute.
02-14-2018, 01:02 AM   #11647
Pentaxian

Ref keyless chucks, I've found that those on recent Bosch power tools are extremely good, and especially those on their recent cordless ones - those on my 3-yr old 18V Pro-spec drill and impact screwdriver just require a good hard twist to lock, although, occasionally, a quick second short twist is required. OTOH, the chucks on my neighbour's older Makita cordless tools aren't anywhere near as good.

02-14-2018, 08:02 AM   #11648
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
My grandfather, who was a plumber had a solution for losing the chuck key. Attach it to a chain on the power cord. Worked well for his drills in the back of the plumber's ute.
My vintage Craftsman 3/8” and 1/2” corded power drills came with a short nylon keeper to bind the key to the cord. Of course vintage means 25 years old. I have no idea what they do now. My Makita cordless drill has a hand clutch chuck.
02-14-2018, 09:55 AM   #11649
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!! After 11 months, one tooth extraction, three other oral surgeries including two bone grafts and a fitting for and installation of a crown my dental implant is installed. Man I am glad that is over. At least tooth #3 should never bother me again.
I sympathize.... I'm waiting for the second bone graft to set around the implant before I get the crown...
02-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #11650
Forum Member

Of you need more implants I can help you - I‘m a dentist :-)
02-15-2018, 02:48 PM   #11651
Pentaxian

Medium Format Film

• 5 Rolls of Kodak Ektar
  • 5 Rolls of Fuji Neopan Acros 100
02-15-2018, 05:11 PM - 1 Like   #11652
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

will be buying a new package of SMU's this weekend...
02-15-2018, 05:20 PM   #11653

Location: Jessica Lake, Whiteshell Provincial Park, or Winnipeg Manitoba, Canada
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
will be buying a new package of SMU's this weekend...
I'm a bit concerned are the SMU's available in Canada? Or do we have an equivalent measure? I'm just wanting to plan ahead as to how many packages I'll need for my DA*300mm that will be here in the next week or so.
02-15-2018, 06:16 PM - 1 Like   #11654
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bigted Quote
I'm a bit concerned are the SMU's available in Canada? Or do we have an equivalent measure? I'm just wanting to plan ahead as to how many packages I'll need for my DA*300mm that will be here in the next week or so.
Stock up when the Girl Scouts come around. Theirs are barely edible, so just freeze a bunch for the appropriate occasion.
02-15-2018, 06:24 PM - 2 Likes   #11655
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Stock up when the Girl Scouts come around. Theirs are barely edible, so just freeze a bunch for the appropriate occasion.
Don’t sweat the SMUs*. Any AMU** will do

* Standard Measuring Unit.
** Alternate Measuring Unit. I’m partial to Oreo’s or Fig Newtons