03-07-2018, 01:20 PM   #11851
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
what

you are using the bonus points on yourself instead of her

you better keep that very very quiet
Hey, she gets dinner at the Causeway Hotel instead of Subway or A&W. She ain't got no complaints coming .... and she doesn't subscribe to Pentax Forums, either.

03-07-2018, 01:31 PM   #11852
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'll be ordering the 560mm very shortly, is there an advantage on ordering from the Ricoh/Pentax site vs B&H or Adorama?
03-07-2018, 02:13 PM   #11853
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tmoses Quote
I'll be ordering the 560mm very shortly, is there an advantage on ordering from the Ricoh/Pentax site vs B&H or Adorama?
Not sure about Adorama, but B&H has a points system if you open a quick-order in your name (register with ID = your EMAIL, password, etc. to establish "my cart") rather than ordering as a "guest." Points are based on how much you spend; eventually you get a reward that gives you a discount on a future purchase. I get notified by EMAIL (= what you use for your username) when I have built up a reward. With a big ticket item such as the 560mm as a starting point, it's worth considering.
03-07-2018, 02:22 PM   #11854
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Hey, she gets dinner at the Causeway Hotel instead of Subway or A&W. She ain't got no complaints coming .... and she doesn't subscribe to Pentax Forums, either.
sounds like a way for me to fund more camera equipment

if you think that sounds like black mail

well ---

03-07-2018, 02:24 PM   #11855
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
Wow, that's a lucky find. At the very least, you should run a roll of film through it
Thrift store said there is film in it - so I took a few shots round town (without a meter, I think I've got appropriate batteries at home...).

Never shot film before, so should be fun... got a box of chemicals and trays and stuff from a neighbor who heard I like photography...
03-07-2018, 05:06 PM   #11856
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Thrift store said there is film in it - so I took a few shots round town (without a meter, I think I've got appropriate batteries at home...).

Never shot film before, so should be fun... got a box of chemicals and trays and stuff from a neighbor who heard I like photography...
In that case, if nothing turns out, you can blame the age of the film
03-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #11857
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Thrift store said there is film in it
Easy to tell if there is, you'll feel some resistance when you crank it for another shot.
edit, you'll need one A76, S76, LR44, or SR44 battery.

Last edited by robtcorl; 03-07-2018 at 05:48 PM.
03-07-2018, 06:30 PM   #11858
Pentaxian

Got the first of the job lots I mentioned last week. Highlights were a good Sekonic L7 selenium meter with the rare booster cell, a very nice Plex extinction meter from the 1950s, a 77mm NDx4 filter, a couple of polarizers, and the item I actually bought the lot for - a Helios 44-M, has a dent in the filter ring that's just bad enough to prevent fitting a filter, but is otherwise in very good condition. Also various other odds and ends, nothing especially important but mostly sellable. I should make a reasonable profit.
03-07-2018, 06:32 PM   #11859
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robtcorl Quote
Easy to tell if there is, you'll feel some resistance when you crank it for another shot.
resistance means

either film inside

or grit has gotten inside
03-07-2018, 06:44 PM   #11860
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tmoses Quote
Both are fine, just use the link here for Adorama or BandH before you register and order the lens. Then 24 hours after it ships, PM Adam and let him know your order number. Then he gets the referral cash and you get additional months on your supporting membership.
Win Win
03-07-2018, 09:01 PM   #11861
Veteran Member

In that case it probably has some in it.

Got some LR44s somewhere - should put one in and see how it's metering on my random (educated) guess for exposure
03-08-2018, 08:08 AM   #11862

Lens Align Mark II Generation 4 - let the fun begin! Any tips from those who have used one are most welcome.

Also picked up a Vello TTL Flash Cord for Pentax - works flawlessly with my K3ii and 540FGZ flash, although the 3 foot cord is maybe a bit short. When I can afford it I will get a couple of Cactus triggers.
And got a couple of Sensei Rear Lens Cap for Pentax Screw Mount lenses. They work perfectly on my two Super Takumars - only $4 at B&H.
And lastly a Sto-Fen OM-MZ40 Omni-Bounce Diffuser - also fits nice and tight on the 540 flash.
03-08-2018, 09:10 AM - 2 Likes   #11863
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MikeStnly Quote
Lens Align Mark II Generation 4 - let the fun begin! Any tips from those who have used one are most welcome.
make sure to have really enought light so that the AF system works in good lighting conditions.
03-08-2018, 01:08 PM   #11864
Pentaxian

Got the other lot I was expecting - The OM10 works well and the little add-on for manual speed control was in the bag which I hadn't expected. The flash also works once I cleaned the contacts. The 50mm lens unfortunately has some very tiny traces of fungus - right at the edges and not bad enough to give problems on film, but I'll have to mention it when I sell it, which will bring the price down.

The other two lenses are fine, though not exactly valuable - they'll sell for a few pounds each, which is enough to ensure I'll come out ahead. The other two cameras in the lot are just basic 35mm auto compacts, not the sort of thing I try to sell, I'll give them to a charity shop next week.

The odd one was something I didn't even notice when I read the listing, because it was propping up the Olympus and I thought it was an empty box - a bulk film loader. The oddity is that there appears to be some black and white film in it. Don't think that there's much, but it'd be a shame to waste the film if I'm wrong. I don't have a darkroom any more and while I've used a coat as a changing bag in the past, it's really not something I want to try with an unfamiliar design of loader. So I just listed it on eBay as untested, and said I'll take it back if it turns out to be useless, and I'm including whatever film is left in it in the price,
03-08-2018, 01:32 PM - 1 Like   #11865
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Well, mixed feelings today... My Zenitar-ME1 lens arrived from my favourite seller in Ukraine, and it's absolutely "as new". However, it has a sticky diaphragm

I can see a little oil on the two blades where they cross over, and I'm sure that's the cause. Now I have to decide whether to return it for a full refund (which I'm confident I'd get), or negotiate a discount and service it. I've worked on the six blade Zenitar-M 1.7/50 which is supposed to be almost identical, but of course the diaphragm mechanism has differences, including an electro-mechanical assembly coupled to contacts on the mount.

If this were a $50 lens, I'd be straight into it But given what I paid for it, and the condition it's in, I can't deny I'm nervous about attempting the job myself. I have a few days to decide, as the seller is away for a couple of weeks - and right now, I'm thinking I'd like to keep it and service it.

It's very unusual for this seller to send me a lens in non-working condition. I suspect it may have been freshly serviced by his lens technician and working OK when he shipped it, but lubricant has migrated to the blades while it was in transit.

I'll muse on it further