Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-19-2018, 05:05 AM - 3 Likes   #12301
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Here's my latest acquisition. A quirky lens, very fun to use and easy to get creative with. look for an upcoming review!

04-19-2018, 05:18 AM   #12302
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Here's my latest acquisition. A quirky lens, very fun to use and easy to get creative with. look for an upcoming review!
Interesting... I didn't even know of this particular model. The example photos on the website look great!
04-19-2018, 07:10 AM   #12303
Pentaxian

Uh oh Lensbaby better not get to nice. Clean themselves up too much and they lose their character.
04-19-2018, 12:50 PM - 6 Likes   #12304
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This appeared on my conference table at lunch time. There’s an A35/3.5 on the way and TMAX 100, Delta 100 and HP5+ 400 in the bag. The small piece on the left is a K-mount adapter and eyepiece.

Ahem. LBA much?

This is what I did instead of a K-1ll

04-19-2018, 01:13 PM   #12305
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
This appeared on my conference table at lunch time. There’s an A35/3.5 on the way and TMAX 100, Delta 100 and HP5+ 400 in the bag. The small piece on the left is a K-mount adapter and eyepiece.

Ahem. LBA much?

This is what I did instead of a K-1ll
Hmm...and the only 645 I have is a Mamiya... and only one lens...

Stop encouraging me
04-19-2018, 01:18 PM   #12306
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Interesting... I didn't even know of this particular model. The example photos on the website look great!
Yes so far it looks like a very competent lens in itself, with the swirly bokeh to create images with character, and the slider to get even more creative. I really like it, it's well made, focuses smoothly, nothing to complain about.

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Uh oh Lensbaby better not get to nice. Clean themselves up too much and they lose their character.
Look at the sample images, it's certainly a lens with a lot of character!
04-19-2018, 01:19 PM - 1 Like   #12307
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
Hmm...and the only 645 I have is a Mamiya... and only one lens...

Stop encouraging me
Mamiya is above my pay grade. More toys for less money. This came as a package deal for a ridiculously small price. The A 645 35/3.5 is still an expensive lens. All in, I’m still less than a K-1ll even if I upgrade, but if I sell the hot AF lenses why upgrade?

So I’m selling the new f/2.8 zooms and debating the K-1 Upgrade. I’m going all-in* FF manual focus and KP DA Limiteds. Then I can play with a lot of film cameras and not feel so guilty.

* not counting legacy FA* tele and FA Limited

Last edited by monochrome; 04-19-2018 at 04:17 PM.
04-19-2018, 01:33 PM   #12308
Pentaxian

Mamiya is above my pay grade. More toys for less money. This came as a package deal for a ridiculously small price. The A 645 35/3.5 is still an expensive lens. All in, I’m still less than a K-1ll and even if I upgrade, but if I sell the hot lenses why upgrade?

So I’m selling the new f/2.8 zooms and debating the K-1 Upgrade. I’m going all-in FF manual focus and KP DA Limiteds. Then I can play with a lot of film cameras and not feel so guilty.
Considering I spend $350 retail for the Mamiya 645, I don't think I really overspent.

Also for some reason the 67/6x7 models just appeal to me more than any of the Pentax 645 models.

Medium format is just pricier...
04-19-2018, 04:22 PM - 2 Likes   #12309
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
Considering I spend $350 retail for the Mamiya 645, I don't think I really overspent.

Also for some reason the 67/6x7 models just appeal to me more than any of the Pentax 645 models.

Medium format is just pricier...
In my heart of hearts I want a like new 67ll but I just don’t see that ever happening. I had so much fun with my first roll in the Yashica-Mat that when this came up I had to try it. If it doesn’t work out I don’t think I’d lose more than rent if I sold it and the lenses will work on the K-1. *

* Shhh. She actually bought that argument.

.:
04-19-2018, 06:18 PM   #12310
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

* Shhh. She actually bought that argument.

.:
What are you going to have to buy her now ?????
04-19-2018, 06:25 PM - 1 Like   #12311
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
What are you going to have to buy her now ?????
Well, the issue is not that I bought a camera, its that I already have so many cameras, so I’ll need to sell some.

I just bought her a seat on a group tour of the Holy Land this coming December. But this has no relation to that. Never does.
04-19-2018, 08:13 PM   #12312
Veteran Member

Well, the issue is not that I bought a camera, its that I already have so many cameras, so I’ll need to sell some.

I just bought her a seat on a group tour of the Holy Land this coming December. But this has no relation to that. Never does.
Cool! Are you going along or are you going to take a photographic road trip while she is away?
04-19-2018, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #12313
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
Cool! Are you going along or are you going to take a photographic road trip while she is away?
I;m staying here. 11 hours on a plane is prohibitive for me. Haven.t decided what I’m going to do, but it will include cameras whatever it is.
04-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #12314
Veteran Member

I;m staying here. 11 hours on a plane is prohibitive for me. Haven.t decided what I’m going to do, but it will include cameras whatever it is.
The train is much more relaxing and you can catch it nearby! And they go to warm places in December. SWMBO always travels in November and through all of February to, as she puts it, "take the Me out of _ain_."
04-19-2018, 08:40 PM - 1 Like   #12315
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
The train is much more relaxing and you can catch it nearby! And they go to warm places in December. SWMBO always travels in November and through all of February to, as she puts it, "take the Me out of _ain_."
It runs 5 minutes from my house - still stops at the original 1893 Missouri Pacific stone railroad station. I’ve ridden many times - Chicago, Washington, D.C. - even Raton, NM without changing trains.

We’re spending a week at The Broadmoor in August. Taking one of the big cameras for that trip.

I’ll do something.