Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2018, 01:58 AM - 4 Likes   #12871
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I got my steinheil munchen cassar s 50mm and my Mir 1b. Both are in pretty good condition. The aperture ring on the mir is a bit stiff but it is clear as a bell. As for the steinheil, its .... A bit peculiar! The aperture ring is on the very front and is either de clicked or clickless. It is really easy to inadvertantly catch it when focusing! Minimum focus length is a metre and you would think it would just be something just to add to the collection, but I love it, probably because of its quirks

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo   
06-23-2018, 04:37 AM - 2 Likes   #12872
Pentaxian

I have drunk the mirrorless Kool Aid and it had a peculiar effect on me. It turns out that it is very likable.

I saw this Samsung 50-150mm f/2.8 lens on the interwebs and contacted the seller. It turned out that he had the matching 16-50mm f/2.0-2.8 as well and a deal was made. My 85mm K mount lens fund is now back to zero, but this was too good an opportunity to let it pass me by.
06-23-2018, 07:02 AM - 3 Likes   #12873
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
. My 85mm K mount lens fund is now back to zero, .
You're like Sisyphus with his rock, you get it close to where you want it, then have to start all over.
06-23-2018, 01:58 PM - 2 Likes   #12874
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
re steel capped boots - I got into the habit of wearing them when I was a lab technician, though it was more for the chemical resistant soles than the toe caps. Since I never actually dropped a gas cylinder on my foot, the most likely accident from what I was doing, I never got to evaluate the toe caps there.

Except that I wore them travelling to and from work by motorbike. And one day I was stuck in heavy traffic, and put my feet down because the bike wasn't going to be going anywhere. At which point the car to my left decided to reverse out and managed to drive over my foot before I realised what was happening. And I'm pretty sure I can thank the boots on that foot for the fact that I was annoyed rather spending a few months with my foot in a plaster cast...

Today's acquisition wasn't exactly a new item - I was looking through my junk box for something and suddenly realised that what I'd thought was an incomplete set of extension tubes was in fact an M42 to Konica AR adapter, which turns it from being a waste of space to something I can sell. Not a lot of money involved, but satisfying.
My wife had our old van run over her in reverse both legs over the ankles and calves. No breaks. I have had a small sedan roll over my foot without steel toes and had zero damage. The key is strongly supported well distributed weight.

---------- Post added 06-23-18 at 05:01 PM ----------

As for newly acquired stuff... I got a mint Panasonic 45-175 m43 lens. A delightful little telephoto.

06-24-2018, 08:52 AM   #12875
Pentaxian

Yesterday was a dead loss, photographic equipment wise - I looked at some lenses and an Olympus OM10 which were in ridiculously poor condition and possibly unsellable, offered what I thought they were worth, and was asked for four times as much. It wasn't worth haggling after that. But I did get a late model Apple USB keyboard, boxed and as far as I can tell unused, for £12 so it wasn't a dead loss.

Today I got out late, found that the buses were completely screwed up, so skipped the first sale and went straight to the second. Then discovered that I only had £21 on me and that the only nearby ATM was showing a blue screen of death.

Went in anyway, and managed to get

A nice basic binocular microscope - probably for my eldest grand-nephew's next birthday - for £6
Two interesting-looking projector lenses for £4
And a nice Novoflex Nikon to Eos adapter, a Nikon NC 77mm filter, two 52mm polarisers, a Nikon 52mm blue filter, and three CF card readers for a tenner!
total spend £20 plus 50p admission!

Definitely keeping some of this stuff for myself!
06-24-2018, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #12876
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

SMC Pentax (K) 35/3.5 lens

I purchased this lens from a fellow member at Pentax Forums Marketplace.
I now own two copies of this model lens.

Chris
06-24-2018, 12:30 PM - 3 Likes   #12877
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I was pulling lenses to sell and came across an unopened package sent from someone in Canada. Upon opening the box I discovered I have a (second) LX Motor Drive, working NiCad battery pack and charger. That pretty much explains why I’m selling lenses. It’s one thing to have something on a shelf that isn’t being used. It’s an entirely different pathology to buy something and put it on the shelf without even opening the mailing carton.

It was a nice surprise anyway.

06-24-2018, 01:10 PM   #12878
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
SMC Pentax (K) 35/3.5 lens

I purchased this lens from a fellow member at Pentax Forums Marketplace.
I now own two copies of this model lens.

Chris
Do you plan on testing both and deciding which one to keep?
06-24-2018, 03:28 PM - 1 Like   #12879
Veteran Member

You know you have it bad when...

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I was pulling lenses to sell and came across an unopened package sent from someone in Canada. Upon opening the box I discovered I have a (second) LX Motor Drive, working NiCad battery pack and charger. That pretty much explains why I’m selling lenses. It’s one thing to have something on a shelf that isn’t being used. It’s an entirely different pathology to buy something and put it on the shelf without even opening the mailing carton.

It was a nice surprise anyway.
06-24-2018, 04:35 PM - 2 Likes   #12880
Pentaxian

I acquired her Friday evening. She was delicious.

Jim

Last edited by RoxnDox; 06-05-2019 at 07:42 PM.
06-24-2018, 05:10 PM - 4 Likes   #12881
Pentaxian

As part of a recent make over, a new lens case and computer desk.

06-24-2018, 06:30 PM   #12882
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

What's that hiding on the bottom shelf Norm?
06-25-2018, 01:16 AM   #12883
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
As part of a recent make over, a new lens case and computer desk.

I'm not too keen on doing something myself, even if I'd like a lot to, because I always think you would look like a "hey, pick and choose" to an eventual burglar
Very, very nice though.
06-25-2018, 04:54 AM   #12884
Pentaxian

I think this one is a textbook case of how not to write an eBay listing.

The title was "Numerous lenses mainly for PENTAX also 2 pentax cameras will throw in", illustrated by several picture of some no name crappy zoom. But if you scrolled past the first few photos the other items turned out to be an MZ-30 and a 1stD, both with real Pentax lenses.

And to make quite sure that the final price would be low, it ended at 6.17 AM

And I'm very pleased to say I won it for £27 inc P&P.

Fingers VERY firmly crossed that I will end up with some working equipment - I could really use a Pentax digital body to test the lenses I sell.
And to add to this display of stupidity, he's now cancelled the sale, the reason given as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged. Which I imagine means "I didn't get the ludicrously high amount I was expecting". There doesn't seem to be any easy way to make a complaint about this, since I got a refund, but I suspect that he's pulled this before. I hope that eBay take notice sooner or later.
06-25-2018, 04:58 AM   #12885
Veteran Member

And to add to this display of stupidity, he's now cancelled the sale, the reason given as I'm out of stock or the item is damaged. Which I imagine means "I didn't get the ludicrously high amount I was expecting". There doesn't seem to be any easy way to make a complaint about this, since I got a refund, but I suspect that he's pulled this before. I hope that eBay take notice sooner or later.
A real genius...
Thankfully he wrote "will throw in" and not "up"...
Follow his sales, bid on the lot again next time, and when he cancels (if he has not upped his game by then) file a complaint to eBay.