Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-11-2018, 07:06 AM   #13096
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Aslyfox Quote
during the annual trip over the 4th of July back to mother in law's house, a sister in law, very happily, did me a " favor "

she insisted I take the " great find " she found for me

a canon point and shoot " sure shot telemax 38/70mm 3.5/6.0 "
Is this it? Hopefully the manual will help someone else: http://www.cameramanuals.org/canon_pdf/canon_sureshot_tele_max.pdf

07-11-2018, 07:14 AM   #13097
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Is this it? Hopefully the manual will help someone else: http://www.cameramanuals.org/canon_pdf/canon_sureshot_tele_max.pdf
sure looks like. checked, it even had a dead battery, no corrosion I've tossed that of course
07-11-2018, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #13098
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Finally seduced by the dark side of the force - I bought a K200 to use as my test-bed for Pentax lenses! Got it with a DA 3.5-5.6 18-55 AL for £70 in a pawnbroker's sale. Good working order and rather to my surprise turned out to have a 32gb card.

Needless to say I currently have no Pentax lenses that need testing...
07-11-2018, 08:08 AM - 1 Like   #13099
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I received my E Ludwig Meritar 50mm f2.9 its not mint but works nicely and looks great on my K30. It took me a while to work out the aperture ring, its, quirky! I really like it

07-11-2018, 08:16 AM   #13100
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
Finally seduced by the dark side of the force - I bought a K200 to use as my test-bed for Pentax lenses! Got it with a DA 3.5-5.6 18-55 AL for £70 in a pawnbroker's sale. Good working order and rather to my surprise turned out to have a 32gb card.

Needless to say I currently have no Pentax lenses that need testing...
Nice!

And nice surprise bonus card. I always check the card slot on garage sale cameras. Even the small cards have some value -- every camera bag I own now has a 1, 2, or 4 GB "emergency backup card" rattling around inside it.
07-11-2018, 08:18 AM - 1 Like   #13101
Pentaxian

My latest "acquisition" is regaining access to the forum after problems for the last 2 months as a result of moving from IE to Firefox - I'll never know exactly what went wrong but I spent hours trying, sometimes with help from the Staff, to sort it, but never managed it until today
07-11-2018, 08:29 AM   #13102
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
My latest "acquisition" is regaining access to the forum after problems for the last 2 months as a result of moving from IE to Firefox - I'll never know exactly what went wrong but I spent hours trying, sometimes with help from the Staff, to sort it, but never managed it until today
Glad to have you back!

07-11-2018, 08:31 AM   #13103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Welcome back.
07-11-2018, 08:48 AM   #13104
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

just in time too

to help us reach the minimum post count

and to enter the race to qualify for a chance for a K 1

welcome back
07-11-2018, 09:04 AM - 1 Like   #13105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I received my E Ludwig Meritar 50mm f2.9 its not mint but works nicely and looks great on my K30. It took me a while to work out the aperture ring, its, quirky! I really like it
07-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #13106
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Nice!

And nice surprise bonus card. I always check the card slot on garage sale cameras. Even the small cards have some value -- every camera bag I own now has a 1, 2, or 4 GB "emergency backup card" rattling around inside it.
I have a number of those low-capacity cards for taking pictures down in the "studio." Rarely need more storage than that before I'm off to download to the desktop to see how the images look.
07-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #13107
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I received a package today from Amazon - a case for the newly acquired LG G5. The case packaging was open on one end and gooey with tape residue. the case was missing a metal button (part of the design, found later in the larger package) and was gooey on one end. I have already initiated a return. Sigh. Amazon gets it right MOST of the time but not this time.
07-11-2018, 03:23 PM   #13108
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
I received a package today from Amazon - a case for the newly acquired LG G5. The case packaging was open on one end and gooey with tape residue. the case was missing a metal button (part of the design, found later in the larger package) and was gooey on one end. I have already initiated a return. Sigh. Amazon gets it right MOST of the time but not this time.
Sorry to hear that.

I've been fortunate with most of my Amazon purchases, but I've had two or three over the years that were clearly returns or open box items sold as new. I don't know what their policy is on checking returns / re-stocking / re-selling, but I'm kind of surprised that they re-sell anything as brand new if it's not. I'm careful to check any purchases now, just in case... On the plus side, they're good with returns and refunds...
07-11-2018, 03:29 PM   #13109
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
I lost my (new to me)K3/dbg5 grip/55-300 screwdriv lens, and lowpro toploader bag in a home break-in robbery. I barely even used the gear.
Lucked out though, insurance paid replacement cost.
Just scored in the marketplace some sweet items along with replacement camera and body.
Here's what I got-
K3/just 250 clicks
DGB5 grip/also brand new condition.
18-135 zoom new condition/already have one, gonna sell it.
DA 55 f1.8 (not real wild about it, might sell it.
Handheld diffuser
Three different remotes/one is corded
Three different power ND filters 62mm
Three batteries
Giottos rocker blower/cleaning supplies
Hotshoe mount microphone
A cool body flash diffuser kit
32 gb memory card
And a real nice sling style camera bag

All for $700!
All this gear has sat in this bag for three years unused and it is in brand new excellent condition!
I already have a buyer for the zoom for $200 because I already have one, and I will most likely sell the 50mm. So needless to say, there is one happy camper here……!

I apologise for the sideways pic, it's a cell phone pic....I rarely use my cell to take pics
Attachment 404942
Do you not have software you could use to rotate the image??

@Adam said recently that the software here reads EXIF and follows its instructions on rotation. Apparently, your cell phone doesn't tag the EXIF "properly"
07-12-2018, 12:31 AM - 1 Like   #13110
Pentaxian

Welcome back.

Use Chrome

I took delivery of an LED video light: 8x8 LEDs, mountable on hotshoe or tripod. I don't shoot video though I may use it for some constant lighting for indoor stills, my main purpose is to use it instead of a flash to "scan" negatives with my K3 as I suspect it'll make for easier focusing and maybe image quality improvements. It's got a 5V DC in so I need to look for a cable to run it off USB rather than AAs.