Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2018, 12:35 PM - 1 Like   #13636
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote

* I have 9 50/1.4’s in 4 mounts, but I have 19 lenses 43mm-58mm, some in dupes, plus zooms covering 50mm. Gluttony.

Gluttony!
I'm very much self forgiving... but I have to admit that there is some truth in your definition
I am more or less around your numbers, with the only difference that all of them are in two mounts only. Well, three, I also have one in M mount.
I really don't know how it happened. I had no particular interest in fifties over f/1.4, and I never buy analog cameras for collection. When it happens, it's just because there is a lens attached that is in my wish list.
I have far more 135mm's than fifties, though. Most of them acquired when there was no reasonable expectation Pentax would ever release a full frame. That is call faith!

08-27-2018, 12:59 PM - 1 Like   #13637
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
By four mounts I meant C/Y, Nikon F, M42 and K mount.

.:

August Post count = 163
QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Gluttony!
I'm very much self forgiving... but I have to admit that there is some truth in your definition
I am more or less around your numbers, with the only difference that all of them are in two mounts only. Well, three, I also have one in M mount.
I really don't know how it happened. I had no particular interest in fifties over f/1.4, and I never buy analog cameras for collection. When it happens, it's just because there is a lens attached that is in my wish list.
I have far more 135mm's than fifties, though. Most of them acquired when there was no reasonable expectation Pentax would ever release a full frame. That is call faith!
08-27-2018, 01:37 PM - 1 Like   #13638
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I got a Pluto Trigger to replace my Lightning Bug that just wasn't doing a very good job. Pluto is much better!
08-27-2018, 01:39 PM - 1 Like   #13639
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I got a Pluto Trigger to replace my Lightning Bug that just wasn't doing a very good job. Pluto is much better!
awesome shot!

08-27-2018, 02:06 PM   #13640
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
you might want to look at this:

Pentax Aperture Block Failure Survey Results
K-30 and K-50: does the camera's age play a role?
By PF Staff in Articles and Tips on Oct 9, 2016

Read more at: Pentax Aperture Block Failure Survey Results - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com
Thank you for that link! It definitely put my mind at ease because my k50 has seen a lot of use over the 3 years I have owned it with out fail yet so I figure I am out of the woods.
08-27-2018, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #13641
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Gluttony!
I am also around the 20 mf lens mark in two mounts. I have quite a few fifties, the fastest is f1.7. I tend to collect because the lens interests me, weird things like e Ludwig's and isco Göttingen's. I also rather like takumars and, more recently, tomiokas I went through a phase of wanting everything sans control but now I am a bit more restrained. Being a cakeophile I know all about gluttony and in my case, it really was
08-27-2018, 03:14 PM - 1 Like   #13642
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
I just bought this on eBay for £50. I offered the seller £60 a couple of months ago and he turned it down. Three price drops later I have it. I really only want the lens, I am pretty sure it is another tomioka and it looks beautiful. I possibly paid over the odds but as I have been looking at it for months I wasn't going to miss it
I have that lens as well and it is a beautiful piece of glass

08-27-2018, 03:39 PM   #13643
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlthellama Quote
I have that lens as well and it is a beautiful piece of glass
Yaaay, that is exactly what I was hoping to hear I have the DX 50 f1.7 and it is very sharp and this lens looks stunning. I have been watching it and lusting after it for months (he kept re-listing) so clearly it was my destiny to own it (the destiny line is easier to swallow than the thought that I payed way over the odds )
08-27-2018, 05:34 PM - 1 Like   #13644
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
...need to check my SMU supply...

Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro, on the way...

possibly next month...

Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro, on the way...
I bought the sigma 70mm shortly after it was introduced when I worked at Ritz Camera through the employee purchase program for half the sale price. I have had it for about a decade and still it is my best performing lens. I imagine that you will never regret this purchase.
08-27-2018, 05:37 PM - 6 Likes   #13645
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I Scored An Awesome Deal Today On A DFA 150-450 lens!

Alright folks I have been watching this lens over the last six months in the local pawn shop here in Vegas, folks here sell?pawn all kinds of things to support their gambling habits and I am laying in waiting to pounce on such deals. I normally spot the item, find out how long it has sat in the shop, and then I make a ridiculous offer.
I spotted this mint condition DFA 150-450mm lens six months ago and as you all can see in the pic, the price sticker was originally set at $1800, three months went by and they dropped it to $1460, and I held out even at that good deal, then here it is three months later and I went into the shop and they just lowered the price to $1260! I did a total thorough investigation and verified that it worked perfectly. I then went home and pondered over what I was going to offer for it. I then called them up and made the offer of $1000 out the door(they eat the taxes), they didnt hesitate and accepted the offer! so here I am with a (new to me) lens that I have been jonesing over since it was released.
the guy at the shop said no one ever even came and looked at the lens, he did mention that they have a Pentax shooter that comes by every so often and buys all the old lenses, and that he just glanced at this lens and gave it no more thought.
It is a great thing that Pentaxians are few and far between, because I bet if this was a Canikony lens, it wouldn't have lasted long.
They also have a silver edition K3 with battery grip for sale too(probably got it from the same person that sold them my new lens) with low shutter count that started out at $860, and now it is down to $660. I really dont need a new body (saving up for K1ii) but if it is still there in three months, I am going in and offer them some ridiculous price for it, so I still may end up with it one day, I just really wanted this lens. it is in brand new condition and even has a nice uv filter on it that was used to protect the lens. I took a few shots with it and this lens amazes me.....now I cant wait for the Air Show to come up.

Name:  IMGP4785.jpg
Views: 193
Size:  177.9 KB
08-27-2018, 08:23 PM   #13646
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
Alright folks I have been watching this lens over the last six months in the local pawn shop here in Vegas, folks here sell?pawn all kinds of things to support their gambling habits and I am laying in waiting to pounce on such deals. I normally spot the item, find out how long it has sat in the shop, and then I make a ridiculous offer.
I spotted this mint condition DFA 150-450mm lens six months ago and as you all can see in the pic, the price sticker was originally set at $1800, three months went by and they dropped it to $1460, and I held out even at that good deal, then here it is three months later and I went into the shop and they just lowered the price to $1260! I did a total thorough investigation and verified that it worked perfectly. I then went home and pondered over what I was going to offer for it. I then called them up and made the offer of $1000 out the door(they eat the taxes), they didnt hesitate and accepted the offer! so here I am with a (new to me) lens that I have been jonesing over since it was released.
the guy at the shop said no one ever even came and looked at the lens, he did mention that they have a Pentax shooter that comes by every so often and buys all the old lenses, and that he just glanced at this lens and gave it no more thought.
It is a great thing that Pentaxians are few and far between, because I bet if this was a Canikony lens, it wouldn't have lasted long.
They also have a silver edition K3 with battery grip for sale too(probably got it from the same person that sold them my new lens) with low shutter count that started out at $860, and now it is down to $660. I really dont need a new body (saving up for K1ii) but if it is still there in three months, I am going in and offer them some ridiculous price for it, so I still may end up with it one day, I just really wanted this lens. it is in brand new condition and even has a nice uv filter on it that was used to protect the lens. I took a few shots with it and this lens amazes me.....now I cant wait for the Air Show to come up.

Attachment 420387
awesome score!!!
08-27-2018, 10:09 PM - 1 Like   #13647
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Contemplating asking a friend in Vegas to buy a k-3ii for me...
08-28-2018, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #13648
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by SSGGeezer Quote
multiple little magnetic trays that they give away with a purchase at Harbor Freight! One for each corner of the device that the screws come out of. I always dump the non-magnetized dishes holding screws.
How do you handle brass or stainless steel screws?
08-28-2018, 04:19 AM   #13649
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Contemplating asking a friend in Vegas to buy a k-3ii for me...
if you are contemplating having me do it, I gotta inform you it is only a K3, however it is still a very capable camera. one in this condition I really recommend for anyone.
but I would be more than happy to help you out...
08-28-2018, 05:00 AM   #13650
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BirdDude007 Quote
if you are contemplating having me do it, I gotta inform you it is only a K3, however it is still a very capable camera. one in this condition I really recommend for anyone.
but I would be more than happy to help you out...
Ah. I misread. I have a k-3 already so I will pass. But that's a great find.