Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
08-29-2018, 09:04 PM - 1 Like   #13681
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Mrs. Racer gave me a Manfrotto 290 Carbon Fiber monopod for my birthday.

Very light, and it is my first monopod.

(not my image)
Very handsome, and if it is anywhere near as reliable as my elderly 055B tripod, will last you quite a few birthdays!

---------- Post added 2018-08-29 at 22:05 ----------

Mrs. Racer gave me a Manfrotto 290 Carbon Fiber monopod for my birthday.

Very light, and it is my first monopod.

(not my image)
QuoteOriginally posted by MacGirl Quote
I broke down. Ordered up a KP and the 55-300 PLM. It arrived this evening and battery is charging, settings have been set and she’s ready to go to work tomorrow. Weeeeeee! Got my bag of old gear together to sell or trade in.
I'm jealous of the PLM - I really, really, want one. Tell everyone in the East Kootenays to drive way too fast so I get more Detention Guard shifts in.

---------- Post added 2018-08-29 at 22:06 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Mrs. Racer is a nice Mrs.
I'll definitely agree with that sentiment. What a super gift.

08-29-2018, 09:07 PM - 2 Likes   #13682
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Tell everyone in the East Kootenays to drive way too fast so I get more Detention Guard shifts in.
No thanks, I like a clean record.
08-29-2018, 09:11 PM - 1 Like   #13683

My latest is a Sinar Norma with 9x12/4x5 back & 12" f6.3 Kodak Ektar on a Ilex shutter. (bit longish for 4x5) Years ago I picked up a bunch of 4x5 double holders I thought my father could use but they fit the Sinar back. My first large format. Need lots of learning on the ground glass before I start exposing film.
08-29-2018, 09:28 PM   #13684
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by wrench.doozer Quote
My latest is a Sinar Norma with 9x12/4x5 back & 12" f6.3 Kodak Ektar on a Ilex shutter. (bit longish for 4x5) Years ago I picked up a bunch of 4x5 double holders I thought my father could use but they fit the Sinar back. My first large format. Need lots of learning on the ground glass before I start exposing film.
That sounds like a fun project. Enjoy your toy!

08-29-2018, 09:57 PM   #13685
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Good luck! I'll be interested to see how it goes.
I'm working on something similar but my project is a 1890's Rochester Premo 5x7. I've had it for a while but only recently got some film holders for it.
I just figured the shutter out and I think I'm ready to take some exposures soon. I have a box of Ilford FP4 Plus 125 sheet film I'm going to try.
08-30-2018, 02:51 AM - 2 Likes   #13686
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Mrs. Racer is a nice Mrs.
Mrs. Racer is awesome. We have been together nearly 21 years now.

I think I’ll keep her.
08-30-2018, 02:57 AM   #13687
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

I’ve had a Cambo 4x5 for a few years now. I also have a 120 roll film back loaded with some Provia slide film. Figured I would use it to get a feel for the LF camera process before going all in with sheet film.

Last edited by Racer X 69; 08-30-2018 at 03:51 AM.
08-30-2018, 04:58 AM - 2 Likes   #13688
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
I have just gone and pulled the trigger on a pentax kp and theta m15 bundle.

*Runs around screaming*
You're back! Good to see you again.

I've also taken a bit of a break this year. Burnt out and other hobbies supervening, but I think I may be returning.

I just picked up an M 50/1.4 from another forum member. Very nice piece of work (the lens, not the forum member, LOL). Will single with it eventually, I think, but its primary intended use is on my film bodies.
08-30-2018, 05:25 AM - 2 Likes   #13689
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think I’ll keep her.
You've some catching up to do to get where I am. Anniversary #53 was July 24th, 2018. A little barking at each other yesterday, but no blood yet.
08-30-2018, 06:47 AM - 1 Like   #13690
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think I’ll keep her.
Who is "keeping" whom? Presumably you've been licensed to live with her. Is she willing to renew your license? You have way to go on me. M & I will celebrating 50 in January. Goodness knows what our kids will do.
08-30-2018, 03:56 PM - 1 Like   #13691
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
You've some catching up to do to get where I am. Anniversary #53 was July 24th, 2018. A little barking at each other yesterday, but no blood yet.
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Who is "keeping" whom? Presumably you've been licensed to live with her. Is she willing to renew your license? You have way to go on me. M & I will celebrating 50 in January. Goodness knows what our kids will do.
We have been living in sin the entire time. Some folks ask why we never married. Our collective response is it works, so it doesn't need fixing, and marriage may ruin it. We rarely disagree or quarrel, and when we do it is reasonably benign. Set up ground rules in the beginning, defined roles and responsibilities, agreed upon who pays what bills, and share the mortgage. She has her bank account, I have mine. If she wants something, she doesn't have to clear it with me, and the same goes for me. We are both responsible with our finances, have great income (although she is fully retired now) so money is never a problem.

My mother's parents married at 18, and took their vows of "until death do us part" to their graves. Grandma passed away first, at 85 I think, grandpa followed at 90 or so.
08-30-2018, 04:30 PM - 1 Like   #13692
Veteran Member

My mother's parents married at 18, and took their vows of "until death do us part" to their graves. Grandma passed away first, at 85 I think, grandpa followed at 90 or so.
I know one couple like this. They're both high school friends of mine. They started dating freshmen year. stayed together through college and got married right after. Some people just don't mess around.
08-30-2018, 04:35 PM - 1 Like   #13693
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

She has her bank account, I have mine.
Both my parents and my parents in law were of the "do it right the first time" school. As to what I've left of your message on this reply, some old advice: "It's easier to share a bed than a checking account, and easier to share a checking account than a desk."
08-30-2018, 04:40 PM - 1 Like   #13694

A used Tamron SP 60-300mm f3.8-5.4 Tele Zoom Lens.
08-30-2018, 06:52 PM - 1 Like   #13695
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We have been living in sin the entire time. Some folks ask why we never married. Our collective response is it works, so it doesn't need fixing, and marriage may ruin it. We rarely disagree or quarrel, and when we do it is reasonably benign. Set up ground rules in the beginning, defined roles and responsibilities, agreed upon who pays what bills, and share the mortgage. She has her bank account, I have mine. If she wants something, she doesn't have to clear it with me, and the same goes for me. We are both responsible with our finances, have great income (although she is fully retired now) so money is never a problem.

A friend had a relationship like that they lived together for 10 years, got married and divorced in about 2 years. A few years later they moved in again and have been happy ever since over 20 years (30+ happy years. Lol. )