Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
09-03-2018, 02:53 PM   #13756
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
Pentax used to make photo accessories, and I couldn't resist this item for macro experimentation:

FYI: You might not be able to mount a Pentax DSLR directly onto that bellows. I found that I needed a 10mm extension tube otherwise some parts of the camera body hit some parts of the rear standard of the bellows making it impossible to seat the bayonet mount and lock it in place. Because you do not need any diaphragm operating connections on the extension tube, any cheap , used K-mount extension tube or tube set available on EBAY will serve,

09-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #13757
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
FYI: You might not be able to mount a Pentax DSLR directly onto that bellows. I found that I needed a 10mm extension tube otherwise some parts of the camera body hit some parts of the rear standard of the bellows making it impossible to seat the bayonet mount and lock it in place. Because you do not need any diaphragm operating connections on the extension tube, any cheap , used K-mount extension tube or tube set available on EBAY will serve,

I hadn't tried it yet, thanks for the tip!
09-03-2018, 05:53 PM   #13758
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet. My ASUS 2 in one was too big to use in the truck. Seems pretty nice so far, only had it for few hours so time will tell.
edit: 'Android Auto" has to go, annoying as anything.
09-03-2018, 09:20 PM   #13759
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
Pentax used to make photo accessories, and I couldn't resist this item for macro experimentation:

I have a Ricoh bellows. The back mount is on a fixed structure, and I have been able to mount it on both K100DS and K3 with not problem. Try moving the rear mount to the back of the rack.

09-03-2018, 11:54 PM   #13760
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Our system has evolved over nearly 4 decades. After discussion we:
  1. Have had no term or credit card debt since 2011
  2. Make the maximum legal contribution to retirement savings plans
  3. Maintain separate accounts with efficient estate planning titling
  4. She paid for college - 3 private college reduced-tuitions (Merit Aid) with a semester abroad
  5. I pay all household expenses, maintenance, joint discretionary expenses such as cars and general planned saving
  6. She is responsible for, well, whatever she wants to do that would be deemed ‘extra’, such as decorating
  7. I pay for whatever I want to do that would be deemed extra or convenient, such as paid lawn care and landscaping.
  8. Around the 1st of July each year we ‘open the books’ to each other and compare the current state to our Financial Plan. If we’re on track (or above track) we negotiate extravagances.
  9. Camera Gear and Estate Sale antiques are extravagances
i really like and admire the way you handle the money thing in your Monochrome couple !
09-04-2018, 07:28 AM   #13761
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I have a Ricoh bellows. The back mount is on a fixed structure, and I have been able to mount it on both K100DS and K3 with not problem. Try moving the rear mount to the back of the rack.
The problem is the moving rear standard which if you look closely protrudes backward farther than the body-mounting surface. You remove the body-mount ring, bayonet it onto the camera body, then attempt to re-insert in the rear standard, but the baseplate region of the camera bumps against the geared support of the rear standard because the latter projects backward slightly. It's one of several annoying things about devices designed in the LX era when using them on a modern DSLR. For example, I cannot rotate a Pentax digital camera to vertical orientation on the bellows because the overhanging prism/pop-up flash or the hand-grip interfere. I also cannot rotate to vertical on my 200mm SMCA macro because the prism/pop-up flash overhang strikes the locking knob on the tripod collar. Because the lens is used exclusively for close-up/macro, I've sometimes added a short extension tube before leaving the house so I can rotate to vertical if the need arises.
09-04-2018, 08:08 AM - 2 Likes   #13762
Pentaxian

Our system is I buy whatever I can get away with regarding photographic gear and put it all together in a cupboard so that she just sees it as one big mass and doesn't notice comings and goings.

Once per month she looks at all the bills and annoys me "what's that for?" and "what's this?" and "do you need it?".

09-04-2018, 11:24 AM   #13763
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Today I got a "like fresh from factory" ME Super for the equivalent of USD 23.
My first one (not my first SLR, but my very first Pentax), which I bought used in 1981 now has so many issues it would be crazy to try to fix them.

The replacement I got from eBay a couple of years ago now does not cock anymore (or at least only sometimes) with film transport. 30 (or even 15) years ago I would have tried to repair it, but now my fingers are just not steady enough.

Last edited by RKKS08; 09-04-2018 at 12:27 PM. Reason: Typing
09-04-2018, 10:25 PM - 1 Like   #13764
Pentaxian

I got a 50mm f/1.8 lens for the Miranda Sensomat from ebay, with a 10GBP voucher I had (no idea why I had it but I'm not complaining, ebay just kept telling me I had it) it cost me just 4GBP posted.
09-04-2018, 10:37 PM - 1 Like   #13765
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I got a 50mm f/1.8 lens for the Miranda Sensomat from ebay, with a 10GBP voucher I had (no idea why I had it but I'm not complaining, ebay just kept telling me I had it) it cost me just 4GBP posted.
"what's that for?" and "what's this?" and "do you need it?".

Just warming you up so you have the answers at the tipoff the tongue. ;-)
09-05-2018, 03:00 AM - 1 Like   #13766
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

an awful lot of chatter, but not a lot of photos of our new acquisitions.....

my new-to-me Sigma 70

and there may be a Sigma 50mm f1.4 EX DG coming this way also...
09-05-2018, 04:07 AM - 2 Likes   #13767
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My first Zeiss. Aperture works fine in A and M. Focussing is a bit crappy from 0.35 to 0.65. After that smooth.

Now for optical quality.
09-05-2018, 04:36 AM - 1 Like   #13768
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

my new-to-me Sigma 70

Have you had a chance to play with the 70mm yet? I am excited to see the results that you get out of it.
09-05-2018, 04:54 AM   #13769
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by carlthellama Quote
Have you had a chance to play with the 70mm yet? I am excited to see the results that you get out of it.
oh yes - I have been working it out and it is nothing short of amazing...

see my sigline for the link to my flickr, under 'albums' you'll find the album for her and all my shots with the 70....
09-05-2018, 04:56 AM - 2 Likes   #13770
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote

my new-to-me Sigma 70

I'm drooling. Those images are lovely. Not the lenses, the SMU's ...