Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2018, 03:21 AM   #13876
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Two old Kodak aluminum 35mm film canisters, yellow with red lids.

I'll keep one at home and one in my locker at work.
Each will hold enough quarters for one round trip to work
via public transportation, in case my old car breaks down.

Chris
one of these?

09-18-2018, 03:28 AM - 1 Like   #13877
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Those little screw-top film canisters were once the subject of a photo-mag article on "50 ways to re-use" or something of the sort, cannot remember the exact number of things that could be stored in them or how they could be converted to Christmas ornaments or rattling toys or mobile danglies, etc.
09-18-2018, 04:24 AM - 1 Like   #13878
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
one of these?

Ha, ha. Film canisters are quite versatile. I have four of them strapped with black electrical tape to my MZ-S camera neck strap to store film; also formerly used them to store quarters for handy street meter parking in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, where I used to teach at Cleveland State University.
09-18-2018, 07:57 AM   #13879
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Ha, ha. Film canisters are quite versatile. I have four of them strapped with black electrical tape to my MZ-S camera neck strap to store film; also formerly used them to store quarters for handy street meter parking in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, where I used to teach at Cleveland State University.
In the same idea of reusing, I use contact lens containers as pill bottles that fit in my watch pocket. I get one with every purchase of contact lenses.

09-18-2018, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #13880
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Ha, ha. Film canisters are quite versatile....also formerly used them to store quarters for handy street meter parking
in downtown Cleveland, Ohio, where I used to teach at Cleveland State University.
When I attended Queens College I drove, and did the same.

Some of my contemporaries used them to store other substances...

Chris
09-18-2018, 04:34 PM - 2 Likes   #13881
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Walz Wide camera

Chris
09-19-2018, 01:45 AM   #13882
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Mifsuds are brilliant. I just st got a brand new Kenko pl fader for under £20, postage included. Time for some long exposures

09-19-2018, 05:38 AM - 3 Likes   #13883
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

well I was warned:

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
The problem with the limiteds is that there is no such thing as only one. Once you have one, you will want the other two
the limiteds do they live up to the reputation and why - Page 16 - PentaxForums.com

since then I have acquired like new " experienced " limiteds:

SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 Limited

SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited

SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited

and now a like new " experienced " SMC Pentax-DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited is on the way

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-19-2018 at 05:44 AM.
09-19-2018, 07:41 AM - 1 Like   #13884
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I picked up a K2, M50mm 1.4, Tamron BBAR 28-80, and vivitar 75-200. The K2 is in desperate need of a CLA, trying to decide if I send it to Eric or resell it. I was really after the 1.4, but I'd like to have a second film camera to load it with a different film speed.
09-19-2018, 08:58 AM - 1 Like   #13885
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
well I was warned:

the limiteds do they live up to the reputation and why - Page 16 - PentaxForums.com

and now a like new " experienced " SMC Pentax-DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited is on the way
Congratulations! But I can't help but notice that you seem to be staying away from the FA limiteds... You can't offend them like that. I think you should explore the magic numbers 31-43-77
09-19-2018, 09:08 AM - 1 Like   #13886
Veteran Member

well I was warned:

So you need the 70 Ltd now...?
09-19-2018, 09:56 AM - 2 Likes   #13887
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations! But I can't help but notice that you seem to be staying away from the FA limiteds... You can't offend them like that. I think you should explore the magic numbers 31-43-77
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
trouble makers you are

do you coordinate your actions?
09-19-2018, 11:54 AM   #13888
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

An auto extension tube set (13/21/31mm) with PK-A/R mount for the equivalent of <$25.
Noname, but marked "Japan".

I own an auto set (also 13/21/31) without the A contacts, and a non-auto set with other lengths.
But I was looking for a PK/A combo since I bought my Super A in 1985.
I just don't use extensions often enough to justify the price tag with which these usually are offered.

09-19-2018, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #13889
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
a classical dilemma -

HAMLET
" DA 70 limited, or FA 77 limited? That is the question—"

DA 70mm vs FA 77mm Limited Review - Comparison: Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

" the deciding factor is end user preference. If you want a more compact lens, the DA 70mm is for you. If sharpness and a fast lens is your goal, the FA 77mm is for you. Each lens has unique attributes that will ultimately be the determine factor of your selection. Also keep in mind that the FA 77mm is a full-frame lens, so you will be able to use it on film cameras as well as that future Pentax full-frame.

If we had to pick one lens over the other, we'd go for the FA 77mm, just in case that Pentax full-frame comes out faster than expected! It's faster aperture and backwards-compatibility thanks to its aperture right is also an added bonus. "

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/reviews/da-70mm-vs-fa-77mm-limited-comparison/c...#ixzz5Ra62xPlc
09-19-2018, 01:28 PM   #13890
Veteran Member

a classical dilemma -

HAMLET
" DA 70 limited, or FA 77 limited? That is the question—"

DA 70mm vs FA 77mm Limited Review - Comparison: Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

" the deciding factor is end user preference. If you want a more compact lens, the DA 70mm is for you. If sharpness and a fast lens is your goal, the FA 77mm is for you. Each lens has unique attributes that will ultimately be the determine factor of your selection. Also keep in mind that the FA 77mm is a full-frame lens, so you will be able to use it on film cameras as well as that future Pentax full-frame.

If we had to pick one lens over the other, we'd go for the FA 77mm, just in case that Pentax full-frame comes out faster than expected! It's faster aperture and backwards-compatibility thanks to its aperture right is also an added bonus. "

Read more at: DA 70mm vs FA 77mm Limited Review - Conclusion | PentaxForums.com Reviews
I don't have the DA, but I do have the FA... It is a lens that keeps surprising me. When I first got it I was expecting so much that I was disappointed (I know, blasphemy). But it has the ability to make everyday images special without having in-your-face characteristics like some legacy lenses (e.g. Trioplan). More often then not my kit is the 43, the 77, and Mamiya RB67