Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
09-19-2018, 01:34 PM   #13891
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
I don't have the DA, but I do have the FA... It is a lens that keeps surprising me. When I first got it I was expecting so much that I was disappointed (I know, blasphemy). But it has the ability to make everyday images special without having in-your-face characteristics like some legacy lenses (e.g. Trioplan). More often then not my kit is the 43, the 77, and Mamiya RB67
I'm not in the market for either now

but couldn't resist the Hamlet reference

of course if I could find either in like new condition for under 3 figures including shipping - - -

09-19-2018, 01:54 PM - 2 Likes   #13892
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I'm not in the market for either now

but couldn't resist the Hamlet reference

of course if I could find either in like new condition for under 3 figures including shipping - - -
it has happened. Can't remember who, but a member here bought FA 77 for $67 from Amazon. They seemed to have forgotten a zero...
09-19-2018, 03:16 PM   #13893
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
Anne Boleyn
Cool... added to this ever growing list.
09-19-2018, 03:18 PM   #13894
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
so use " Mrs. Brown "
Ok, she's on the list.

09-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #13895
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Cool... added to this ever growing list.
My I also point out she always wears a squarish bonnet in portraits which seems like the takumar bonnet you put on your 40mm.
09-19-2018, 03:40 PM - 1 Like   #13896
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
you put on your 40mm
Not I, she's had a dalliance with a Takumar Hoodlum all on her own...
09-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #13897
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Not I, she's had a dalliance with a Takumar Hoodlum all on her own...
sounds like Mrs. Brown to me

that " relationship " [ between Her Royal Majesty the Queen Victoria [of the United Kingdom], Princess of Hanover, Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Duchess of Saxony, Brunswick and Lunenburg, Her Imperial Majesty Queen Victoria and her manservant from Scotland, John Brown ] wasn't considered proper by the Victorians either

09-19-2018, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #13898
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

sounds like Mrs. Brown to me

that " relationship " [ between Her Royal Majesty the Queen Victoria [of the United Kingdom], Princess of Hanover, Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, Duchess of Saxony, Brunswick and Lunenburg, Her Imperial Majesty Queen Victoria and her manservant from Scotland, John Brown ] wasn't considered proper by the Victorians either

I’m just a wee bit concerned about this transgression so early on in our relationship.
09-19-2018, 04:48 PM   #13899
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m just a wee bit concerned about this transgression so early on in our relationship.

Ella Fitzgerald and The Inkspots - Into Each Life Some Rain Must Fall

remember:

To err is human; to forgive, divine. Alexander Pope
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/alexander_pope_101451

Last edited by aslyfox; 09-19-2018 at 05:13 PM.
09-20-2018, 01:50 AM - 2 Likes   #13900
Pentaxian

Congratulations! But I can't help but notice that you seem to be staying away from the FA limiteds...
Interesting, I did the exact opposite!
Even when crop was the only option I almost never bought APS-C-only lenses. Just the Sigma 10-20mm and the 30mm non-Art.
I didn't want to be limited to one format... but I liked the idea of FA Limited's (the capital makes a lot of difference)
Since the time of the K10D I always had faith that a FF camera would come, and that finally I'd be able to make full use of my film-era wide angles.

One of the reasons I appreciate this forum is the panoramic, detailed outlook it gives.
I can see how widely different choices are made, and why.
Different tastes, different motivations, different purposes, and a different rationale behind them.
I like to have the chance to be aware of different points of view, which is a healthy challenge that makes me rethink my own priorities.
For example, regarding FF vs crop, I think I would have been fine with crop if I didn't have plenty of nice, valuable 35mm lenses.
I couldn't care less about a little more resolution, and I'd be happy with smaller raw files.
I enjoy the dynamic range (I often shoot at night), but it wouldn't be a reason good enough to spend plenty of money on a K-1 II.

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 09-20-2018 at 04:51 AM.
09-20-2018, 02:40 AM - 1 Like   #13901
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Interesting, I did the exact opposite!
Even when crop was the only option I almost never bought APS-C-only lenses. Just the Sigma 10-20mm and the 30mm non-Art.
I didn't want to be limited to one format... but I liked the idea of FA Limited's (the capital makes a lot of difference)
Since the time of the K10D I always had faith that a FF camera would come, and that finally I'd be able to make full use of my film-era wide angles.

One of the reasons I appreciate this forum is the panoramic, detailed outlook it gives.
I can see why widely different choices are made, and why.
Different tastes, different motivations, different purposes, and a different rationale behind them.
I like to have the chance to be aware of different points of view, which is a healthy challenge that makes me rethink my own priorities.
For example, regarding FF vs crop, I think I would have been fine with crop if I didn't have plenty of nice, valuable 35mm lenses.
I couldn't care less about a little more resolution, and I'd be happy with smaller raw files.
I enjoy the dynamic range (I often shoot at night), but it wouldn't be a reason good enough to spend plenty of money on a K-1 II.
interesting concept -

" you don't have to be a part of the crowd, you make your own choices and that is ok "

sounds good to me
09-20-2018, 04:45 AM   #13902
Forum Member

well I was warned:

the limiteds do they live up to the reputation and why - Page 16 - PentaxForums.com

since then I have acquired like new " experienced " limiteds:

SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 Limited

SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited

SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited

and now a like new " experienced " SMC Pentax-DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited is on the way
I just acquired the hd version last week (my first limited) and it is amazing.
09-20-2018, 05:12 AM   #13903
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

a classical dilemma -

HAMLET
" DA 70 limited, or FA 77 limited? That is the question—"

DA 70mm vs FA 77mm Limited Review - Comparison: Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews

" the deciding factor is end user preference. If you want a more compact lens, the DA 70mm is for you. If sharpness and a fast lens is your goal, the FA 77mm is for you. Each lens has unique attributes that will ultimately be the determine factor of your selection. Also keep in mind that the FA 77mm is a full-frame lens, so you will be able to use it on film cameras as well as that future Pentax full-frame.

If we had to pick one lens over the other, we'd go for the FA 77mm, just in case that Pentax full-frame comes out faster than expected! It's faster aperture and backwards-compatibility thanks to its aperture right is also an added bonus. "

Read more at: DA 70mm vs FA 77mm Limited Review - Conclusion | PentaxForums.com Reviews

I have the DA70 Limited and it's awesome... color, clarity, bokeh - this gem has it all...
09-20-2018, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #13904
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I have the DA70 Limited and it's awesome... color, clarity, bokeh - this gem has it all...
I own the HD 70 and FA 77, my dad had acquired the 70 new a few years ago and before he gave up his k3 and lenses to me I got a brand new FA 77. Both are excellent.
09-20-2018, 10:27 AM   #13905
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
it has happened. Can't remember who, but a member here bought FA 77 for $67 from Amazon. They seemed to have forgotten a zero...
I remember that. By the time I went to click buy it had been taken down.