Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2018, 11:44 AM - 1 Like   #13906

Purchased the Sigma 15mm 2.8 EX DG Fisheye.
No regrets, versatile, creative, sharp little lens, though an old lens for modern standards it is a great addition to my gear and works wonderfully well together with the K-1. Only have it for a couple of days now and have not yet had the chance to use at an indoor music event but i'm pretty shure it will do just fine.
Don't be put off by reviews about less sharpness in corners, CA or whatever, just enjoy the lens and it will reward you wth great pics.
And the price was right too haha; 50% off.

09-20-2018, 12:22 PM - 1 Like   #13907
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So I bought stem caps for my tires off of ebay. Thinking that they were individual, I ordered 8, for two sets of tires.

Instead, I now have 8 sets of caps. Ooops.
09-20-2018, 01:17 PM - 2 Likes   #13908
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just won a chinon auto reflex 28mm f2.8 m42 lens for £5! Ok, so the reviews are average but I spend more than that on potato chips in a week so I am quite happy
09-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #13909
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
... but I spend more than that on potato chips in a week so I am quite happy
"potato chips" = "crisps" in "English" English! Couldn't even imagine doing that, even if I actually liked them that much - too hard on my waistline

09-20-2018, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #13910
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I just won a chinon auto reflex 28mm f2.8 m42 lens for £5! Ok, so the reviews are average but I spend more than that on potato chips in a week so I am quite happy
Congrats on the LBA^2 (Lens Buying Addiction Low Budget Acquisition)

Like you, I'll buy just about any lens I see if it's only $5-$10. It's a cheap thrill to play with a new old lens even if the lens is not up to the rigors of modern pixel peeping. Worse comes to worse, I can probably scavenge some parts off it.

P.S. You could combine your cheap lens and potato chip hobbies by smearing a bit of chip oil on the lens for that dreamy soft focus look.
09-20-2018, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #13911
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by timw4mail Quote
So I bought stem caps for my tires off of ebay. Thinking that they were individual, I ordered 8, for two sets of tires.

Instead, I now have 8 sets of caps. Ooops.
I’ll gladly relieve you of two sets for consideration plus postage. Seriously. I need some.

:.
09-20-2018, 03:35 PM - 3 Likes   #13912
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
"potato chips" = "crisps" in "English" English! Couldn't even imagine doing that, even if I actually liked them that much - too hard on my waistline
I have to admit I Americanised it, working on the principal that we have more readers in the colonies than in the mother country I also have to admit that my waistline is paying the price of my addiction to cheese and onion McCoy’s and I am now less Charles Atlas (showing my age) and more tinky winky (surprisingly not a euphemism)

09-21-2018, 12:07 AM - 2 Likes   #13913
Pentaxian

I have to admit I Americanised it, working on the principal that we have more readers in the colonies than in the mother country I also have to admit that my waistline is paying the price of my addiction to cheese and onion McCoy’s and I am now less Charles Atlas (showing my age) and more tinky winky (surprisingly not a euphemism)
For those not in the know, "Tinky Winky" was (is?) a character in the childrens' TV series "Telly Tubbies" - that's what a "few too many" potato chips/crisps can do for you
09-21-2018, 12:42 AM   #13914
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
For those not in the know, "Tinky Winky" was (is?) a character in the childrens' TV series "Telly Tubbies" - that's what a "few too many" potato chips/crisps can do for you
I am glad I'm from the Sesame Street generation and I mean the original from the 70s... Way too cool.
09-21-2018, 05:44 PM   #13915
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
well I was warned:

the limiteds do they live up to the reputation and why - Page 16 - PentaxForums.com

since then I have acquired like new " experienced " limiteds:

SMC Pentax-DA 21mm F3.2 Limited

SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited

SMC Pentax-DA 40mm F2.8 Limited

and now a like new " experienced " SMC Pentax-DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited is on the way
HI Sly

Just........the 70 to go.......easy wasn't it

Dave
09-21-2018, 05:49 PM   #13916
Pentaxian

Another job lot, this time I spent £20 inc P&P on
two Praktica bodies in working order
An M42 to Praktica bayonet adapter
About 15 T-mounts including several PK, Canon FD, Exakta Varex, Canon Eos and Minolta AF
Eleven M42 to (some sort of bayonet) converters - unfortunately although the bayonet looks fairly ordinary, so far I've tried Pentax, Praktica, Nikon, Olympus, Minolta MD and four or five others and they don't fit any of them, so I suspect that they will be going onto eBay as a mystery lot eventually.
In amongst the other stuff were two M42 to Pentax K adapters, and one of them is a real Asahi Pentax adapter. For some reason they sell for ridiculous amounts of money, even though you can get a Chinese version dirt cheap, and although it won't pay for the entire lot on its own it'll probably come close.
09-21-2018, 07:29 PM - 1 Like   #13917
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have an AF160C Ring Flash in process. Sold a DA15/4 and half hour later drained the PayPal.
09-21-2018, 08:15 PM - 1 Like   #13918
Veteran Member

I tell myself, i will move on to a FF mlrrorless so I will have to stop investing in Pentax gears... LOL I just get my self a DA*55 not long after that and now looking to get a 10-17 too... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

09-22-2018, 02:52 AM - 2 Likes   #13919
Pentaxian

Boot sale near Poitiers from several weekends ago ... for 10€ a very nice and working Paillard Bolex 8L 8mm camera. The meter is very sluggish and I have a manual with it, too, but I could not find it. Set it apart to review and now "lost" it ... it will show up soon enough.

And for 20€ a Canon AE-1 Program with a FD 50/1.8 in a really trashy camera bag that contained some goodies. I may have gambled here and "lost" ... there was no battery at purchase and at home the film advance lever is blocked. Meter is OK. Could be the typical Canon "shutter release magnet" problem here ... I took the base plate off and can force fire the shutter ... yep, another project for a rainy day. Sometimes you win and other times you loose ...
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
09-22-2018, 05:52 AM - 1 Like   #13920
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

for all the boot sales you have reported

no boots bought ?

mark me confused