Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-24-2018, 02:20 PM - 1 Like   #13981
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
I blame you for my latest acquisition

the " experienced " SMC Pentax-DA 15mm F4ED AL Limited

your posting for a 21mm Limited or 15mm Limited triggered my LBA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ thanks ]

then you are going to want to ignore my impending posts about the Super Takumar I just received...

09-24-2018, 02:24 PM - 1 Like   #13982
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
then you are going to want to ignore my impending posts about the Super Takumar I just received...
not my cup of tea

so no reaction

on the other hand, you and your photos are to blame for my acquisition of my " experienced " SMC Pentax-DA 35mm F2.8 Macro Limited

so you are not liked by my wife either
09-24-2018, 09:13 PM   #13983
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Recent "boot sale" find from a few weekends ago ... yes, behind still in my posting here ...

Initial pricing was 40€ and luckily it had a 1.5V battery so I could test it (almost correctly) ... so, I counter offered 30€ and it was a done deal. I didn't have the heart to do a "low-ball" offer, because the seller was pretty nice and we chatted it up a bit, etc. Plus I was really happy to have a very nice case ...

Needs new seals, but I have an extra set, so good there ... works well with the 1.5V and here's an example with some FOMA 100 home developed in Caffenol CH ... the second roll though this Canonet QL17. I will install the new seals after I finish the third roll of film in it now ... some FOMA 200 for maybe a different Caffenol recipe.

Not quick enough for the candid of the man with the balloons, or did you have a super size flash on the camera?
09-25-2018, 12:39 AM - 1 Like   #13984
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Dude is a little camera shy, isn’t he?
Yep, possibly.

On flickr, I entitled it, "Shy or shame" ...

09-25-2018, 12:42 AM - 1 Like   #13985
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Not quick enough for the candid of the man with the balloons, or did you have a super size flash on the camera?
Ha, no flash and I had him ... until the dude in black exiting the frame got in the way ... had to wait a second and then "boom" the hand bit happened.

Good side is the I will never owe this guy royalties if I can sell this photo to "Paris Match" ...
09-25-2018, 12:52 AM - 3 Likes   #13986
Pentaxian

From a last weekend "garage sale" acquisition ... garage sale in that it was on a table in front of the house. I did not ask how much the garage was going for ...

"Gambled" here and won ... no battery, so roll the dice. But the price was right ... first asking 20€ and I pointed out that I could not test anything due to the dead battery. I countered with 10€ and it was another done deal ... with the Fuji thrown in as a gift. The zoom lens is a Tamron AD-2 01A with a few zoom ring issues that I might be able to repair later.

At home all works with a new battery and the 50/1.8 needs a slight clean due to one oil patch on a blade. Another quick project worthwhile since the lens is like new. Happy to get a Canon 52mm filter in the deal ... I will take this one to a photo swap and see what (hopefully in Pentax) that I can get for it.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 09-25-2018 at 12:57 AM.
09-25-2018, 05:08 AM   #13987
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saved up my Amazon points and finally pulled the trigger on a HD DA 55-300mm f/4.5-6.3 ED PLM WR RE. Only took a handful of indoor shots to test out last night, but it's silent and focused immediately even with conditions that pushed ISO to 3200 and shutter speed to about 1/10th of a second. Hopefully will get to use it for it's intended purpose (kids' soccer matches) this weekend.

Now I just have to let the wife know what was in that box...

09-25-2018, 05:22 AM   #13988
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ThorSanchez Quote
. . . Now I just have to let the wife know what was in that box...
good luck

do you know the husband's rule about cast iron cook ware?

cast iron cookware - Bing images

the lighter the item, the greater the range

in other words, if it is heavy, she cannot throw it very far when she gets mad at you

[ this is a joke folks, not a comment on the serious problem of domestic abuse ]
09-25-2018, 05:56 AM - 3 Likes   #13989

A little Soviet pancake has just arrived: it's small, it's "silver", it's cheap and it works.

M39=>M42=>K

Doesn't beat the Helios in IQ or character in any way, but for $15, why not?
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone SE  Photo 
09-25-2018, 06:45 AM - 3 Likes   #13990
Pentaxian

Splurged a bit here ... snapped this one up off the Le Bon Coin French site. Bought it mainly for the excellent SMC A 24/2.8, since I had wanted one for the K-1 for quite a while. Came with a near mint Super ME ... hardly a mark to be seen and has a pristine plastic cover still on the base plate. I have two ME Super's like this now, so I will shoot some film and decide which one to keep ... the other will be traded at a swap sometime soon. The Haskins book was part of the sale, and guess what, I now have 2 of these.

Added bonus was the Hoya Pro-1 Digital filter in 52mm that was attached and not described in the ad ... so good there and will come in handy. Seller sent me a nice "merci" note as well ... again, a splurge for 128 € delivered and for this el cheapo guy, but hey ... only live once.

PS - I have a package coming from Japan and it should be here soon ... more film fun !
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 

Last edited by Racer X 69; 09-27-2018 at 06:56 PM.
09-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #13991
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
[ this is a joke folks, not a comment on the serious problem of domestic abuse ]
My grandmother knocked her second husband back down the basement stairs with a cast iron skillet when he had been drinking and made remarks like he was going to get abusive. (Family lore says...) He supposedly avoided drinking after that...
09-25-2018, 08:45 AM - 2 Likes   #13992
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Good catch!
The 24mm series A is a beautiful little lens.
The only other 24mm that competes in size and ease of use is the Sigma Super-Wide II. It doesn't have the same build of the Pentax, though...

Did you acquire any amazing projection lens recently?
As a frenchman, you have the chance to score a french projection lens in some flea market.
I don't think they are common in France... but I guess they are extremely rare anywhere else

I found an Isco, resembling the Schneider Cinelux lenses in both colour and build.
Given the shape/size it could be adaptable. I'll see...

Isco Ultra Star HD 80mm (speed is missing, probably f/2)
09-25-2018, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #13993
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Good catch!
The 24mm series A is a beautiful little lens.
The only other 24mm that competes in size and ease of use is the Sigma Super-Wide II. It doesn't have the same build of the Pentax, though...

Did you acquire any amazing projection lens recently?
As a frenchman, you have the chance to score a french projection lens in some flea market.
I don't think they are common in France... but I guess they are extremely rare anywhere else

I found an Isco, resembling the Schneider Cinelux lenses in both colour and build.
Given the shape/size it could be adaptable. I'll see...

Isco Ultra Star HD 80mm (speed is missing, probably f/2)
Merci. I was quite pleased and look forward to putting this one through its paces. I do have a Sigma 24 Super-Wide II, but it's not an "A" function lens ... maybe a side-to-side shoot out is in order some day soon.

I goofed last Sunday at a weekly parking lot sale ... and non, I did not ask how much they wanted for the lot.

There was a Rollei 6x6 slide projector with its zoom lens (a Rollei Vario Hediosmat 3.5/110-160) that was only 15 € ... I don't know why I didn't bite, but its a bi-weekly "permanent" local sale event, so I will go see if its still there tomorrow, Wednesday. Might be fun to "convert" and create a few images with ... stay tuned.

Oh, and hope to see what your lens will produce ... Cheers, J
09-25-2018, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #13994
Pentaxian

Minty Super-Takumar 135mm F3.5 (second version with 4 elements)

Oray-Higon 135mm F2.8 exakta mount lens (i'll have to adapt it) (for 5 euro's I took the gamble)

Already did some pics with the Oray-Higon Oray-Higon Auto Tele 135mm 1:2..8 | Flickr
09-25-2018, 11:08 AM - 1 Like   #13995
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
It doesn't have the same build of the Pentax, though...
Mine ( Sigma 24 Super-Wide II) is extremely shoddy rubber ring coming of, most of the distance scale gone, play in the focus ring (along the barrel). It is also slightly decentered. Still works for close up work or stopped down a lot. Luckily I found a new one with all the lettering still on it. Which hopefully means it's general condition is also better. Should be coming in on Thursday. (Bought it from Rockycameras on Etsy. Very reasonable prices and shipment costs).