Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
10-28-2018, 05:24 PM   #14311
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
PM me your address. I’ll lend it to you.

That lens has been around since my K10D was new. It ‘snaps’ into focus more sharply than any other lens I have ever owned. Of course I couldn’t resist the opportunity to also buy the later 52BB (same optics) because it came with ALL the plastic bits including the hood and a case.
done...

looking forward to trying it out... now to find the proper adapter...

10-28-2018, 05:27 PM - 1 Like   #14312
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
done...

looking forward to trying it out... now to find the proper adapter...
I’m pretty sure it has a K adapter on it. I only have one KA adapter (and an ES, which is m42..
10-28-2018, 05:39 PM - 2 Likes   #14313
Veteran Member

I just returned home from a trip in which I spent time with some colleagues who are also passionate photographers. They’re vintage lens enthusiasts as well. Unfortunately, they inspired me to binge research and purchase some new glass. The first deliveries were today, and boy am I happy. One Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58/2 and Carl Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8 are now in my possession. And the first tests look really good. :-)
10-28-2018, 08:18 PM - 3 Likes   #14314
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by neokind Quote
I just returned home from a trip in which I spent time with some colleagues who are also passionate photographers. They’re vintage lens enthusiasts as well. Unfortunately, they inspired me to binge research and purchase some new glass. The first deliveries were today, and boy am I happy. One Carl Zeiss Jena Biotar 58/2 and Carl Zeiss Distagon 28/2.8 are now in my possession. And the first tests look really good. :-)
Ah the c.z.j. biotar! Probably one of my favorite 50s (ish) of all time. Mine is the 18 blade version and the bokeh is sublime.

The picture with my dog Vesta isn't the best representative of the mad bokeh but it's all I have on my phone right now.

Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
ILCE-5000  Photo 
10-28-2018, 08:30 PM - 2 Likes   #14315
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by carlthellama Quote
Ah the c.z.j. biotar! Probably one of my favorite 50s (ish) of all time. Mine is the 18 blade version and the bokeh is sublime.

The picture with my dog Vesta isn't the best representative of the mad bokeh but it's all I have on my phone right now.
Oh nice! I managed to get a great price on an 11 blade version along with an old Exacta camera. The few test portrait shots I took with busy backgrounds just blew me away with the swirly, smooth bokeh. I think it’ll be a favorite.
10-29-2018, 03:30 AM - 4 Likes   #14316
Pentaxian

A couple of acquisitions from the small flea market sale on a square in city center of Poitiers ... it's on Friday morning and I do not go that often, since there's rarely much interesting for me .... but ...

For 4€ each two Fridays ago, Exida-Travegon 35/3.5 in M42 and a Rodenstock Rodagon 150/5.6 enlarger lens. The Exida has a really bad rear element group that after pulling it apart at home, I realized that it cannot be really saved ... so into the project bin and maybe someday I will find replacement parts, otherwise it's very nice. The Rodagon has a lot of balsam separation which is typical from my experiences. I plan to put it in a bellows to see what it can do ...

And for 10€ last Friday, an "ausJena" Flektogon 35/2.8 ... score! The original price was 15€, but I talked the seller down. Focus was quite stiff near MFD range, but I air blasted out the debris (?) with a Rocket and re-lubed. After a lot of manipulation, it works much better now, but not perfect. An ever slight bit of fungus on the rear element, but I am going to shoot first before any intervention. This one should be fun ...

10-29-2018, 08:17 AM - 1 Like   #14317
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Purchased an FA 50 1.4 from Riverscooter - now just on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive since it will ship today! I have an F 50 f/1.7 already but I have always wanted to play with the FA 50 1.4 of this era. From what I have seen it will be softer until about f/2.5 or 2.8 and then it will be equal or better. The softness at f1.4 is actually appealing to me however for specific uses. So Time will tell but I suspect I will sell the F 50 since it will be hard to justify keeping.

10-29-2018, 08:17 AM   #14318
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
A couple of acquisitions from the small flea market sale on a square in city center of Poitiers ... it's on Friday morning and I do not go that often, since there's rarely much interesting for me .... but ...

For 4€ each two Fridays ago, Exida-Travegon 35/3.5 in M42 and a Rodenstock Rodagon 150/5.6 enlarger lens. The Exida has a really bad rear element group that after pulling it apart at home, I realized that it cannot be really saved ... so into the project bin and maybe someday I will find replacement parts, otherwise it's very nice. The Rodagon has a lot of balsam separation which is typical from my experiences. I plan to put it in a bellows to see what it can do ...

And for 10€ last Friday, an "ausJena" Flektogon 35/2.8 ... score! The original price was 15€, but I talked the seller down. Focus was quite stiff near MFD range, but I air blasted out the debris (?) with a Rocket and re-lubed. After a lot of manipulation, it works much better now, but not perfect. An ever slight bit of fungus on the rear element, but I am going to shoot first before any intervention. This one should be fun ...
That Flektogon! What a find!
10-29-2018, 08:41 AM - 1 Like   #14319
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Purchased an FA 50 1.4 from Riverscooter - now just on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive since it will ship today! I have an F 50 f/1.7 already but I have always wanted to play with the FA 50 1.4 of this era. From what I have seen it will be softer until about f/2.5 or 2.8 and then it will be equal or better. The softness at f1.4 is actually appealing to me however for specific uses. So Time will tell but I suspect I will sell the F 50 since it will be hard to justify keeping.
I got my DA21 from him in good time, well packaged, and in great shape. My FA50 is one of my favorite close portraits due to its APSC + <2.8 performance.
10-29-2018, 03:49 PM - 1 Like   #14320

Photos: Albums
Just got back from the post office to pick up my latest... a Tamron SP Di 17-35 f2.8-4, express from Japan. I like the 28-75 and the 70-200 so much that I decided to complete the Trinity (I've been calling it the Dirtbag Trinity in my head, maybe Cheapskate Trinity is a little gentler - acquired all three lenses for less than the cost of a grey market 24-70). The wide-angle cousins aren't so easy to find for Pentax anymore.

So far I'm not seeing anything to complain about performance-wise, just puttering around the house and bothering the wife. Color is good, subjects look like they occupy volume in space, resolution is pretty impressive for an old wide zoom even from wide open. I'll have to shoot it out against the FA 20-35 in the real world.
10-29-2018, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #14321
Veteran Member

Got a killer deal on a nice CPL in 86mm today. Looks good, mounted properly, now to test it out
10-29-2018, 08:09 PM - 2 Likes   #14322
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
I got my DA21 from him in good time, well packaged, and in great shape. My FA50 is one of my favorite close portraits due to its APSC + <2.8 performance.
Yes he's already sent me a tracking number, but I'm really looking forward to having it here so it seems interminable that he can't just wish it here instantly. LOL.
10-29-2018, 09:31 PM - 1 Like   #14323

And now I have purchased my third Sigma KA zoom. A 70-210mm to go with my 75-210 & 75-300. Good thing that there is only one more that I have any interest in or else I would have a problem.
10-30-2018, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #14324

QuoteOriginally posted by DrMindbender Quote
And now I have purchased my third Sigma KA zoom. A 70-210mm to go with my 75-210 & 75-300. Good thing that there is only one more that I have any interest in or else I would have a problem.
That was i said when i got a 18-200mm Tamron. Now i have six lenses nad looking to buy two more from a guy on UK, a SMC PENTAX M 1:3 .5 135mm ASAHI OPT CO and a Helios 44m-4 2/58. I will get down his prices as far as possible as this guy seems to understand next no nothing about cameras, so i can't reliy on he identifying fungus. He didn't even know that the bent filter ring on the Helios is a problem, he just thought it was a cosmetic flange that was useless. Yes, i know that bump=problem but, he advertised it on first place at 0.99GBP so if i can get both lenses at around 20€ with shipping i'd be happy. Shipping costs are a bitch sometimes, and i may try to negotiate this. At the end, I don't really need them, is just a "nice to have" thing and if instead of a 72h international shipping i can get one of those inexpensive but like multiweek shipping, i'll be fine, as the M42 adapter will take its 2 to 3 weeks to arrive too.
10-30-2018, 07:25 PM   #14325

QuoteOriginally posted by CapitanXeon Quote
That was i said when i got a 18-200mm Tamron. Now i have six lenses nad looking to buy two more from a guy on UK, a SMC PENTAX M 1:3 .5 135mm ASAHI OPT CO and a Helios 44m-4 2/58. I will get down his prices as far as possible as this guy seems to understand next no nothing about cameras, so i can't reliy on he identifying fungus. He didn't even know that the bent filter ring on the Helios is a problem, he just thought it was a cosmetic flange that was useless. Yes, i know that bump=problem but, he advertised it on first place at 0.99GBP so if i can get both lenses at around 20€ with shipping i'd be happy. Shipping costs are a bitch sometimes, and i may try to negotiate this. At the end, I don't really need them, is just a "nice to have" thing and if instead of a 72h international shipping i can get one of those inexpensive but like multiweek shipping, i'll be fine, as the M42 adapter will take its 2 to 3 weeks to arrive too.
I wasn't talking about lenses in general. Just Sigma telescoping zoom KA lenses.