Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
11-03-2018, 05:14 AM - 2 Likes   #14371
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Here, seatbelts are mandatory and everyone's fine with that.
Seatbelts are mandatory pretty much everywhere.

Still, people find excuses to not use them.

And when they die in a collision because of their refusal to use them I call that natural selection. Removes them from the gene pool.

11-03-2018, 05:28 AM   #14372
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Cerebum Quote
OH MY WORD! I just got a pristine Tair 11-A 135mm f2.8 in its original case, with all its original filters for £59. Looks like my next single in may be back to 135mm. I can't wait to see what the bokeh is like, it has a tremendous reputation
awesome - and you posted a shot of your acquisition (as opposed to the current load of chatter in here)....
11-03-2018, 06:18 AM   #14373
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

OH MY WORD! I just got a pristine Tair 11-A 135mm f2.8 in its original case, with all its original filters for £59. Looks like my next single in may be back to 135mm. I can't wait to see what the bokeh is like, it has a tremendous reputation
Congratulations! The Tair-11A is an outstanding lens. You're going to love it
11-03-2018, 07:12 AM   #14374
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Just print this out, tape it to the instrument panel, and you'll be good to go.
That's not quite what I meant...

11-03-2018, 07:18 AM - 4 Likes   #14375
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
And why is this in the Recent Acquisition thread!?!
We have a tendency to stray from the topic at times.

So, here is an on topic post.

I have a new camera.

A K-1, with battery grip.

One of my first images made with it:

11-03-2018, 07:19 AM   #14376
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
That's not quite what I meant...
Sorry, eh?

cheesy

Last edited by Racer X 69; 11-03-2018 at 07:41 AM.
11-03-2018, 10:14 AM - 2 Likes   #14377
Veteran Member

Here's the photo I promised of the AX-3. The camera arrived in an 8 of 10 cosmetic condition, and appears to be fully functional. I tested the meter against my hand held unit and it looks like the Fujica's meter matches very close for the most part. Next step is loading it up and taking a small hike.

Loaded a new image, it should be a bit better than the first i posted.

Last edited by kevinWE; 11-03-2018 at 10:47 AM.
11-03-2018, 10:31 AM   #14378
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kevinWE Quote
Here's the photo I promised of the AX-3. The camera arrived in an 8 of 10 cosmetic condition, and appears to be fully functional. I tested the meter against my hand held unit and it looks like the Fujica's meter matches very close for the most part. Next step is loading it up and taking a small hike.

The image may be a bit muddy, sorry. :-(

That body looks a lot like a Canon AE1 in some respects - were they made in the same factory or something?

Today's car boot sales were a dead loss - nothing I wanted and could afford at all - but I got home to find something I ordered a couple of weeks ago, a pack of 100 lens cloths (probably intended for glasses etc. but very usable on camera lenses) which I got for £2.80 inc P&P on eBay. Actually surprisingly good, especially considering the price, and I'm considering the idea of putting one in with every lens I sell - not like it will cost much, and it's the sort of thing that gathers good will.
11-03-2018, 10:51 AM   #14379
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
That body looks a lot like a Canon AE1 in some respects - were they made in the same factory or something?

Today's car boot sales were a dead loss - nothing I wanted and could afford at all - but I got home to find something I ordered a couple of weeks ago, a pack of 100 lens cloths (probably intended for glasses etc. but very usable on camera lenses) which I got for £2.80 inc P&P on eBay. Actually surprisingly good, especially considering the price, and I'm considering the idea of putting one in with every lens I sell - not like it will cost much, and it's the sort of thing that gathers good will.
I'm not an expert on manufacturing, but I do not think the same factories were shared by Fujica and Canon. There are quite a few cosmetic difference between the the AE-1 and AX-3.
11-03-2018, 11:16 AM - 1 Like   #14380
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Here's another bit of number crunching. The three states with the highest NUMBER (not rate) of traffic fatalities are Texas, California and Florida. Just these three account for about 28% of all traffic fatalities.
Clearly we need to take cars away from everyone in Texas, California and Florida.
11-03-2018, 02:02 PM   #14381
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinWE Quote
I'm not an expert on manufacturing, but I do not think the same factories were shared by Fujica and Canon. There are quite a few cosmetic difference between the the AE-1 and AX-3.
You're probably right - the reason I asked is that there are some instances of multiple manufacturers basing their bodies on the same design, and/or having it built in the same factory, because it's a good design or someone has some spare production capacity. The one that came to mind is Cosina's CT-1. To quote Wikipedia

In addition to being sold in its own right, the CT-1 chassis also forms the basis (with variations) of several SLR bodies including the Nikon FM10,[1] the Canon T60[2], the Olympus OM-2000[3][4] and others, such as the Hanimex DR-1 Super.[5] It fulfilled better-known manufacturers' desire to offer a low-end "no-frills" manual film SLR without having to manufacture it themselves.
Models sold under other brand names known to share the chassis and possibly the whole mechanisms and electronics etc.: Canon T60, Carena CX-300, Chinon CM-7[6], Olympus OM-2000[7][8], Nikon FE10, Nikon FM10[6][7], Petri GX-1[9], Petri GX-2[10], Revue AC2, Revue SC3, Ricoh KR-5[6] SUPER II (2).
11-03-2018, 04:32 PM - 2 Likes   #14382
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
awesome - and you posted a shot of your acquisition (as opposed to the current load of chatter in here)....
You need one of these in your life Dave, add it to the list

---------- Post added 11-03-18 at 04:35 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
Congratulations! The Tair-11A is an outstanding lens. You're going to love it
Did some test shots in the garden, so far so wow.

11-03-2018, 04:36 PM   #14383
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

You need one of these in your life Dave, add it to the list
yeah?

I've got four M42's arriving this week, along with a spare Adaptall and maybe another Takumar later in the month....

maybe a Tair-11 is what I need....
11-03-2018, 04:36 PM - 1 Like   #14384
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Latest acquisition, flickr subscription (grumble grumble grumble)
11-03-2018, 04:40 PM   #14385
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Did some test shots in the garden, so far so wow.
Nice!

Out of interest, how much colour and contrast manipulation was required to get those results? My guess is, not much, since my own Tair-11A is very good in these respects (especially considering its vintage)...