Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-06-2018, 01:26 PM - 1 Like   #14431
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
SMU shots are forthcoming; this will have to hold you circus animals for another day or so:

Noooo.
It is one of the two C/D P I miss!!
I have the 2/28mm and the 2/135mm with me, and I made a proposal for a spotless 2.8/200mm. The seller seems to agree...
So I still miss your 2/35mm and the 2.8/55mm Macro.
All were made by Tokina in the first half of the seventies, and were part of a "pro" line that was meant to compete with Vivitar's Series 1.
I consider them beautiful lenses of the highest build standards.
A pity they were never made in PK mount
Quoting the title of another thread, the 28mm controls my mind Seriously, it is one of the very few 28mm of that time that performs in such an amazing way. Wide open, and at minimum focusing distance, the sharpness is impressive.
I still have to try it in different conditions, though. For the moment I'm very impressed.
I have used the 135mm much more, especially for portraits and in very low light: great portrait lens, the best fast 135mm optic I've used so far!
I also have a Soligor Macro C/D 2.8/100mm, also made by Tokina and looking exactly as the others, but doesn't have the red "P".
I guess it was made a couple years later, so it doesn't belong to the "Pro" family.

The 28mm and 135mm are in my opinion two very valuable lenses.
Both are available on eBay now, sold from Poland. The price is very reasonable, IMHO. It's about half the price I consider appropriate.
The first round they didn't sell, which confirms that few people know about this line of Soligor lenses, and even fewer are aware of how good they are, how well built... and how cool they look on a K-1!
The 35mm, 55mm macro and the 200mm should be a little less desirable than the other two, cause there are more high quality alternatives with the same focal/speed. Though I believe they should be good, if they are any close to the two I had the chance to try.
I'm very curious to know what's your impression with the 35mm, after you shoot the first round of pictures.

I'm a little envious of your finding... but I wish you happy shooting anyway

11-06-2018, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #14432
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Noooo.
It is one of the two C/D P I miss!!
I have the 2/28mm and the 2/135mm with me, and I made a proposal for a spotless 2.8/200mm. The seller seems to agree...
So I still miss your 2/35mm and the 2.8/55mm Macro.
All were made by Tokina in the first half of the seventies, and were part of a "pro" line that was meant to compete with Vivitar's Series 1.
I consider them beautiful lenses of the highest build standards.
A pity they were never made in PK mount
Quoting the title of another thread, the 28mm controls my mind Seriously, it is one of the very few 28mm of that time that performs in such an amazing way. Wide open, and at minimum focusing distance, the sharpness is impressive.
I still have to try it in different conditions, though. For the moment I'm very impressed.
I have used the 135mm much more, especially for portraits and in very low light: great portrait lens, the best fast 135mm optic I've used so far!
I also have a Soligor Macro C/D 2.8/100mm, also made by Tokina and looking exactly as the others, but doesn't have the red "P".
I guess it was made a couple years later, so it doesn't belong to the "Pro" family.

The 28mm and 135mm are in my opinion two very valuable lenses.
Both are available on eBay now, sold from Poland. The price is very reasonable, IMHO. It's about half the price I consider appropriate.
The first round they didn't sell, which confirms that few people know about this line of Soligor lenses, and even fewer are aware of how good they are, how well built... and how cool they look on a K-1!
The 35mm, 55mm macro and the 200mm should be a little less desirable than the other two, cause there are more high quality alternatives with the same focal/speed. Though I believe they should be good, if they are any close to the two I had the chance to try.
I'm very curious to know what's your impression with the 35mm, after you shoot the first round of pictures.

I'm a little envious of your finding... but I wish you happy shooting anyway
this is very early, but the first couple dozen shots I had with her yesterday indicated there is something very special going on with that lens...
11-06-2018, 02:41 PM - 1 Like   #14433

Just won a Photax Paragon 1:2.8 135mm lens and an Helios 44m-4 2/58. Less than 15 for both. I will need the m42 adapter but i don't really care, i want to try them.
Also won a GTX 780 for 5,50€, the guy dropped it and some SMD resistors were knoked off, so i'll repair it and sell it on the neighborhood of 100€ if it works, that is what one guy offered me.
11-06-2018, 05:30 PM   #14434
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
Is the problem the seller or the Cosina?

Is the lens badly designed, or a good lens in bad condition?
My guess is the seller, who I suspect listed it cheap because it was a return or something, and the lens is faulty in some way - I can't see anything wrong, so I'm guessing there's a lens element out of alignment or something. It has some fairly good reviews

Cosina ( Vivitar ) 28-210mm f3.5-5.6 Macro Lens Reviews - Cosina Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database

11-06-2018, 07:12 PM - 1 Like   #14435
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Soligor C/D 35mm f2 P

also arriving today was the new lens hood and cap for the Soligor, plus the new hood and cap for the Helios 44M that should arrive on Friday...

Last edited by pepperberry farm; 11-06-2018 at 07:30 PM.
11-06-2018, 08:01 PM - 3 Likes   #14436
Veteran Member

Bought a bundle the other day and this is what I wanted out of it....LBA is BACK BABY!
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II s  Photo 
11-06-2018, 09:33 PM - 2 Likes   #14437
Pentaxian

My DA70 arrived today as part of the scheme to upgrade micro4:3 with ibIS to Limited primes. I recently missed out on a DA21, but while searching for a good deal on another copy I found an elder 10-20/4+ Sigma. I could have bid a while but for about $200 that's a decent enough price for a lightly-used one, and cheaper than a DA21 even if slower and larger. It will be a bit nose-heavy on the GX7.ii but will serve quite nicely on the K-50!

Guess the DA21 is out for the near term; the Vivitar 24/2.8 can keep its current spot.

Attached Images

11-07-2018, 05:51 AM   #14438
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
My DA70 arrived today as part of the scheme to upgrade micro4:3 with ibIS to Limited primes. I recently missed out on a DA21, but while searching for a good deal on another copy I found an elder 10-20/4+ Sigma. I could have bid a while but for about $200 that's a decent enough price for a lightly-used one, and cheaper than a DA21 even if slower and larger. It will be a bit nose-heavy on the GX7.ii but will serve quite nicely on the K-50!

Guess the DA21 is out for the near term; the Vivitar 24/2.8 can keep its current spot.
I occasionally use my DA limiteds on my gx-1 but I prefer them on the gx-7. My adapter is similar to yours and really solid and heavy; good in that it won't flex and will support larger lenses, but I'd love a lighter version with aperture control for the times I want to use a DA limited on my m43.
11-07-2018, 10:50 AM - 1 Like   #14439
Pentaxian

At a loose end today so I went out to the North London street with three charity shops I've mentioned a couple of times before and splurged on three more cameras with AF lenses - two Nikon F55s with a 35-80 4-5.6 and a 28-80 3.3-5.6G, and a Canon Eos 500v with a 28-80 3.5-5.6 II - and a Chinon 55/1.7 in M42 which unfortunately has the traditional M42 fault of not stopping down. Everything else is working well, and I should make a modest profit at £63 total spend. Probably the last time I'll go there until the New Year at the earliest; one shop has nothing photographic left, one is down to a couple of teleconverters, and I think I've cleaned the third out of everything that's any good except some Minolta AF gear, and they want way too much for it - unlike Canon and Nikon the value has plummeted.
11-07-2018, 12:56 PM - 1 Like   #14440
Veteran Member

Does a new crazy idea count as a new acquisition? Just came across a Zoomar Muenchen Zoomatar 180mm f1.3 (yep, you got that right, f1.3) lens. There is one listed on eBay right now... Just $11k USD and it's yours. Or best offer. I was tempted to try $200, but somehow I think the seller wouldn't respond. Anyway, so all of a sudden I want to get my hands on a Zoomar lens...
11-07-2018, 01:18 PM - 2 Likes   #14441
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Does a new crazy idea count as a new acquisition? Just came across a Zoomar Muenchen Zoomatar 180mm f1.3 (yep, you got that right, f1.3) lens. There is one listed on eBay right now... Just $11k USD and it's yours. Or best offer. I was tempted to try $200, but somehow I think the seller wouldn't respond. Anyway, so all of a sudden I want to get my hands on a Zoomar lens...
While that is a great price, I'll have to pass because I'm trying to be good and avoid duplicates right now.
11-07-2018, 04:24 PM - 2 Likes   #14442
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by IgorZ Quote
Eye-popping specifications don't make for eye-popping images.
11-07-2018, 06:12 PM - 1 Like   #14443

Lol

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
I don't know that I'm going to amass that many - only a few of them actually interest me; with the holidays coming up, I'm hoping to add a Takumar 105mm to my collection and then see where I sit....
Yeah I am Kinda addicted alright.......
The 105 2.8 Takumar is very nice indeed......
To be honest all the M42 Mounts I've collected I have Acquired For Steal Prices That is Why I have Amassed So Many
11-07-2018, 06:42 PM - 3 Likes   #14444
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hi all, my friend just arrived from France with the FA*24mm F2, FA*85mm F1.4 and the DA*300mm F4, that I bought a while back as the price on new and tax on second hand is a lot less there than here, Ian
11-07-2018, 07:54 PM   #14445
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by k1man Quote
Hi all, my friend just arrived from France with the FA*24mm F2, FA*85mm F1.4 and the DA*300mm F4, that I bought a while back as the price on new and tax on second hand is a lot less there than here, Ian
Quite a set! Congrats