Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-28-2018, 03:57 PM - 3 Likes   #14701
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Some people hoard cats...I hoard cameras...They are a lot cheaper than cats...

11-28-2018, 03:58 PM   #14702
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
P&S film cameras???
11-28-2018, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #14703
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
The Argus looks cool. My hipster son would love it!
It's also the "Colin Creevey camera" from the Harry Potter movies...Well the tan Matchmatic is...

Like the K1000 it was made for decades...more than 2 million...
11-28-2018, 04:02 PM   #14704
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
P&S film cameras???
Why not? Some of the non-zoom ones are pretty good...

And I bought this lot based on this photo...

Name:  22497196112051ns.JPG
Views: 157
Size:  79.2 KB

And I forgot to list the Minolta Freedom Zoom 105i that was in the lot...looks like something from Star Wars...

Last edited by boriscleto; 11-28-2018 at 04:07 PM.
11-28-2018, 04:11 PM   #14705
Veteran Member

That is certainly....eclectic.
11-28-2018, 04:16 PM   #14706
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I seem to recall an account of someone who had literally built a wall out of Argus C3 "bricks".

Chris
11-28-2018, 04:22 PM - 2 Likes   #14707
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Minolta Freedom Zoom 105i. AKA Riva Zoom 105i.

Unlike most P&S cameras it has passive phase detect AF...The Olympus iS series had phase detect AF, but they were fixed lens SLRs...

Name:  _IMG3538.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  431.4 KB

11-29-2018, 05:47 AM - 1 Like   #14708
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
In reality it's only a problem with the pins that have a square tip. Most third party lenses compatible with both Ricoh and PKA have rounded tips, which slide in and out of the recess of the screwdrive AF without problems.
I have a cheap, plasticky MZ body that I can use as guinea pig, so I'm allowed to try before using a new lens on a DSLR body.
If I didn't I would probably be a little nervous and remove the pin anyway, as a safety measure

Due to self imposed budget limits, recently I am concentrating on two categories: 1) is it a Tomioka or a Cosina? 2) Soligor C/D primes.
I took care of the latter with a Sun-made 5.6/400mm and yet another Tokina-made C/D P (2.8/200mm).
About the former, I just purchased the first non-fifty lens that sees no consensus about the attribution. Btw it's also my first Chinon in PK mount.
It's an Auto Chinon Multi-Coated 2.8/28mm in PK mount.
Even before getting it, I think I've already made up my mind.
It should be a Tomioka.
Not because all Chinon lenses are Tomioka's (there are a few made by Cima Kogaku or Cosina).
I have two other reasons.
One is the peculiar elliptical reference mark for focus and aperture (I've seen it only in a Revuenon PK 1.4/50mm), and the other is the ft. distance scale on top of the mt. one.
Quite consistently I have seen the same arrangement in lenses widely believed to be Tomioka-made, while the ft. scale is at the bottom in most (maybe all) Cosina-made objectives.

Here is the little beast. If it has the same performance of a similar Rikenon lens (with identical specs and very likely by the same maker), the performance should top the Pentax-M.
I'll check as soon as it arrives.

It looks very similar to my M42 which tapers slightly. That lens is one of the sharpest I have ever used. I thought it was a tomioka but I read somewhere that it may be a tamron. Personally, I don't care because it is incredible. Another to look out for is the 35mm chinon made by sun. That is equally incredible, so much so I am thinking of flogging off my takumars!
11-29-2018, 06:20 AM - 1 Like   #14709
Pentaxian

Well, my latest is not a Pentax, sadly. I was looking to replace my aged W80 underwater camera, and while the Pentax WG50 was 300$ CAD, this little critter was only 100$ new after an absurd slew of rebates.

Looks ok, the interface is pretty minimalist but organized decently. Wifi transfers are so clunky, it makes Pentax's Android app feel like magic.
11-29-2018, 06:29 AM - 1 Like   #14710
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
. . . May i ask what it is and what is the problem ? Cause i'm completely puzzled !

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Perhaps you are serious, I can not tell The Dreaded Ricoh pin on Ricoh lenses. I removed the pin for the first time from a Ricoh lens so it will not get stuck on my dSLRs.
this might help -

two things to watch for with certain third party older lenses:

" Several third party lens manufacturers produce or has produced lenses with a K-mount. There are no issues with current third party lenses in K-mount, but for older lenses there are two traps to watch out for:

The infamous "Ricoh pin". Where Pentax created the "KA" mount in order to support Program and Tv exposure automation, Ricoh had to create their own variant, which has a protruding pin placed in a somewhat unfortunate location, namely in the exact spot where Pentax years later placed the autofocus drive shaft. Such a Ricoh lens will get stuck when mounted on a Pentax autofocus body - the Ricoh pin will get lodged in the drive shaft and prevent the lens from being removed without deployment of finesse, patience and tools.

The other trap is the shield that protects the aperture stop down lever. The image to the left shows what the shield should look like and does look like on a genuine Pentax lens. Some older third party lenses have a much larger shield which prevents mounting the lens on a Pentax DSLR. Current third party lenses (Sigma, Tamron, Rokinon, etc.) have correctly shaped shields (or no shields) and pose no problem.

Read more at: The Evolution of the Pentax K-mount - Articles and Tips | PentaxForums.com

Last edited by aslyfox; 11-29-2018 at 07:03 AM.
11-29-2018, 06:57 AM - 2 Likes   #14711
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Cameras also do not require cat food and cat boxes, although most of them do require battery changes. :>)
11-29-2018, 07:16 AM   #14712
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Cameras also do not require cat food and cat boxes, although most of them do require battery changes. :>)
Thus my comment about them being cheaper...in addition to being less messy...
11-29-2018, 01:17 PM - 1 Like   #14713
Pentaxian

Another small job lot - teleconverters, tubes, hoods and caps.

For £14.99 I got two PK-fit x2 teleconverters, one Praktica bayonet fit converter with electrical contacts, a set of tubes for Minolta AF (which is what I was after when I bought the lot); focus confirm but no autofocus (which I knew up front), three front caps, six or seven rear caps, a couple of hoods, and an unbelievable amount of bubblewrap which is good because I have to post a 500mm lens some time soon...
11-30-2018, 11:06 AM - 1 Like   #14714
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got this EBC Fujinon-T 4.5 200mm lens M42 screw mount with a nice case for $10.00.
Lens and case are in great condition. Glass is clean...no haze, dust, fungus, or scratches.
Going to try it on my Lumix G7
Attached Images

11-30-2018, 01:47 PM   #14715
Pentaxian

Portobello Road produced a Zenit E (shutter fault) with a nice Helios 44-2, a Pentacon 50/1.8 with a polarizer (and unfortunately slight fungus), and a x2 M42 converter in good condition. Total spend £13, so I'm reasonably happy.