Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2018, 09:44 AM - 4 Likes   #14791
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A follow-up ... 135 on Pentax 67

Bonjour,

Here are some rapidly made images of that conversion kit for 135 film in a Pentax 67 ... I used a dead roll of color Fujifilm that probably came from one of my thrift store acquisitions. I have a baggie full of these dead rolls ... the "x" marks that it's a dead roll. I never develop stray rolls that end up in my thrift store finds ... I expose them and them keep them for testing purposes.

The first image is a lens-off one with a simulated MLU ... my 67 is not a MLU version, but if you put the speed dial between "X" and "1000", you are covered here. It's even explained in the manual, so I never quite get why everyone wants a MLU version so bad. Anyway, this long expired film lays relatively flat and I think that some newer (read "thick") B&W film will be just fine.

I will try to shoot B&W 135 some this weekend, if time and weather permits. So, stay tuned for these images here ...

Just FYI, the loading leader as installed and partially advance ... Cheers, J

12-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #14792
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
I have a B&W print on my wall dating from 1962. It is HMS Bounty II under Lions Gate Bridge in Vancouver BC.

To bring this into focus for you: I used a #2 orange filter to turn the exhaust fumes from the surrounding little boats into mist.
Beautiful photo!
It has the same allure of pictures taken long before, in the golden era of photography.
I would love to see the original.
Competent use of the red filter, my best compliments.
I realise that when I shot B/W film I almost never used the red filter, rarely the orange, and more often the yellow.
In hindsight, I should have used stronger filters in more occasions.
Well done, my friend, well done!

When the picture was shot I was four years old, and of course completely unaware of photography.
Though I remember being the subject of a good number of pictures. My aunt loved to take photos, always strictly following the rule of having the sun behind her, which meant that I was regularly blinded by the sun (the ritual always took place on the beach, under strong italian sun).
I don't have a single picture where I'm not blinking!
Somehow I managed not being too traumatised and after some time, at the age of 9/10 years old, I started roaming around with a Bencini 4.5x6 camera, with no light meter and no rangefinder, taking pictures of old men still wearing traditional cloths, old building, and anything else that attracted my attention.
I didn't know all that was part of a world that was rapidly fading. The old men with black capes were long gone before I reached 20.

---------- Post added 06-12-18 at 07:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
... conversion kit for 135 film in a Pentax 67 ...
It's the twin of my 6x7.
No MLU, wooden handle, brassing on the bottom.
What a GREAT camera!
Used a Pentacon Six, a late Bronica 6x6, an Hasselblad... nothing comes close. Maybe just the Mamiya 6x7, but I always found the Pentax more practical.
12-06-2018, 10:18 AM   #14793
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
The problem I'm seeing with using 35mm in a TLR is that you presumably have to take the film out in a darkroom, which makes things a bit tricky. Although given the non-standard format you need a darkroom anyway, I suppose.
You take the film out in a dark bag or a dark closet at night in the same way as loading a daylight developing tank. The same problem exists for running 35mm in the Pentax 6x7.

Steve
12-06-2018, 10:40 AM   #14794
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Beautiful photo!
It has the same allure of pictures taken long before, in the golden era of photography.
I would love to see the original.
Thanks! The original was taken by the contest. This print (reframed by my wife as a birthday gift some years ago) is all that I have left.
QuoteQuote:
Competent use of the red filter, my best compliments.
I realise that when I shot B/W film I almost never used the red filter, rarely the orange, and more often the yellow.
The filter was a #2 orange, not red. I didn't own a red at the time, but I'm sure it would have been even a bit better. I had only owned the camera for a year, having bought it in a pawn shop in 1961.
QuoteQuote:
In hindsight, I should have used stronger filters in more occasions.
Well done, my friend, well done!
Thanks again! I was just 22 years old at the time. I used that same camera and combination until the late 1970's I was quite impressed that MGM took a rank amateur's shot and gave it 2nd prize in Vancouver BC
QuoteQuote:
When the picture was shot I was four years old, and of course completely unaware of photography.
Though I remember being the subject of a good number of pictures. My aunt loved to take photos, always strictly following the rule of having the sun behind her, which meant that I was regularly blinded by the sun (the ritual always took place on the beach, under strong italian sun).
I don't have a single picture where I'm not blinking!
Somehow I managed not being too traumatised and after some time, at the age of 9/10 years old, I started roaming around with a Bencini 4.5x6 camera, with no light meter and no rangefinder, taking pictures of old men still wearing traditional cloths, old building, and anything else that attracted my attention.
I didn't know all that was part of a world that was rapidly fading. The old men with black capes were long gone before I reached 20.

---------- Post added 06-12-18 at 07:11 PM ----------

It's the twin of my 6x7.
No MLU, wooden handle, brassing on the bottom.
What a GREAT camera!
Used a Pentacon Six, a late Bronica 6x6, an Hasselblad... nothing comes close. Maybe just the Mamiya 6x7, but I always found the Pentax more practical.

12-06-2018, 11:01 AM - 4 Likes   #14795
Pentaxian

I am waiting for it right now. Should have been here already but the cranky delivery guy hasn't showed yet.

---------- Post added 06-12-18 at 20:48 ----------

The Cranky delivery guy had the day off, some other guy shoved a thing in my face to sign and gave me a box. This was in it:

It looks pristine except for some stuff going on on the edges of the rear element, which is why it was cheap. We'll see how it performs and whether it affects images.

There is even sort of a price tag on it:

286 dollars when I do a quick currency conversion

Last edited by D1N0; 12-06-2018 at 12:11 PM.
12-06-2018, 05:40 PM - 3 Likes   #14796
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I am waiting for it right now. Should have been here already but the cranky delivery guy hasn't showed yet.

---------- Post added 06-12-18 at 20:48 ----------

The Cranky delivery guy had the day off, some other guy shoved a thing in my face to sign and gave me a box. This was in it:

It looks pristine except for some stuff going on on the edges of the rear element, which is why it was cheap. We'll see how it performs and whether it affects images.

There is even sort of a price tag on it:

286 dollars when I do a quick currency conversion
Very nice. I got an FA28-105 on a working ZX-30 today. I was shocked, SHOCKED I tell you, that the ZX-30 appears to be fully functional.

12-07-2018, 01:55 AM - 1 Like   #14797
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You take the film out in a dark bag or a dark closet at night in the same way as loading a daylight developing tank. The same problem exists for running 35mm in the Pentax 6x7.

Steve
I will be using my dark bag and I am a bit glad that I bought a larger version ... the 67 is anything but small.

12-07-2018, 08:00 AM - 1 Like   #14798
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aurele Quote
Shopping spree : just won a vivitar 24mm f2 for a whooping 61€ (ship-in')
You know the moto : if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Well ... the moto is right ! The lens is full of fungus ! I will try to CLA it, but i never really done it so ...
12-07-2018, 09:05 AM   #14799
Pentaxian

Another job lot, the last I'm expecting this year - I was a bit iffy on bidding on it, and it isn't all good, but for £61 inc p&p I've got a Nikon 70-300 4-5.6 G and a Nikon 18-55 3.5-5.6G ED, both in good condition and working well, a Domiplan 2.8/50 and a Tessar 2.8/50 that work but have fungus, a Zeiss Ikophot meter in good condition, and half a dozen Canon FD fit lenses in varied condition. With luck the Nikon lenses will more than pay for it all, even with fungus the M42 lenses should fetch a tenner or so each, the FD stuff no idea - sometimes it sells well, more often the bidding stays low. Ditto the meter - German meters are collectible, but I don't think this one is especially rare. Won't be listing them until the new year anyway.
12-07-2018, 12:52 PM - 5 Likes   #14800
Pentaxian

I picked up a Ricoh Rikenon 50mm f/2 for about $4 today. Yes, four dollars!

That means that I now have half a dozen fifties. LBA, what's that?
12-07-2018, 12:54 PM - 4 Likes   #14801
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just won a Pentax HD DA 55-300mm ED WR for £122 (£130 inc. Postage) and am a very happy bunny. Next target, a 35mm limited
12-07-2018, 12:58 PM - 1 Like   #14802
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote

That Rikenon 50mm f/2 is a fine lens. One of my favourite manual 50s, optically speaking. At $4, it's an absolute steal! Nice catch
12-07-2018, 02:30 PM - 1 Like   #14803
Veteran Member

I paid about 10 bucks for mine and it is a nice rendering lens. Much better than my skill level when I got it, and probably a true statement as of today also.
12-07-2018, 06:00 PM - 2 Likes   #14804
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have one of those! It had a KR for a rear lens cap.
12-07-2018, 07:35 PM - 5 Likes   #14805
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My new soft focus lens.

My Pentax 67 120mm f 4.0 soft focus lens has arrived, as per attached photo. This was a great transaction with Roberts Used Photo Pro. I got it for only $185.25 after a 5% discount earned with a previous purchase. The lens condition appears to be New but out of box--not a scratch or speck of dust anywhere, looks totally unused. Here is a photo including my genuine Pentax 67-to-Pentax 645 adapter since I will be using this lens on the 645 Z and D and maybe N. This one of the smallest and lightest 67 lenses, and outside the soft focus zone it closes down to f 22.0, so it may even have some landscape possibilities. We shall see.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo