Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
12-24-2018, 03:19 PM - 1 Like   #14986
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
That’s some colorful webbing.
I think the Cosina has an affinity for blue - the webbing is blue, but a bit more muted than that shot....

12-24-2018, 04:15 PM - 1 Like   #14987
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
a new Peak Designs Slide came in for Christmas

Great Camera strap!! I have one on my K-1.

Merry Christmas.
12-24-2018, 09:07 PM - 1 Like   #14988

Photos: Albums
An interesting little packaged which was delivered by Canada Post on a Sunday. I burned out the fungus (none internal) on the lens with hydrogen peroxide. However, I may need to use some ammonia to eliminate the "shadow" of the fungus on the glass.
Attached Images

12-24-2018, 10:47 PM   #14989
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
ever sent anyone to fetch a left handed monkey wrench, an idiot stick, a length of shore line or a pail of steam ?

A long weight.

12-25-2018, 08:22 AM - 2 Likes   #14990
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

wow - that just happened: a Mamiya Macro Sekor 60mm f2.8 is on the way....

this is the lens I've been curious about since mounting the M42 adapter on my K-5 IIs....
12-25-2018, 08:31 AM   #14991
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

wow - that just happened: a Mamiya Macro Sekor 60mm f2.8 is on the way....

this is the lens I've been curious about since mounting the M42 adapter on my K-5 IIs....
Congratulations, nice lens. It has good reviews on the Forum: Mamiya Sekor / Yashinon Tomioka 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database Good luck and happy shooting!
12-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #14992
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Congratulations, nice lens. It has good reviews on the Forum: Mamiya Sekor / Yashinon Tomioka 60mm f2.8 Macro Lens Reviews - Miscellaneous Lenses - Pentax Lens Review Database Good luck and happy shooting!

thank you - it's going to be a good year, this 2019!

12-26-2018, 03:18 PM   #14993
Veteran Member

How about an "I almost acquired....."?

On the website for the local camera dealers they have a "pre-owned" section, and looking it through it last week I spotted they had listed a Tamron 35080 f2.8 SP macro lens which said it suited Pentax. These were one of the Adaptall lenses that you purchased the camera mount seperately to the lens so you could use it over different bodies.

Anyway I went into the shop at crack of sparrows yesterday, the nice bloke behind the counter got the lens and although it looked in good condition it just would not fit on the K100D body I'd taken with me. It seemed to have trouble aligning and then it would only turn a short distance before stopping, so it would not lock into place.

It's a shame as it was a bargain price and would have been a great manual lens for what I was planning to do, but I wan't going to risk it.
12-26-2018, 03:57 PM - 1 Like   #14994
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
it just would not fit on the K100D body I'd taken with me. It seemed to have trouble aligning and then it would only turn a short distance before stopping, so it would not lock into place.
I bet it was actually a nikon mount. That is exactly how they are on a Pentax.
12-26-2018, 08:18 PM   #14995
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
I bet it was actually a nikon mount. That is exactly how they are on a Pentax.
Thanks for that, very interesting. It appeared to have "PK" on the mount but while I am used to seeing a red spot for aligning the lens this had a green spot. I don't know if that is relevant but I'll bow to your experience
12-26-2018, 08:55 PM - 1 Like   #14996
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Did it have a generous flange near the aperture activating lever? This can also prevent mounting on recent bodies. But can be modified or removed completely.
12-27-2018, 03:47 AM - 1 Like   #14997
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Liney Quote
How about an "I almost acquired....."?

On the website for the local camera dealers they have a "pre-owned" section, and looking it through it last week I spotted they had listed a Tamron 35080 f2.8 SP macro lens which said it suited Pentax. These were one of the Adaptall lenses that you purchased the camera mount seperately to the lens so you could use it over different bodies.

Anyway I went into the shop at crack of sparrows yesterday, the nice bloke behind the counter got the lens and although it looked in good condition it just would not fit on the K100D body I'd taken with me. It seemed to have trouble aligning and then it would only turn a short distance before stopping, so it would not lock into place.

It's a shame as it was a bargain price and would have been a great manual lens for what I was planning to do, but I wan't going to risk it.

if it was an Adaptall lens, it doesn't matter what mount is on it - you can change it to a K or KA in a couple of seconds...

if you were serious about it, go back and take another look...
12-27-2018, 07:48 PM   #14998
Veteran Member

if it was an Adaptall lens, it doesn't matter what mount is on it - you can change it to a K or KA in a couple of seconds...

if you were serious about it, go back and take another look...
I don't know how much an Adaptall adaptor would be for the Pentax, but for a lens costing less than a $100 searching and finding the correct mount would add time and cost. To be honest I was only taking a passing interest, so I don't think I'll be going back.

On another topic I picked up a second hand Sigma 28-90 macro lens this morning from a local "we'll buy your stuff off you for cash" chain store. $60 and it really just needs a bit of a clean, although I was looking at another lens they had (Tokina 60-300) but again this one didn't want to fit on the K100D body and had a dodgy aperture movement.

Perhaps it's worth starting a thread on purchasing second hand lenses, things to look out for etc. Alternatively do we have a thread with more information on lens mounts and why they don't want to fit. The Tokina had markings on the body end and cap of "SA / PfK" as does the Sigma that I ended up getting.
12-27-2018, 07:55 PM - 3 Likes   #14999
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

K-mounts for Adaptall lenses are usually $20 or less - if you want the KA-mount, that's where the scarcity and 'A' functionality drive up the price....

I'm pretty sure there are a few in the Marketplace here, plus a wanted ad usually will turn up several...

and a quick search turns up several second-hand lens threads:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/search.php?searchid=33833113&cx=partner-...&q=second+hand
12-28-2018, 11:53 AM - 3 Likes   #15000
Pentaxian

Got a local camera store gift card for Xmas from my son and bought with the proceeds...a B+W UV F Pro glass filter for my Xmas gift lens from my lovely wife...the Pentax DF A 100.

I repeat 100mm, not 1000mm ...Macro lens.

With the funds remaining in the Xmas gift card, I bought a San Disk memory card for the K1.