Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-26-2019, 01:54 PM   #15241
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Sliver-Surfer Quote
I had a damaged front filter ring on a lens, small part broken and bent inward:

oops, my lens has a boo boo - Page 2 - PentaxForums.com

my local brick and mortar store salesman used something similar to push the bent section outward so we could mount a filter

now that it has been realigned I have no problem taking filters on and off.

good luck

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-26-2019 at 02:00 PM.
01-26-2019, 02:01 PM   #15242
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks. I ordered one of those kits. Good deal as I also have the 645-A 45-85 to work on.

---------- Post added 01-26-19 at 04:01 PM ----------

Thanks. I ordered one of those kits. Good deal as I also have the 645-A 45-85 to work on.
01-26-2019, 02:28 PM - 2 Likes   #15243
Veteran Member

Been on a bit of a binge this week. Picked up. Fuji X-E3 with grip , a Fuji X-Pro2 with grip, leather half case and 2 spare batteries and a Rokinon 12mm f2.0 . .....I think it is time to start parting with some older stuff ...or buy more shelving
01-26-2019, 02:46 PM - 1 Like   #15244
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Lens three in the Panagor mini collection:

The internet says Panagors are made by Kino precision, but I doubt that. Kino may have made Panagors but I think the 28mm F2.8 is a Komine. This one (and the 135mm F2.8) Look suspisciously much like mamiya sekor lenses. http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_2537.html#prettyPhoto

Last edited by D1N0; 01-26-2019 at 03:35 PM.
01-26-2019, 02:47 PM - 1 Like   #15245
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
'titles' within the threads do not show up in mobile apps...
Yes thanks for the heads up....
01-26-2019, 03:02 PM   #15246
Pentaxian

The only Panagor lens I've ever had was a 300mm F5.6 Mirror - and I was "not impressed" with "anything", and so sold on for not a lot of money
01-26-2019, 03:12 PM - 2 Likes   #15247
Pentaxian

I promised myself that I would concentrate only on my beloved short preset teles, preferably Soligor, Komura or Nissin/Sankor made ones.
I'd like to find the super fast ones, or at least as fast as possible... but the fast ones don't come cheap, so my hope lies on the occasional stroke of luck.
I just received a Spiratone Tc 1:2.5 105mm, Sankor made, preset, beautiful zebra livery, highly valued as a portrait lens.
It comes in Nikon T-2 mount, so I have to wait for a cheap chinese PK T-mount adapter that should arrive quite soon.
It is really like new, despite the old age. It looks almost unused.
I was the sole bidder cause the item was badly described: the title of the auction mentioned only the Spiratone tele extender that was attached to the main lens, no reference to the most valuable part of the bundle, the objective itself!
I can't wait to get the mount, so I can try the lens and see if it deserves all the praises I've read online.

I didn't look for this zoom on purpose, I just came across it by chance.
I told myself I really didn't need it, and should have refrained from bidding.
I found the excuse that I would bid so low, that i was practically sure it would sell for more.
Unexpectedly it didn't happen. So now I'm waiting for one of the few vintage zooms I wanted to buy in the past, but for a reason or another never materialised.
After I rationalised that I really don't need it, it came almost by itself And it's even in PKA mount!

Vivitar Series 1 f/2.8-3.5 28-90mm

From the reviews on this site it seems it's one of the best "standard" zooms of its time.
When the illumination is very low AF zooms start to hunt. Both my "silver" Pentax-FA f/3.2-4.5 28-105mm screwdrive, and my Sigma f/2.8 24-70mm HSM, hunt like crazy at night, especially with fast moving subjects.
If I have to resort to manual focus, I prefer to use a responsive, well damped focusing ring of an MF zoom..
Well, I guess that next time I'll find this kind of conditions the Vivitar could be prove useful.
At the long end is longer than the Sigma, and should match the IQ of the Pentax... at least from what I found in the reviews.
I hope all the positive reviews will be confirmed by practice...

I suggest to use a micro-bubble plastic foil, and a screw clamp/fastener around the perimeter of the filter thread, to avoid deforming the barrel. That filter thread vise can really push hard. Better counteract its force with something holding off on the outside.
It's an interesting instrument, I have one in Italy and one in Thailand
It's really needed to open a bent lens from the front, but it must be used very gently. First time I used it I exaggerated

Last edited by cyberjunkie; 01-26-2019 at 03:51 PM.
01-26-2019, 03:27 PM - 1 Like   #15248
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
I promised myself that I would concentrate only on my beloved short preset teles, preferably Soligor, Komura or Nissin/Sankor made ones.
I'd like to find the super fast ones, or at least as fast as possible... but the fast ones don't come cheap, so my hope lies on the occasional stroke of luck.
I just received a Spiratone Tc 1:2.5 105mm, Sankor made, preset, beautiful zebra livery, highly valued as a portrait lens.
It comes in Nikon T-2 mount, so I have to wait for a cheap chinese PK T-mount adapter that should arrive quite soon.
It is really like new, despite the old age. It looks almost unused.
I was the sole bidder cause the item was badly described: the title of the auction mentioned only the Spiratone tele extender that was attached to the main lens, no reference to the most valuable part of the bundle, the objective itself!
I can't wait to get the mount, so I can try the lens and see if it deserves all the praises I've read online.

I didn't look for zooms on purpose, I just came across it by chance. I should have refrained from bidding, but chose to bid low, almost sure it would sell for more.
It didn't happen, and now I'm waiting for one of the most interesting vintage zooms (and i's even in PKA mount!):

Vivitar Series 1 f/2.8-3.5 28-90mm

From the reviews on this site it seems it's one of the best "standard" zooms of its time.
When the illumination is very low AF zooms start to hunt. Both my "silver" Pentax-FA f/3.2-4.5 28-105mm screwdrive, and my Sigma f/2.8 24-70mm HSM, hunt like crazy at night, with fast moving subjects. If I have to use manual focus I prefer to use a responsive, well damped focusing ring.
Next time I'll find this kind of conditions the Vivitar could be prove useful.
At the long end is longer than the Sigma, and should match the IQ of the Pentax... at least from what I found in the reviews.
I hope it's all true...
Congratulations! Did you notice that I got my Pentax 67 75mm f 2,8!
01-26-2019, 04:04 PM - 2 Likes   #15249
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Not really an acquisition. I found three cameras today as I was going through a cupboard looking to make shelf space for some cameras...

A Polaroid SX-70, a Welta Superflex, and a Kodak Pocket Instamatic 60.

Attachment 438463

Attachment 438464

These were my father's uncle's cameras and I didn't even know they were there.
01-26-2019, 08:09 PM - 2 Likes   #15250
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

@gofour3

SMC PENTAX 1:4/150 Mint with caps - $70. Haven’t seen one of these before. I suppose I should cave and look for the two K primes I’m missing. I just don’t care about owning the zooms or the Reflexes.

.:

Last edited by monochrome; 01-26-2019 at 08:32 PM.
01-26-2019, 09:20 PM - 2 Likes   #15251
Veteran Member

Arrrgg I don't want to spend money but there is a world scale conspiracy which principal objective is to empty my wallet.
How on Earth am I supposed to say no to a used Manfrotto 190XB + 804RC2 for 25$cad?

Edit: Someone snagged it before I came back to buy it. Serve me well...
On a positive note, while I was heading back to the car (disappointed), I've found a pristine Gillette Fatboy 1960 for cheap. *thumbs up

Last edited by Helios 1984; 01-27-2019 at 11:35 PM.
01-26-2019, 09:43 PM - 1 Like   #15252
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 1984 Quote
Arrrgg I don't want to spend money but there is a world scale conspiracy which principal objective is to empty my wallet.
How on Earth am I supposed to say no to a used Manfrotto 190XB + 804RC2 for 25$cad?
What is that word "no"? I have never heard it in the throes of LBA (or in my case HBA*).

* Hymnal buying addiction.
01-27-2019, 01:22 AM   #15253
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
Congratulations! Did you notice that I got my Pentax 67 75mm f 2,8!
Yes, I did.
I always keep an eye on this thread
Nice catch!
The only 6x7 wide angle I have is the old 55mm frying pan.
I have a special liking for the 120mm soft focus. I shot the best portraits ever with that lens.

cheers
Paolo
01-27-2019, 02:02 AM   #15254
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by cyberjunkie Quote
Yes, I did.
I always keep an eye on this thread
Nice catch!
The only 6x7 wide angle I have is the old 55mm frying pan.
I have a special liking for the 120mm soft focus. I shot the best portraits ever with that lens.

cheers
Paolo
Frying pan is the 67-55/4.0? I love that lens on the K-1. It is wide angle, but on the K-1 MFD seems to be only about 10 inches, and it makes a marvellous close-up lens for my flower photography. The sharpness, color, and rendering make it a real delight, but I cannot wait to try the 67-75/2.8 on the flowers.
01-27-2019, 10:07 AM - 2 Likes   #15255

I just won a K-r + kit lens on ebay for a very good price. It was advertised as "For parts or not working", because:
"When turn on flickering noise, would be easy to fix, other than that works fine and takes amazing photos.".

Fingers crossed the seller just didn't know what sensor shake dust removal is. Apparently the K-r is quite vigorous in it's application...