Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
received my filters:

58mm B+W 2x (0.3) F-Pro MRC Solid Neutral Density Filter [1-stop]
58mm Marumi Exus 58mm Professional Digital Circular Polarizer

49mm B+W 2x (0.3) F-Pro MRC Solid Neutral Density Filter [1-stop]
49mm B+W 8x (0.9) F-Pro MRC Solid Neutral Density Filter [3-stop]

and luggage tags for a medical device for when I fly which cites the regulation allows me to carry onto the planet without it counting as a "carry on " item

Last edited by aslyfox; 02-14-2019 at 02:03 PM.
02-14-2019, 02:11 PM   #15377
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
..and luggage tags for a medical device for when I fly which cites the regulation allows me to carry onto the planet without it counting as a "carry on " item
SWMBO is a Type 1 diabetic and needs to carry such "stuff" - so would appreciate any links to that (presumably IATA?) regulation?

Thanks in advance.
02-14-2019, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #15378
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery

02-14-2019, 02:38 PM - 1 Like   #15379
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Just picked up a K-5ii -- New old stock with an 18-55mm DA WR lens (like I haven't had 3 or 4 copies of that one before). The price was right and I always liked the 16.3 mp sensor that was also in my old K-50...It has nice pop to it and I figure with the sale of my K-1 ii, I managed to pick up a K-3ii w/ new Battery grip, the K-5ii w/said lens and I still have $1,000 to play with. Maybe i'll buy a used K-1...,I'll have a lot to do on e-bay, but before that, I'm going to change out my signature pic and add the two new bodies....I guess I'm totally invested in APS-C Pentax now, Huh?

02-14-2019, 02:48 PM   #15380
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
SWMBO is a Type 1 diabetic and needs to carry such "stuff" - so would appreciate any links to that (presumably IATA?) regulation?

Thanks in advance.
PM sent, let me know if you don't get it
02-14-2019, 03:18 PM - 3 Likes   #15381
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
No acquisitions, but finished making stops for the weird Itorex 50mm f40 thing and took it out for a walk. I think it's even less sharp than the first one I had! Truly horrible bit of kit, but if you want blurry with lots of colour fringing and added unsharpness it's possibly the lens for you. I'll post the pictures in a day or two.
02-14-2019, 03:33 PM - 2 Likes   #15382
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
PM sent, let me know if you don't get it
Thx, got the (several) PM(s) and replied (hopefully!) - solution is still TBD .

---------- Post added 02-14-19 at 10:39 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
Just picked up a K-5ii -- New old stock with an 18-55mm DA WR lens (like I haven't had 3 or 4 copies of that one before). The price was right and I always liked the 16.3 mp sensor that was also in my old K-50...It has nice pop to it and I figure with the sale of my K-1 ii, I managed to pick up a K-3ii w/ new Battery grip, the K-5ii w/said lens and I still have $1,000 to play with. Maybe i'll buy a used K-1...,I'll have a lot to do on e-bay, but before that, I'm going to change out my signature pic and add the two new bodies....I guess I'm totally invested in APS-C Pentax now, Huh?
APS-C for me - current Pentax FF (AKA K-1/K1 II) is too heavy for me.

02-14-2019, 05:08 PM   #15383
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
My best customer return from Amazon was a credenza for my desk that listed for about C$245. 4 shelves plus two drawers and the top of the credenza holds my JBL 26 speakers nicely. C$86 shipped. The cardboard back cover was scratched. It faces the wall at the back of my desk.
Excellent!

Many Amazon Warehouse items are new/like new and often buyer's remorse returns.
Condition is always mentioned in listing and is usually accurate.

My only bad purchase was for a hand truck in "Used, very good" condition.
It was indeed well used, or dragged behind a truck perhaps.
I returned for a full refund, shipping included.

Chris
02-15-2019, 03:01 AM - 1 Like   #15384
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Received another Mamiya lens

I have recently been collecting C Series, Mamiya-Sekor medium format lenses, and now have about six of them. These all can be used with adapter on K-1, but not on 645 series owing to incompatible registry distances. A few have arrived without back caps, so I also ordered a batch of these caps.

Shown here is my most recent Mamiya C addition, the Mamiya-Sekor SF145mm f 4.0 soft focus lens. As with all lenses in the C series, this is a very well engineered and constructed all-metal lens. It is a more sophisticated, or at least more complex, lens than the Pentax soft series lenses either in K mount or 67 mount. The degree of softness is set by a combination of two factors--(1) a softness setting which alters the positions of two internal lens elements and (2) by setting a larger or smaller f stop in the manner of the Pentax lenses. This means that you can first set the degree of softness at one of four specific levels, and then fine tune this softness level by altering the aperture. There is also a setting to permit using the lens as a standard 145mm lens.

As a general comment, I became addicted to the Mamiya C series by my initial acquisition of the Mamiya-Sekor C 80mm f 1.9 lens, supposedly the fastest medium format lens ever developed commercially, said by some to be equivalent in focal performance to a 135 format lens of around f 0.7 or 0.8 and with such a narrow focal plane that it is a real challenge to focus when wide open. As a very general assessment, the Mamiya C series offers good to excellent optical performance at very reasonable prices, though comparable or better optical performance is available at most focal lengths in both Pentax K mount and 645 mount. These lenses offer a good value proposition for those who prefer, like, or can tolerate manual focus, the weight of a heavier lens, and who appreciate the tactile pleasure of well-designed all-metal lens construction. Anybody who likes Pentax M lenses will understand. I do not know whether the 80/1.9 can be remounted for the Pentax 645 series, but would be interested in hearing thoughts on this matter.

Sorry to be so long winded, but there it is.

Shown in photo: back cap, lens, non-Mamiya front cap, and M645-to-K mount adapter.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
02-15-2019, 06:40 AM - 2 Likes   #15385
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
I have recently been collecting C Series, Mamiya-Sekor medium format lenses...

man... I don't need another line of lenses to watch for...

(:
02-15-2019, 06:55 AM   #15386
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
man... I don't need another line of lenses to watch for...

(:
There are lots of them out there!
02-15-2019, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #15387
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ivanvernon Quote
There are lots of them out there!

yeah - I know!

another lens line may necessitate another camera body to dedicate to them..... the rabbit hole isn't just deep, but W I D E....
02-15-2019, 07:09 AM - 2 Likes   #15388
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

stop it

Stop It

Please

I do not your help to get into trouble

cameras, lenses, equipment

it never ends
02-15-2019, 07:41 AM - 4 Likes   #15389
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
yeah - I know!

another lens line may necessitate another camera body to dedicate to them..... the rabbit hole isn't just deep, but W I D E....
Worse, those deep and wide collections need camera bags, travel cases, and camera cabinets. Where does it all go??? And then all the single-in- challenges force one to take more pictures to justify the gear. Where do all the images go???

Soon, one needs to buy a new house to have more room for the gear and more wall space for the photos.
02-15-2019, 07:53 AM   #15390
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photoptimist Quote
Worse, those deep and wide collections need camera bags, travel cases, and camera cabinets. Where does it all go??? And then all the single-in- challenges force one to take more pictures to justify the gear. Where do all the images go???

Soon, one needs to buy a new house to have more room for the gear and more wall space for the photos.
Progress ????

in the past

want to come over and see the movie we made on vacation ?

now

here is the link so you can see the photos I have put on line