Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2019, 01:43 PM   #15811
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Guess where I just got back from.........
fed ex, or UPS or USPS

to pick up a package with " good stuff " inside ?

04-02-2019, 01:51 PM   #15812
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Riconar vs XR Rikenon

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
The Rikenon is just a bonus.

I have always been curious about that model.

Chris
04-02-2019, 01:55 PM - 4 Likes   #15813
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
fed ex, or UPS or USPS

to pick up a package with " good stuff " inside ?
KEH - wonderful service. Got a T-Shirt too. New Sigma 12-24 DG (FF).
04-02-2019, 02:02 PM   #15814
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
I have always been curious about that model.

Chris
I guess it's the same as the Riconar that's in the lens database

04-02-2019, 02:54 PM   #15815
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

KEH - wonderful service. Got a T-Shirt too. New Sigma 12-24 DG (FF).
it is nice to have a local shop to go to
04-02-2019, 03:09 PM   #15816
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
it is nice to have a local shop to go to
No shopping, order online and pick up next day at reception desk. Still, when you need it the next day its a nice option.
04-02-2019, 03:53 PM   #15817
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I guess it's the same as the Riconar that's in the lens database.

Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps you'll let us know?

Chris

04-02-2019, 03:54 PM   #15818
Pentaxian

Well, I just got my new (to me) Tokina 17/3.5 today. It's the widest FF lens I have....now.
I hope you love it as much as I love mine. Please show us a few shots when you get busy with it.

I used mine for fifteen years on a Pentax LX with fine-grain high contrast slide film (like Fujichrome 50) and I loved the pics that I had. If I had a slide scanner I would post some pics here. No flare problems (rare for a UWA) as long as the sun was well out of shot, brilliant colours and really sharp. I always used a quality UV filter, or occasionally a graduated ND. Nothing quite as spectacular now I have a K-70, the perspectives don't work as dramatically on the smaller sensor.
04-02-2019, 04:07 PM   #15819
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Maybe, maybe not. Perhaps you'll let us know?

Chris
of course I will
04-02-2019, 04:33 PM - 2 Likes   #15820
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
I hope you love it as much as I love mine. Please show us a few shots when you get busy with it.

I used mine for fifteen years on a Pentax LX with fine-grain high contrast slide film (like Fujichrome 50) and I loved the pics that I had. If I had a slide scanner I would post some pics here. No flare problems (rare for a UWA) as long as the sun was well out of shot, brilliant colours and really sharp. I always used a quality UV filter, or occasionally a graduated ND. Nothing quite as spectacular now I have a K-70, the perspectives don't work as dramatically on the smaller sensor.
Thanks. I'm planning on using it this weekend at an event. I was planning on using my new Sigma 12-24 DG from KEH but its defective so I will now find out how friendly KEH is when there is a problem.....
04-02-2019, 04:34 PM - 1 Like   #15821
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Pelican im2700 Storm Case with padded Dividers (Yellow) from B&H. $50 instant savings, free shipping.
It was cheaper buying new than getting it used on ebay. The padded dividers bought separately are $130.
Its going to be my hard case for photo equipment when driving around. Just outgrew a backpack. Will use the backpack when I wander away from the truck.
The hardcase is watertight, crushproof and air tight which the backpack isn't. After seeing a Bison blast through a snow bank and just about take out another photographer, I decided to get serious.
04-02-2019, 09:53 PM   #15822
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

to go with the Fujinon 55 that'll be here next week, a Rokinon 85/1.4....
04-02-2019, 11:32 PM - 1 Like   #15823
Pentaxian

A extra Ricoh DB-65 battery just came in today...a spare for my recently acquired Ricoh GR ll. BTW, I'm enjoying this little mighty mite of a camera quite a bit. So easy to carry around, in it's bag, in my jacket pocket, or attached to my belt in the same bag.

It is nice to have a camera with me on a daily basis, just in case I come across something photographable ...if that, in fact, is a word.
04-03-2019, 01:38 AM - 3 Likes   #15824
Pentaxian

Just arrived:
04-03-2019, 02:31 AM - 3 Likes   #15825
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Wee Overdue Update

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
Ok it's taken a while to report back through various working stuff getting in the way, so my apologies, but your laugh at my stupidly when you read on, a case of you "can't see the wood for the trees".

I managed to find a major problem with the Platypod and didn't want to confess... I've also been as "thick as mince" in resolving the issue.

What I couldn't do, was portrait mode i.e. tipping the camera over sideways, two reasons... the first being unless you have a really tall ball head there's not enough space, between the camera and the Platypod. Secondly, it unbalances the whole set up, even you tip it with the longer side the same as the camera, the Platypod "seesaws" off the floor.

I'm not to start carrying rocks or bricks about with me as ballast.

Today I had a light bulb moment... while reading a totally unrelated article, about this particular landscape photographer, which "sorted it" for me...

Duh... use an L bracket...

Now to find a suitable one for use with a K1 c/w grip and a RRS Ball Head. Long story short, there doesn't seem to be a custom version made for a K1 with grip, Well at least I couldn't find one, without spending more time than I was prepared to do on the internet. However; I'm pleased to report that I have a 3 Legged Thing QR11 Universal L-Bracket (QR11-FBG, Grey) winging it's from Amazon to me as we speak and all being well... to be closely pursued by a RRS BH-55 Pro ball head/B2 Pro II Clamp, happy days.

Here's a link to my review of the Platypod Max... Platypod Max reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Here's a link to my review of the L Bracket... 3 LEGGED THING L-BRACKET, UNIVERSAL reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

Here's a link to my review of the Ball Head... Really Right Stuff BH-55 Pro with B2 Pro II Clamp reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Just realised I hadn't posted a picture of the finished combo and it's all working fine... so here it all is (please excuse the quick grab shot from the iPhone).
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPhone X  Photo 

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 04-03-2019 at 07:12 AM.