Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20312 Likes Search this Thread
04-03-2019, 02:39 AM   #15826
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I managed to find a major problem with the Platypod and didn't want to confess... I've also been as "thick as mince" in resolving the issue.
KerrowDown: the kit looks great now, but I wish you would have quoted a famous Scot (Ian Anderson) by stating you've been "Thick as a Brick" in resolving the issue. Jethro Tull would have enjoyed the prop up....

04-03-2019, 02:45 AM   #15827
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Merv-O Quote
KerrowDown: the kit looks great now, but I wish you would have quoted a famous Scot (Ian Anderson) by stating you've been "Thick as a Brick" in resolving the issue. Jethro Tull would have enjoyed the prop up....
Thanks, I did meet him once... he had interests in a Salmon business here in Inverness at one time.
04-03-2019, 03:09 AM - 3 Likes   #15828
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From a few weeks ago at my thrift store ... the best for first. I saw the unopened APS-C film first in the "junk" camera bin which was 0.50€ and a compact camera in 35mm upside down. When I turned it over, I saw the big red dot. Yup, a very nice and working Leica Mini II for 1 euro (see price mark on flash window) ... Bingo and score!

So excited, I put a new battery in it and an old roll of gifted Kodak 400 color film. Shot the roll in a half hour and developed that night ... happy camper and a roll of Fomapan 100 is being shot now.

Sample image of Kodak 400 color film developed in Rodinal ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 04-03-2019 at 04:33 AM. Reason: typoo
04-03-2019, 03:27 AM   #15829
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thanks, I did meet him once... he had interests in a Salmon business here in Inverness at one time.
yes--he is a Salmon distributor--an odd profession for a rock singer, yet Ian has always been eclectic. I've had the good fortune of meeting him several times and actually been to a few dozen of his shows (most recent was 3 weeks ago at the Ocean Resort in Atlantic City, NJ)....a most interesting and cheeky fellow I might add.

04-03-2019, 03:54 AM - 2 Likes   #15830
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Yesterday I got a free ticket ( well, it did cost a single dollar ) to the Phillies vs. Royals May 10, 2019

KC gave a free ticket voucher to those who had obtained a ticket for Opening Day through the MLB club -

" You . . . received this message because you purchased tickets to the Royals Opening Day game on Thursday, March 28. "

" Thank You for supporting the Royals!

Thank you for supporting your Kansas City Royals! We appreciate our fans that showed up on Opening Day, as you saw less than perfect weather conditions to cheer on your team. To show you how much we appreciate your dedication to the Royals organization we would like to offer you an opportunity to come out to another "

they announced their intention to do so during the rain delayed Opening Game on March 28
04-03-2019, 04:00 AM - 1 Like   #15831
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aslyfox Quote
Yesterday I got a free ticket ( well, it did cost a single dollar ) to the Phillies vs. Royals May 10, 2019

KC gave a free ticket voucher to those who had obtained a ticket for Opening Day through the MLB club -

" You . . . received this message because you purchased tickets to the Royals Opening Day game on Thursday, March 28. "

" Thank You for supporting the Royals!

Thank you for supporting your Kansas City Royals! We appreciate our fans that showed up on Opening Day, as you saw less than perfect weather conditions to cheer on your team. To show you how much we appreciate your dedication to the Royals organization we would like to offer you an opportunity to come out to another "

they announced their intention to do so during the rain delayed Opening Game on March 28
Well, at least you get to see the Phillies! 🙂
04-03-2019, 04:04 AM - 3 Likes   #15832
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Free gas fill up

I pulled into a Get-Go service station operated by Giant Eagle supermarket. As I prepared to fill up, a lady approached to offer me a free tank fill-up coupon! I got almost 12 gallons of regular for free!

04-03-2019, 04:09 AM - 1 Like   #15833
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Well, at least you get to see the Phillies! ��
I wonder if Harper will play or DH

I am sitting beyond 1st Base: Section 140, Row D, seat 7

Opening Day I was taking photos from Rivals in Right Field and from Section 115, Row U, seat 12 ( aisle )

gives me the opportunity to practice my meager skills for the two games we will see in June when the Cubs play the Rockies
Attached Images

04-03-2019, 04:53 AM   #15834
Pentaxian

A few more scores from the thrift store ... for 3€ each, a nice, working Nikon L35 AF and a bit rough but working Ricoh 500 RF. The Nikon has a test roll in it which will be finished soon.

Plus for 7€ some Fujica gear. The 55/1.8 is broken and I cannot test the body for lack of batteries. I really bought this for the Jupiter 11A and its hood plus front cap. I have another 11A, but it's really beat up bad ... so, a much nicer one here.

04-03-2019, 05:48 AM - 1 Like   #15835
Forum Member

Just realised I hadn't posted a picture of the finished combo and it's all working fine... so here it all is (please excuse the quick grab shot from the iPhone).
May I ask where you got the L bracket?
04-03-2019, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #15836
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by brettday Quote
May I ask where you got the L bracket?
No problem, as I mentioned in my original post... "Now to find a suitable one for use with a K1 c/w grip and a RRS Ball Head. Long story short, there doesn't seem to be a custom version made for a K1 with grip, Well at least I couldn't find one, without spending more time than I was prepared to do on the internet. However; I'm pleased to report that I have a 3 Legged Thing QR11 Universal L-Bracket (QR11-FBG, Grey) winging it's from Amazon"

Here's a link to my review 3 LEGGED THING L-BRACKET, UNIVERSAL reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
04-03-2019, 06:23 AM   #15837
Forum Member

No problem, as I mentioned in my original post... "Now to find a suitable one for use with a K1 c/w grip and a RRS Ball Head. Long story short, there doesn't seem to be a custom version made for a K1 with grip, Well at least I couldn't find one, without spending more time than I was prepared to do on the internet. However; I'm pleased to report that I have a 3 Legged Thing QR11 Universal L-Bracket (QR11-FBG, Grey) winging it's from Amazon"

Here's a link to my review 3 LEGGED THING L-BRACKET, UNIVERSAL reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database
Awesome. Thank you so much for sharing. I was wondering if it was a universal bracket. I appreciate you telling me.
04-03-2019, 06:32 AM   #15838
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by brettday Quote
I was wondering if it was a universal bracket
It had to be a universal, as I couldn't find a custom bracket for a K1 with a grip fitted.

But this one seems to work just fine for my needs, it wasn't an expensive either at $60.00

Last edited by Kerrowdown; 04-03-2019 at 12:34 PM.
04-03-2019, 10:43 AM - 2 Likes   #15839
Pentaxian

Just arrived today (Yes, SDM is working!) all this for just south of 300$ (Was my last LBA...Yes it was)

Last edited by Jome; 04-17-2019 at 12:34 PM.
04-03-2019, 11:13 AM - 2 Likes   #15840
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

SDM

When you first hear about it, SDM sounds like some kind of disease. Then you get used to it and you like it. Then it breaks, and it begins to sound like a disease again. $250 at Keh to fix my F DA 90mm f 2.8 SDM, but now I like it again.