Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20314 Likes Search this Thread
06-12-2019, 10:36 PM - 1 Like   #16381
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
also received today The Miranda Sensorex…..arrived in very good condition....have not given it a complete run over yet everything seems fine with the exception of the light meter but that may be a proper battery issue.....have not played with the interchangeable viewfinder prism aspect yet and the main reason for getting this particular camera.....if it works out I will be on the lookout for the proper waist-level viewfinder.....be very neat to shoot that way with a 35mm body and is the wonderful allure for me shooting with TLRs
Last year I bought a Senomat RE for the same reason but haven't used it yet due to the focusing being a bit off. I will probably need to take it apart a bit to find the source of that problem. The WL finder is pretty cool though.

06-13-2019, 03:37 AM - 1 Like   #16382
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Aaron28 Quote
Takumar 135/f2.5 (8 blade variety) from right here on PF marketplace...….super clean and great condition......shoots wonderfully on the K-50

also received today The Miranda Sensorex…..arrived in very good condition....have not given it a complete run over yet everything seems fine with the exception of the light meter but that may be a proper battery issue.....have not played with the interchangeable viewfinder prism aspect yet and the main reason for getting this particular camera.....if it works out I will be on the lookout for the proper waist-level viewfinder.....be very neat to shoot that way with a 35mm body and is the wonderful allure for me shooting with TLRs
I used to use my LX as a waist level camera by just removing the viewfinder-eyepiece and looking straight down on the focusing screen. Set a 28mm or 40mm lens on f8 and no need to worry about focus.

I also have a very old Argus Seventy five TLR that takes large format film, but it was not as sharp as my Voigtlander Bessa with the similar film.
06-13-2019, 04:47 AM - 1 Like   #16383
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just received a 500mm Rokinon mirror lens that was on sale at KEH for $27. I always wanted to play with a mirror lens, will probably be disappointed by the lack of contrast and difficulty in focusing. But the thought is it might be okay for moon shots, and possibly decent hummingbird photos on a tripod, prefocused on our feeders. Even with the 55-300 it's hard to get hummingbirds that aren't very heavily cropped.
06-13-2019, 05:39 AM - 1 Like   #16384
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
A big box o'junk from one of the eBay sellers who sells a lot of lenses and cameras but can't be bothered with the accessories etc. For £11.50 including P&P I got six skylight and UV filters, a working CDS exposure meter, eight lens hoods, five lens caps, two sets of M42 extension tubes (one auto aperture and one manual), a flash bracket, three cable releases, two straps, a pocket tripod, some sort of USB music player (not sure if it works yet), and an incomplete Helios 44-2 with a lot of damage, and some other odds and ends. I can use the caps, hoods, etc. for the lenses I sell, and the rest will more than pay for the lot if I sell them individually.

06-13-2019, 01:51 PM - 1 Like   #16385
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
2 Fifties (LBA was a waaaaay to strong when I saw the price of these two sleeping beauties)
Arrived this morning...
The whole set (+ shipping + Sigma 100-300 4.5-6.7 DL) for 135$ (resistance was futile)

Last edited by Jome; 09-29-2019 at 02:52 AM.
06-13-2019, 02:21 PM   #16386
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Careful; don't those cause wrist cancer?

Chris
Sorry, I meant to reply to this earlier - as I'm sure you know, the atomic part is actually the atomic clock used to transmit the time signal this uses, not actually part of the watch, though that would be seriously cool (if not for the dying horribly part ). Radio controlled is a more accurate description. But atomic is a good way to distinguish things like this when listed on eBay.
06-13-2019, 03:06 PM - 4 Likes   #16387
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Domke F-6 in black canvas

Another Amazon Warehouse bargain...

Chris

06-13-2019, 03:49 PM   #16388
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jome Quote
The whole set (+ shipping + Sigma 100-300 4.5-6.7 DL) for 135$ (resistance was futile)
holy crap! yeh reckon that was a difficult choice!

---------- Post added 06-13-19 at 05:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Gary H Perth Quote
Set a 28mm or 40mm lens on f8 and no need to worry about focus.
yes very tempting to do that....as it did cross my mind when I removed it and could see quite well !
06-14-2019, 09:37 AM - 2 Likes   #16389
Pentaxian

Got a Zenitar-M 1.7 50mm as a swap for a camera that cost me £3 - slight dust and fungus, not likely to cause problems, but focus and aperture and cosmetics all good so I ought to make a little money. It's not a lens I've ever had before, no idea how rare they are but I think I'll make some profit.
06-14-2019, 10:17 AM   #16390
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Summer:Lake Superior - Michigan Winter:Texas Hill Country
Originally posted by JimJohnson
The only things I really didn't like was the 27mm filter threads and the press-in 27mm front lens cap. [in regards to the DA 40mm XS]
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
I like your solution but it is possible to get 27mm button press caps on ebay from china for very cheap for two. They are more secure and easily replaceable so I now leave the push in at home and use the cheap and cheerful and more secure aftermarket ones.
Good to know. It still leaves me with the filter and hood issues however. With the step up ring I can use my current polarizer & ND filters and rubber lens hood - I don't have to purchase - and more importantly carry the extra 27mm filters and hood.
06-14-2019, 10:26 AM - 1 Like   #16391
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Jome Quote
2 Fifties (LBA was a waaaaay to strong when I saw the price of these two sleeping beauties)
Arrived this morning...
Show us the Sigma!
06-14-2019, 02:23 PM - 1 Like   #16392
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Racer X 69 Quote
Show us the Sigma!
Next week!
It is at my office.
06-14-2019, 06:26 PM   #16393
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
It still leaves me with the filter and hood issues however. With the step up ring I can use my current polarizer & ND filters and rubber lens hood - I don't have to purchase - and more importantly carry the extra 27mm filters and hood.
Yep - comes down to usage patterns.
I like carrying small every day, hence no filters and no standard hood. I purchased a DA 70 Ltd from a forum member a few years ago and don't use the supplied deep hood. The previous owner had purchased a 49-27mm conversion ring which is flat and doesn't vignette on the K3 so that makes a very good hood and is flat. So total lens length only increases by 5mm without the cap on and 10mm with the cap on. This solution works very well for my usage pattern.
06-14-2019, 08:30 PM   #16394
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Yep - comes down to usage patterns.
I like carrying small every day, hence no filters and no standard hood. I purchased a DA 70 Ltd from a forum member a few years ago and don't use the supplied deep hood. The previous owner had purchased a 49-27mm conversion ring which is flat and doesn't vignette on the K3 so that makes a very good hood and is flat. So total lens length only increases by 5mm without the cap on and 10mm with the cap on. This solution works very well for my usage pattern.
Your profile says that you have a DA21mm as well as your 70mm. I also have both and I sometimes use the "hood" from the DA21 on my DA 70, if not taking them both out at the same time. Its a much more compact setup. I also use a flat third-party pinch-cap for my DA15mm in place of the screwin cap supplied.
06-14-2019, 11:46 PM - 1 Like   #16395
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Marcus Rowland Quote
A big box o'junk from one of the eBay sellers who sells a lot of lenses and cameras but can't be bothered with the accessories etc. For £11.50 including P&P I got six skylight and UV filters, a working CDS exposure meter, eight lens hoods, five lens caps, two sets of M42 extension tubes (one auto aperture and one manual), a flash bracket, three cable releases, two straps, a pocket tripod, some sort of USB music player (not sure if it works yet), and an incomplete Helios 44-2 with a lot of damage, and some other odds and ends. I can use the caps, hoods, etc. for the lenses I sell, and the rest will more than pay for the lot if I sell them individually.
Where exactly do you look for gems like this? I can't imagine just typing "photography junk" into ebay would be useful.